It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NBA Draft Season Moves
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Christian Wood to Dallas and Jeremi Grant to Portland so far. Both for No.1 picks. Hopefully AK can make a similar sort of move tonight in order to get the Bulls some size upfront.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:23 pm 

Bleacher report saying that the Nets and Lakers are in talks about a Kyrie and Westbrook trade package

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
RFDC wrote:
Bleacher report saying that the Nets and Lakers are in talks about a Kyrie and Westbrook trade package

It's rare that you see a trade where both teams lose.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Oh, stop it. Joe Harris or Seth Curry (both 45% 3 point shooters last season) will have to come along in order to match Westbrook's salary. This is going to be a total fleece by the Lakers.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Oh, stop it. Joe Harris or Seth Curry (both 45% 3 point shooters last season) will have to come along in order to match Westbrook's salary. This is going to be a total fleece by the Lakers.

You know the Lakers are going to give up multiple draft picks and give Kyrie a new contract too. Westbrook will play hard and put up a bunch of empty and ultimately meaningless stats. The Nets will probably miss the playoffs. Kyrie will play relatively well in the 20 or so games he plays in. He'll miss around 60 games due to injury, load management, his neighbor's dog died, to go to Derrick Rose son's middle school graduation, because he got into an argument with LeBron, to investigate new flat earth evidence, to attend a butterfly protest, and because he felt like it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:48 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

From what I read the Nets want to include Harris but Lakers don't want him. They do want Curry because he is on an expiring contract. Lakers will end up having to take Harris when it's all said and done.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:07 pm 

Nas wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

You know the Lakers are going to give up multiple draft picks and give Kyrie a new contract too. Westbrook will play hard and put up a bunch of empty and ultimately meaningless stats. The Nets will probably miss the playoffs. Kyrie will play relatively well in the 20 or so games he plays in. He'll miss around 60 games due to injury, load management, his neighbor's dog died, to go to Derrick Rose son's middle school graduation, because he got into an argument with LeBron, to investigate new flat earth evidence, to attend a butterfly protest, and because he felt like it.

:lol: :lol: alright that's funny. But in all seriousness, Kyrie would have been playing basketball games last year had he not been a New York City employee. Lakers get a much much better PG and a 45% three point shooter.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:42 pm 

Nas wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

That's why Kyrie's a hero to millennials on down. Gen X+ and Kyrie's bullshit doesn't fly.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Wolfey, you relied on the NYC employee excuse all year and while you're factually correct you miss the larger point about him being a b1tch (an unreliable and emotional mess). Get the jab, fuck your social justice causes, and do your fucking job. That's all he has to do. 99 percent of the other players do it. The 1 percent that don't are also b1tches: Ben Simmons and Zion KFC Williamson.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:39 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Wolfey, you relied on the NYC employee excuse all year and while you're factually correct you miss the larger point about him being a b1tch (an unreliable and emotional mess). Get the jab, fuck your social justice causes, and do your fucking job. That's all he has to do. 99 percent of the other players do it. The 1 percent that don't are also b1tches: Ben Simmons and Zion KFC Williamson.

I never said the guy wasn't a bitch. He's a wacko but he's still a hell of a basketball player. The Lakers are going to get him (along with Curry or Harris) for nothing. And I bet you Kyrie plays 60 games next season.

If Boston had to play Toronto, Jaylen Brown and Al Horford would not have suited up in Canada because they're both bitches too I guess.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

Ron Wolfley wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I never said the guy wasn't a bitch. He's a wacko but he's still a hell of a basketball player. The Lakers are going to get him (along with Curry or Harris) for nothing. And I bet you Kyrie plays 60 games next season.

If Boston had to play Toronto, Jaylen Brown and Al Horford would not have suited up in Canada because they're both bitches too I guess.

Why would you? He's played in more than 60 games 4 times in his career.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hussra wrote:
Nas wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

That's why Kyrie's a hero to millennials on down. Gen X+ and Kyrie's bullshit doesn't fly.

Not showing up for work is heroic.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:13 pm 

Nas wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Why would you? He's played in more than 60 games 4 times in his career.

That's a little misleading. His first season in the NBA was the lockout year. He played in 51 of 66. Then 59 of 82 the following year (essentially 60). 71 and 75 the is seasons three and four. 72, 60, and 67 games in seasons six, seven, and eight. I count that as 7 times.

Again, he's injury prone and a weird dude. My point is the Lakers are about to fleece the Nets and it's not the Nets' fault, it's all Kyrie's fault. If you put some money on the Lakers when they were 20 to 1, I'm happy for you.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

Folks were trying to crown the Lakers last year. I'm unsure if I would trust Kyrie and AD to be available. LeBron is a freak of nature, but Father Time is still undefeated for everyone not named Brady. It's possible that all three players are out with injuries at the same time.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:11 pm 

Lakers messed up letting Caruso walk. Caruso's defense made him worth whatever contract
the Lakers had to offer to keep him. And Caruso and Lebron played well together. Maybe Caruso isn't a Klutch client.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:29 pm 

Ayton signs deal with Pacers. Suns have 2 days to match it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:13 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Ayton signs deal with Pacers. Suns have 2 days to match it.

