It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ben Simmons and Kyrie
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Your dime, your dance floor. KD is out for a month. Hottest team in the NBA just lost the guy that was one of the favorites for the MVP award. Ben Simmons has to step up. Kyrie has been lowkey playing lights out since he returned from suspension.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
KD turns 35 this year. That must be about the oldest NBA MVP ever. I could see Steph maybe stealing one age 34+ if he could stay on the court. These older players can't seem to stay on the court enough games to get the MVP votes.

Last year to win an MVP before it becomes the Victor Wembanyama award. Maybe after Wembanyama wins 10 in a row they'll retire him from MVP voting and let some other players have a chance to win.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:56 am 

I think it is more likely Kyrie takes another mental health break before KD returns than him actually stepping up.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:09 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
I think it is more likely Kyrie takes another mental health break before KD returns than him actually stepping up.

It seems like that suspension was a wakeup call, as it hit him in the pocket book big time. I think he will be leaving the politics alone for a little while now.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Kyrie seems to be improving, I'll give him credit.

Ben Simmons sucks, most overpaid player in history.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:14 pm 

Hussra wrote:
KD turns 35 this year. That must be about the oldest NBA MVP ever. I could see Steph maybe stealing one age 34+ if he could stay on the court. These older players can't seem to stay on the court enough games to get the MVP votes.

For all of the physicality that the NBA has supposedly legislated out of the game it seems that guys get injured a helluva lot more than they used to. Either that or they have realized that "preserving" themselves means 5 or 6 years more on their career. I think it has more to do with the latter actually.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
The Missing Link wrote:
Ben Simmons has to step up.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/354 ... h-straight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:29 pm 

Bagels wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

You just know that Nets legal is trying hard to find a loophole that gets them out from under some if not all of his ridiculous contract. Yet another bad teammate who doesn’t want to play basketball.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Regular Reader wrote:
Bagels wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

You just know that Nets legal is trying hard to find a loophole that gets them out from under some if not all of his ridiculous contract. Yet another bad teammate who doesn’t want to play basketball.

it's brutal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:05 pm 

:lol:

My signature called this like 5 years ago.

veganfan21 wrote:

Ben Simmons sucks, most overpaid player in history.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:07 pm 

Bagels wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Simmons is an embarrassment. Should go back to Australia and try his hand at kangaroo boxing or something. Punk ass bitch.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:07 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Bagels wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Simmons is an embarrassment. Should go back to Australia and try his hand at kangaroo boxing or something. Punk ass bitch.

Weak trolling effort. Again

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:15 am 

I'm actually dead serious. I'm also right. Simmons is a bitch and a liability, No harm in graciously accepting your L.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: What??
He's not anywhere close to an all star but he still a legit NBA player. There's always room for a guy who dishes, rebounds, and plays D. I guess he could learn to kangaroo box in the off season.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:24 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

It seems like that suspension was a wakeup call, as it hit him in the pocket book big time. I think he will be leaving the politics alone for a little while now.

I was watching highlights yesterday and almost didn't recognize him. It looks like he went back to 2016. I sincerely hope that he keeps it together, he has too much talent for fans to be deprived of watching him.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:25 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
I'm actually dead serious. I'm also right. Simmons is a bitch and a liability, No harm in graciously accepting your L.

You only began SCREAMNG this after the Atlanta series 2 seasons ago. You are nothing if not a "master of the obvious". There is no "L" to take here.

The True "Prognosticator" calls him a bum out the gate and takes the victory lap ONLY when that is the actuality. Simmons was a very good player ONCE thus all of your after the fact "observations" and "proclamations" are useless.

Plus you don't even watch basketball so how would you know if anyone stinks are happens to be good or not? Just Asking A Question

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:28 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

I was watching highlights yesterday and almost didn't recognize him. It looks like he went back to 2016. I sincerely hope that he keeps it together, he has too much talent for fans to be deprived of watching him.

I think he is way too much into living the NBA lifestyle to actually be good anymore.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:29 am 

Nardi wrote:
He's not anywhere close to an all star but he still a legit NBA player. There's always room for a guy who dishes, rebounds, and plays D. I guess he could learn to kangaroo box in the off season.

Or at least shoot. Unfortunately I watched him on JJ Redick's podcast last summer and there seemed to be something disingenuous about him talking about hooping. This season hasn't helped.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Regular Reader wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Or at least shoot. Unfortunately I watched him on JJ Redick's podcast last summer and there seemed to be something disingenuous about him talking about hooping. This season hasn't helped.

I don't know if was disingenuous. Could be. Seemed to be in denial. Fultz ended up in Orlando. That was a good break for him. That's what Simmons needs. A hinterland with no pressure.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:45 am 

Nardi wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I don't know if was disingenuous. Could be. Seemed to be in denial. Fultz ended up in Orlando. That was a good break for him. That's what Simmons needs. A hinterland with no pressure.

Agreed. It's also why I'd hoped that Sacramento could've gotten him from Philly. Little national glare and if he gave them a near triple double average with maybe 15ppg he'd be beloved there.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:53 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Agreed. It's also why I'd hoped that Sacramento could've gotten him from Philly. Little national glare and if he gave them a near triple double average with maybe 15ppg he'd be beloved there.

I think it's the money and the NBA Lifestyle that is getting the best of him right now.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:05 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nardi wrote:

You both are presuming he cares about getting better. Why presume that? He has never ever worked on shooting, it's unacceptable. He's still the same player he's been for years. That's an indicator of laziness. You want a change in environment but he just went through one? I'm not sure why these dude is being so coddled around these parts. He is what he is - a thief, malcontent, and loser.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:30 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nardi wrote:

You both are presuming he cares about getting better. Why presume that? He has never ever worked on shooting, it's unacceptable. He's still the same player he's been for years. That's an indicator of laziness. You want a change in environment but he just went through one? I'm not sure why these dude is being so coddled around these parts. He is what he is - a thief, malcontent, and loser.

Start actually watching the games and then get back to me once you do. These "First Take" style takes are what's "lazy" if you ask me.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:03 pm 

More deflection which is what guys do when they're cornered. It's obvious I've got more NBA watching hours under my belt than you given I know what Simmons is while you cling to some hope he can fill in for Durant while the latter is injured. :x
There's only one person who would start a thread touting Simmons: a person who doesn't watch him at all.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:07 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
More deflection which is what guys do when they're cornered. It's obvious I've got more NBA watching hours under my belt than you given I know what Simmons is while you cling to some hope he can fill in for Durant while the latter is injured. :x
There's only one person who would start a thread touting Simmons: a person who doesn't watch him at all.

Other than running around calling Ben Simmons a "bitch" "conveniently after the Atlanta series", what "analysis" are you actually providing?

You repeat the same lines over and over and nome of it actually ever pertains to anything that actually occurred during any of the games. Anyone can hunt box scores.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:03 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Ben Simmons is pissing himself in Philadelphia.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Both bitches.....,book it

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:36 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
He was more aggressive in the 3rd.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share