It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2022/23 Season
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
City of Fools wrote:
The West is s giant nothingburger.

No. The Western Conference playoffs will be much more entertaining and close than the Eastern Conference playoffs. The Suns, Warriors, Nuggets, Clippers, Mavericks, and Lakers all have a chance. The Pelicans are going to be so much fun if Zion is healthy. It's just the Celtics and Bucks in the East.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Don’t forget coach of the year Thibs.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Celtics have blown big leads in 3 straight games.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:01 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
The West is s giant nothingburger.

No. The Western Conference playoffs will be much more entertaining and close than the Eastern Conference playoffs. The Suns, Warriors, Nuggets, Clippers, Mavericks, and Lakers all have a chance. The Pelicans are going to be so much fun if Zion is healthy. It's just the Celtics and Bucks in the East.

Depends if the Heat get their shit together. Raptors are definitely getting their shit together and the Cavs ain't no joke.

I'd count out Mavs out of hand. There's zero playoff defense there. Lakers are about a 5% probability. If Lebron is in the right frame of mind, you never know. He'd have to play the other end.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:34 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
The Cavs are certainly a dark horse. Man, I love that team.

Can't remember this much parity in a while. I think the West certainly is better than the East because I'm not buying Milwaukee.

4 way tie for the last spots. Lakers are in, and sadly the Pels may be out. Rough loss to the Kings last night, they needed that one. Still hoping to see a Zion return but it may be too late. Just not enough scoring. Love Brandon Ingram's game though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
City of Fools wrote:
I think the West certainly is better than the East because I'm not buying Milwaukee.

This is a wild take.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:38 am 

FavreFan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
I think the West certainly is better than the East because I'm not buying Milwaukee.

This is a wild take.

:lol: this from the king of bad NBA takes. I'm just saying I don't think the West has any standout teams. Compared to the East they're better but this really has been a really NFL like season where there's few big dog teams.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

This is a wild take.

:lol: this from the king of bad NBA takes. I'm just saying I don't think the West has any standout teams. Compared to the East they're better but this really has been a really NFL like season where there's few big dog teams.

I think you may be confused

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:04 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
How about a sig bet? I bet that the Lakers make the playoffs if Lebron and AD play 75 percent of the games from here on out...

I would ask Vegan to do the same but he already lost the last one that he tried to do with me. And never actually placed the sig up. Oh wait I have an idea on the best way to call the marker in since I never actually did. Did I Vegan?

so...your answer is?

Sure I will take that action provided you place them in the non play in games. They have to finish in the Top 6. Deal?

maybe I crossed you up with this guy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
City of Fools wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
How about a sig bet? I bet that the Lakers make the playoffs if Lebron and AD play 75 percent of the games from here on out...

I would ask Vegan to do the same but he already lost the last one that he tried to do with me. And never actually placed the sig up. Oh wait I have an idea on the best way to call the marker in since I never actually did. Did I Vegan?

so...your answer is?

Sure I will take that action provided you place them in the non play in games. They have to finish in the Top 6. Deal?

I actually forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:24 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

This is a wild take.

I think you may be confused

The East has a better record and it's solely because Milwaukee and Boston beat the living shit out of the West. But even taking those two teams out of the equation, especially before the Nets trades, the East has the better talent.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:00 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

so...your answer is?

I actually forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me.

they really could sneak into that six seed. I predicted them as an eight seed.

Luke Kennard. I've seen three Griz games in the past week and that guy is in the middle of every single screwup. Literally can do nothing but standstill jumpers and can't make most of those unless he's WIDE open. Plays absolutely no defense, drives to nowhere in the lane, folds under pressure, real or imagined. No idea what Memphis was thinking with this guy.

Dennis Schroder is so dirty. An incredibly smart player though. Really nearly messed up Jaren Jackson's knee tonight. Griz are missing Morant and Adams. Lakers missing Lebron and Russel. I think the Lakers beat these guys in 7 games if Russel is back, even if the Griz get their two pieces back.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Quote:
Memphis Grizzlies point guard Ja Morant will not face criminal charges stemming from his Instagram Live video in which he appeared to display a handgun at a nightclub, the Glendale, Colorado, Police Department announced Wednesday afternoon.