They will match it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:24 pm 

only to trade Ayton to the Pacers tho?

This is probably the end of the KD waiting game.

Free agency can resume with KD and Kyrie staying in Brooklyn. There isn't a trade package out there
worth trading KD for it seems, at least to a team that KD wants to go to. And if KD doesn't want to join
your team, you're not going to mortgage your future to have a disgruntled KD for a year before he asks out again.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:26 pm 

Hussra wrote:
only to trade Ayton to the Pacers tho?

This is probably the end of the KD waiting game.

Free agency can resume with KD and Kyrie staying in Brooklyn. There isn't a trade package out there
worth trading KD for it seems, at least to a team that KD wants to go to. And if KD doesn't want to join
your team, you're not going to mortgage your future to have a disgruntled KD for a year before he asks out again.

And that's why the Bulls should not have tried to trade for him.

Once Phoenix matches he won't be eligible to be traded until Dec..

And Phoenix was never going to allow him to walk for nothing. They just wanted to see what the market was for him seeing as he was a restricted free agent.

His Beef with Phoenix was that they would not max him out. Indiana has but the amount they are able to pay him is quite a bit less than what Phoenix can pay him. That's probably what he will continue to be shitty about too.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:42 pm 

Suns have matched. And they get him at a discount as Missing Link pointed out :lol:

Now, if KD wants to play with Chris Paul, Booker, and Ayton, I feel the Suns can unload Bridges, Cam Johnson, and a bunch of fucking 1st Round picks. It's likely a third team or even 4th team would be involved -- but if Durant wants to be in Phoenix (as Shams has said) he certainly has the power to make it happen.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
So does this make Durant a bigger bitch than LeBron? KD went to GS won a ring then left because Draymond Green made him cry. Then he goes to Brooklyn, doesn't do shit, then demands a trade because his feelings were hurt. At least lebron won titles everywhere he's been.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:41 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Suns have matched. And they get him at a discount as Missing Link pointed out :lol:

Phoenix played old school, NBA hardball with Ayton. That's what teams used to routinely do with guys back when they had more control. Let someone else establish what his market happens to be instead of knee jerkingly resigning him for more money just to keep him happy. That's why Ayton is shitty. He knows that he would have made a helluva lot more money if Phoenix would have simply maxed him out on an extension. Since they didn't there was no way (due to NBA rules precluding another team from paying him as much as Phoenix) that he could ever receive as much from another team.
Look for him to demand a trade at some point during the season.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

I would love to see him in a Bulls jersey.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:57 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

Phoenix played old school, NBA hardball with Ayton. That's what teams used to routinely do with guys back when they had more control. Let someone else establish what his market happens to be instead of knee jerkingly resigning him for more money just to keep him happy. That's why Ayton is shitty. He knows that he would have made a helluva lot more money if Phoenix would have simply maxed him out on an extension. Since they didn't, there was no way (due to NBA rules precluding another team from paying him as much as Phoenix) that he could ever receive as much from another team.

And Phoenix brass (though they will never say so publicly) has to be kicking themselves in the ass for drafting Ayton over Luka. A Luka/Booker combination might already have won a title by now.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese

Many bad tats in the NBA though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:11 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

Phoenix played old school, NBA hardball with Ayton. That's what teams used to routinely do with guys back when they had more control. Let someone else establish what his market happens to be instead of knee jerkingly resigning him for more money just to keep him happy. That's why Ayton is shitty. He knows that he would have made a helluva lot more money if Phoenix would have simply maxed him out on an extension. Since they didn't, there was no way (due to NBA rules precluding another team from paying him as much as Phoenix) that he could ever receive as much from another team.

And Phoenix brass (though they will never say so publicly) has to be kicking themselves in the ass for drafting Ayton over Luka. A Luka/Booker combination might already have won a title by now.

If the Suns don't win a championship with this group and Luka goes on to have a HOF career (which it looks like he surely will), it's going to be talked about for a long damn time.

Durant with Tatum in Boston would be sick.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:09 am 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

If the Suns don't win a championship with this group and Luka goes on to have a HOF career (which it looks like he surely will), it's going to be talked about for a long damn time.

Durant with Tatum in Boston would be sick.

Nets want Durant, Smart, a rotation player and multiple picks in order to trade Durant. That is a major haul for Durant at this stage of his career.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:17 am 

I've only heard Brown, Derrick White + picks being offered. If the Nets wanna add Smart or swap White for Smart the Celtics should ask for Seth Curry along with Durant. Given where they are in their careers, Brown + picks and another player (non-starter) for Durant seems fair.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:21 am 

Hussra wrote:
I've only heard Brown, Derrick White + picks being offered. If the Nets wanna add Smart or swap White for Smart the Celtics should ask for Seth Curry along with Durant. Given where they are in their careers, Brown + picks and another player (non-starter) for Durant seems fair.

The Nets counteroffer to the proposal you stated included Smart in the trade.

Frank Coztansa wrote: