It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
veganfan21 wrote:
You know what's also obvious to anyone watching as well? That fact that he blows.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Quote:
1 All-Rookie Team

2 All-Defensive Team

1 All-NBA

3 NBA Player of the Week

4 NBA Rookie of the Month

1 NBA Rookie of the Year

Not to mention 3 All Star Appearances

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:50 am 

Quote:
It’s the first week of training camp, so it should come as no surprise that players are “in the best shape of my life” and all “have something to prove.”

In Ben Simmons’ case, though, the past two seasons have been ugly, so a return to form would be especially welcome.

And according to his teammates and head coach Jacque Vaughn, the former All-Star has looked like his old self.

“He looks really, really good,’’ Nic Claxton said Thursday at the Nets’ training facility in Brooklyn. “He’s aggressive. He’s feeling good about himself. … It’s a different energy about him. I’m excited to see what he does this year. I know he has a lot to prove to himself [and] prove to everybody else. So I’m ready to go to war with him.”

It has been a long time since Simmons has impressed anyone on the court.

After sitting out the first part of the 2021 season and then being traded to the Nets in February 2022, Simmons has dealt with back and left knee injuries that have severely limited him when he’s even been able to get on the court.

Ben Simmons shoot during Nets' training camp earlier this week.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
He is the most useless player in the history of athletic competition. So yes he's a bust.

You can make fun of his confidence and his complete lack of shooting ability but to say he's the most useless player in history is crazy. Simmons causes problems for the opposing team.

Wolf I know you follow Phoenix a lot. Mikal Bridges is a stud. Did you see any of that coming when he was with Phoenix?

Monty Williams would make a great CEO. A lot of people were tired with his Xs and Os though. He had Bridges standing in the corner a lot.

The best thing to happen to the Suns in its history was Ishbia taking over when he did. He forced James Jones to pull the trigger on Durant, swapped an old and injury plagued Paul for Bradley Beal, hired a proven coach, traded Ayton for Nurkic/Allen/Little, and he inked a new television deal with a local channel to make games more accessible. The Suns are even giving away antennas for free if you don't have one.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:40 am 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
He is the most useless player in the history of athletic competition. So yes he's a bust.

You can make fun of his confidence and his complete lack of shooting ability but to say he's the most useless player in history is crazy. Simmons causes problems for the opposing team.

Wolf I know you follow Phoenix a lot. Mikal Bridges is a stud. Did you see any of that coming when he was with Phoenix?

Monty Williams would make a great CEO. A lot of people were tired with his Xs and Os though. He had Bridges standing in the corner a lot.

The best thing to happen to the Suns in its history was Ishbia taking over when he did. He forced James Jones to pull the trigger on Durant, swapped an old and injury plagued Paul for Bradley Beal, hired a proven coach, traded Ayton for Nurkic/Allen/Little, and he inked a new television deal with a local channel to make games more accessible. The Suns are even giving away antennas for free if you don't have one.

Yeah he used Mikal Bridges exactly the same way that Billy D uses Patrick Williams. People are starting to get hip to that too. Jacque Vaughn has unlocked something in him. His numbers once he got with the Nets were off the charts.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:37 am 

Can you say "Bust"? :lol: Just Asking A Question.

https://youtu.be/vgSOHid6C04?si=sgsvxy31Ofb-w6hA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:23 pm 

Just picked up Ben Simmons for one dollar in my fantasy draft. Hope LTG is right on this one.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:06 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Just picked up Ben Simmons for one dollar in my fantasy draft. Hope LTG is right on this one.

He has looked good and he looks like he has the fire in the belly again. Barring injury he should have a good season

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:37 pm 

conns7901 wrote:

He has looked good and he looks like he has the fire in the belly again. Barring injury he should have a good season

If he wants another big contract he has to play at some point on this one.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:54 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

If he wants another big contract he has to play at some point on this one.

He looks good. I think pride will have a lot to do with it. He has a lot to prove. Dude is flying around in the preseason.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5