The Glendale police conducted an investigation after being alerted to the video, determining that the incident took place at a strip club called Shotgun Willie's early Saturday morning, hours after Memphis' loss to the Denver Nuggets, but that there "was not enough available evidence to charge anyone with a crime," according to a news release.

Shotgun Willie's :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Nardi wrote:
the East has the better talent.

I'm taking LeBron, Steph, Luka, KD, AD, Jokic, Booker, Morant, Kyrie, De'Arron Fox, SGA, Kawhi, Paul George and Dame over the talent in the East. It's not close.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:19 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I'm taking LeBron, Steph, Luka, KD, AD, Jokic, Booker, Morant, Kyrie, De'Arron Fox, SGA, Kawhi, Paul George and Dame over the talent in the East. It's not close.

You've Made The List!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:40 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Nardi wrote:

You've Made The List!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:10 am 

OK. If it isn't the talent( Maybe I didn't think out the "talent" portion too well after the trades, maybe I did), let's think out why the top 6 in each conference has the East top 6 with a much better record against the West than the West top 6(I have to count 8 because it's a 3 way tie right now) against the East. No one is under .500 in the East while 3 are under .500 in the West(only one 6th place team is under .500). Plus, the Magic, Hawks, and Heat are over .500. Pelicans and Thunder over .500.

What accounts for this lopsided record? Does the East guard? Is that it?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Fred, what did you think of the officiating tonight?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:54 am 

Frankly, I don't know why refs don't have ptsd. Players piss and moan on every call and every non-call. It used to be a guy like Joey Crawford would say "oh you think I'm an asshole, keep it up, then you'll really see what asshole is" and things would settle down.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nardi wrote:
Frankly, I don't know why refs don't have ptsd. Players piss and moan on every call and every non-call. It used to be a guy like Joey Crawford would say "oh you think I'm an asshole, keep it up, then you'll really see what asshole is" and things would settle down.

Surprise Ts are the worst. When some asshole ref comes running across the court to T somebody up, you know he (or she!) is an over sensitive dbag. Not the right profession for a person with that make-up.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:53 pm 

I'm going to sound old, and I'm going to sound white, but every single play is an argument. Lebron is literally talking to a ref on almost every call against the Lakers. With constant histrionics. It's league wide but that guy sets the tone for his entire team. Every team has one of 'em, just about. Years ago, the NBA did preseason differently and handed out tons of T's. This is while Iverson was still playing. That lasted all of a few weeks. I know emotion is a big part of the game, but it sets the tone for every level of basketball. College is way less so but you should see high school basketball these days, not to mention middle school. It's just going to get worse.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Steph Curry is amazing.

Anybody watching the end of this Warriors -Bucks game?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:21 pm 

Thoughts if we need to reroute the Bucks Championship parade?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:48 pm 

Lakers clowned the Pelicans last night, effectively ending their season. They have the easiest schedule left the rest of the way, according to tankathon. They may lose to the Rockets tonight due to AD being out but if I'm the Nuggets or Kings, the last thing I want to see is the Lakers first round.

I is sad.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Nobody can stop Embid in today's NBA which is not like back in the day where teams all had big men that could at least D up the other teams bigs.

He comes down and camps out in the post, gets whatever shot he wants, and easily puts up 30 and 10, does he have enough around him, probably not enough to win the championship.

Giannis is a similar matchup nightmare, but has a better surrounding cast of guys that know their roles and know how to play a team game.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:43 pm 

Denver has been getting thrashed lately. They have been getting exposed defensively.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:26 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
Nobody can stop Embid in today's NBA which is not like back in the day where teams all had big men that could at least D up the other teams bigs.

He comes down and camps out in the post, gets whatever shot he wants, and easily puts up 30 and 10, does he have enough around him, probably not enough to win the championship.

Giannis is a similar matchup nightmare, but has a better surrounding cast of guys that know their roles and know how to play a team game.

And IIRC Embid kills Joker every time he sees him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Jordan is going to sell his majority stake in the owners. He's taking the profit before the bubble bursts.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:28 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

And IIRC Embid kills Joker every time he sees him.

he just looks like a walking injury though. AD is similar. You just see the bones creak as he runs up and down the floor and you wait for somebody to undercut him and put him back on the DL

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Kings are killing it. Another road win last night

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next