It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2022/23 Season
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
they're likely to draw the Lakers. Unless the Warriors continue to fall. Wasn't surprised the Lakers lost to the Rockets without AD. I think the Griz and Pels will have a resurgence the next week or two.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Bagels wrote:
Kings are killing it. Another road win last night

I look at the West and say, Why not the Kings? Seriously, why not?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
The Missing Link wrote:
Stacey King claimed the Bulls wanted 2 first round picks for Caruso. No one is giving them that for Caruso. If it's Wiseman straight up for Caruso I'd roll with that.

Yep! Big mistake by AK

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:41 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Nardi wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Kings are killing it. Another road win last night

I look at the West and say, Why not the Kings? Seriously, why not?

see this guy gets it

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:45 am 

I am really struggling to stay interested in the NBA right now. Maybe getting on the Kings bandwagon will do it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:52 am 

RFDC wrote:
I am really struggling to stay interested in the NBA right now. Maybe getting on the Kings bandwagon will do it.

This will likely be the most exciting playoffs ever. Even the first round series should be good. If you wanted parity then you have parity. And the play in games also add intrigue too.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:55 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:

This will likely be the most exciting playoffs ever. Even the first round series should be good. If you wanted parity then you have parity. And the play in games also add intrigue too.

I think once the playoffs start I will get back interested. I just get tired of all the drama and such. Players demanding to be traded. Players sitting out games they should be playing. The lack of effort/defense for large parts of games. And the Bulls mess is not helping things.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:58 am 

yea there's your issue
stop watching the Bulls
your NBA satisfaction level will increase

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Western Conference teams .500 or better on the road:

Kings 22-13
Clippers 19-18
Nuggets 18-18

Eastern:

Sixers 22-12
Bucks 22-13
Celtics 23-14
Knicks 22-14
Nets 20-18

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:03 am 

Warriors have sucked on the road

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:04 am 

RFDC wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I think once the playoffs start I will get back interested. I just get tired of all the drama and such. Players demanding to be traded. Players sitting out games they should be playing. The lack of effort/defense for large parts of games. And the Bulls mess is not helping things.

The load management stuff definitely bothers me and the NBA is going to have to address it at some point. In years past there would be a number of teams (like the Bulls) that would have mailed it in by now. Now they are at least playing for something. That is is a positive.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I don't see a way around load management unless you start contractually compelling players to play a certain amount of minutes or games per year or whatever, which obviously won't happen. It's here to stay imo.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:17 am 

Bagels wrote:
Warriors have sucked on the road

Mike Brown now HC in Sacramento. I dunno how likely it is, but I'd like to see Kings-Warriors in the playoffs and Brown send Kerr golfing early.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:22 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
I don't see a way around load management unless you start contractually compelling players to play a certain amount of minutes or games per year or whatever, which obviously won't happen. It's here to stay imo.

58 game schedule, each team plays every other team 2x.

Make NBA games more of a premium event and eliminate the need for players taking any games off.

They'll never do it, cuz $$$; but they've already cut down on back-to-backs, only 13 per team this season, vs 19 last season, I think I heard. And they eliminated one-off road trips, etc to try to make the schedule as easy on the players as possible.

Maybe if you went to 70 games, you could eliminate back-to-backs completely at least.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:32 am 

Hussra wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Make NBA games more of a premium event and eliminate the need for players taking any games off.

They'll never do it, cuz $$$; but they've already cut down on back-to-backs, only 13 per team this season, vs 19 last season, I think I heard. And they eliminated one-off road trips, etc to try to make the schedule as easy on the players as possible.

Maybe if you went to 70 games, you could eliminate back-to-backs completely at least.

If you knock it down to 58 then some players will still find a way to play 30-35 games per season. The only thing that they can do is not guarantee the contracts. Make them non guaranteed like the NFL does and guys are going to play when they can play.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:49 am 

Hussra wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

$$$ is short term thinking. They'll get it back with interest. Baseball should be the canary in the coal mine. They've squeezed all the TV juice that can be squeezed and it's all downhill from here. Go 3 games in division(or local),2 rest of conference,and 2 out of. Whatever that adds up to. Then go ahead and do your 3 month long playoffs.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:52 am 

veganfan21 wrote:

All most of these guys do is play basketball and nothing else from a young age. They have old man knees and joints by 25 because of it.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:03 am 

Nardi wrote:
$$$ is short term thinking. They'll get it back with interest. Baseball should be the canary in the coal mine. They've squeezed all the TV juice that can be squeezed and it's all downhill from here. Go 3 games in division(or local),2 rest of conference,and 2 out of. Whatever that adds up to. Then go ahead and do your 3 month long playoffs.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:12 am 

conns7901 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

All most of these guys do is play basketball and nothing else from a young age. They have old man knees and joints by 25 because of it.

But wasn't the "modern day training" supposed to compensate for all of that. Jordan and Kareem were playing huge minutes and not missing games at 40 years of age.

I think all of the weight training that basketball players do these days is the main problem. The basketball body was not meant to put on huge masses of muscle. That is the biggest problem. Guys really didn't weight train back in the day like that. And they definitely didn't do it at as young of an age in which current basketball players happen to do it. With all of the weight training these days, they are just screaming to tear or blow something out at some point.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:20 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

But wasn't the "modern day training" supposed to compensate for all of that. Jordan and Kareem were playing huge minutes and not missing games at 40 years of age.

I think all of the weight training that basketball players do these days is the main problem. The basketball body was not meant to put on huge masses of muscle. That is the biggest problem. Guys really didn't weight train back in the day like that. And they definitely didn't do it at as young of an age in which current basketball players happen to do it. With all of the weight training these days, they are just screaming to tear or blow something out at some point.

100%. The more muscled, the more oxygenated blood it demands. LeBron understands this, that's why he blood doped for years.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:11 pm 

no doubt about Lebron doping. That's a given when you look at how maintained that guy is. He's Oscar Robertson with way better pharma.

Lakers nearly lost to the Magic last night. AD had a terrible night and the Magic are pretty good defensively. Got physical with the Lakers and switched all screens. But their offense just couldn't hang.

As I predicted a few months back, if the Nuggs draw the Lakers round one, it's over for Denver. If I am the Lakers with Lebron back in a few weeks, I'd love to draw them first round.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:16 pm 

Kings are absolutely scared of Walker Kessler. Will not challenge him inside.

Jazz might mess around and win this game. Wolves won a close one over the Knicks that they should not have.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:41 pm 

Kings got a bit of a rude awakening from the Celtics last night

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:35 pm 

Bagels wrote:
I don't expect them to make much noise in the playoffs. First Round washout but still a good story because I don't think anyone expected them to be this good prior to the start of the season. Especially with Mike Brown being the coach.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:42 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Bagels wrote:
I don't expect them to make much noise in the playoffs. First Round washout but still a good story because I don't think anyone expected them to be this good prior to the start of the season. Especially with Mike Brown being the coach.

:lol: yea

i don't see them making the Finals, but they could win a 1st round series. Baby steps.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:01 pm 

JJ and Legler poo pooed them today. Oh well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:06 pm 

NBA great Tim Legler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:56 am 

Bagels wrote:
NBA great Tim Legler

And we all know how little legitimate NBA great Jerry West thinks of JJ.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:00 am 

I'm amused at quickly the Lakers can draw my attention, even under .500 and in 10th place. Now I have to watch the Kobe Bryant of the Ozarks, Austin Reaves. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next