It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Bulls fans are more irrational regarding Miller than they are about Jordan and Pippen.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:57 pm 

There is no clear consensus on who the greatest shooting guard of all time is, as it is a highly debated topic among basketball fans and experts. However, there are several players who are often cited as contenders for the title:

1) Michael Jordan. 6 Championships, 5 MVP's and 10 scoring titles.

2) Kobe Bryant. 5 Championships, 2 gold metals, 18 time all star.

3) Dwyane Wade: 3 Championships, 13 time all star

4) Clyde Drexler 10 time all star and 1 Championship.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bulls fans are more irrational regarding Miller than they are about Jordan and Pippen.

Reggie Miller was mostly an afterthought. He never generated the type of rivalry heat that the Pistons or even the Knicks did.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

In what way?

I don't think there's anything more irrational than arguing for 4-5 different guys as the GOAT but refusing to consider Jordan has a viable claim, as you have done on here.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:44 pm 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

In what way?

I don't think there's anything more irrational than arguing for 4-5 different guys as the GOAT but refusing to consider Jordan has a viable claim, as you have done on here.

Irrational hatred. He was a Bulls nemesis. He was an elite shooter. I don't think anyone compares him to Jordan. Maybe himself.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:47 pm 
Site Admin

And I've never said Jordan doesn't have a "viable claim" if there is such a thing as a GOAT. I've sai it'no indisputable and those who think it's someone else aren't insane the way Bulls fans would have us believe.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:59 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

In what way?

Irrational hatred. He was a Bulls nemesis. He was an elite shooter. I don't think anyone compares him to Jordan. Maybe himself.

He was an elite shooter. Don't think anybody disagrees with that. I've never gotten the impression Bulls fans underrate or dismiss Miller. If anything, I think they have a good amount of reverence for him as a Bulls nemesis for the reason Nas stated.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:02 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
And I've never said Jordan doesn't have a "viable claim" if there is such a thing as a GOAT. I've sai it'no indisputable and those who think it's someone else aren't insane the way Bulls fans would have us believe.

Well, you vacilate more than anyone I've ever seen posit an opinion on this topic. Sometimes you've said it's not indisputable. Sometimes Lebron is undisputed GOAT. Sometimes Magic is. Sometimes Kareem or Wilt are. Sometimes Jordan has a case, other times it's silly to include him because he's not a big man and the GOAT needs to be a big man (when it's not Magic or LeBron)

So you can see why it's hard to keep track of your GOAT thoughts but one thing you have been very consistent about is that it's someone other than Michael Jordan.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:03 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Well, you vacilate more than anyone I've ever seen posit an opinion on this topic. Sometimes you've said it's not indisputable. Sometimes Lebron is undisputed GOAT. Sometimes Magic is. Sometimes Kareem or Wilt are. Sometimes Jordan has a case, other times it's silly to include him because he's not a big man and the GOAT needs to be a big man (when it's not Magic or LeBron)

So you can see why it's hard to keep track of your GOAT thoughts but one thing you have been very consistent about is that it's someone other than Michael Jordan.

:lol: and then claim that bulls fans are irrational

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
He was a shooter, yes, but he wasn't a shooter like Kyle Korver or Dell Curry was a shooter. He could actually carry teams. He was the clear-cut no 1 on those Pacers teams that routinely made the playoffs.

At one point they went to the post-season 16/17 years, 14 of which Miller was the clear-cut no 1. I'm ending Miller's reign as no 1 around 2000 when he was replaced by Jermaine Oneal. In those 14 playoff years with defense-first guys like Derrick McKey and the Davis brothers, he went to four ECFs and 1 Finals. That's more impressive than anything Wade did after losing Shaq and before lucking into LeBron.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:35 pm 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I don't think LeBron is the GOAT. I'm just trolling you Bulls fans. You can find many posts here with my sincere views on the subject:

1) I don't believe in the concept of a GOAT.
2) If there is such a thing it's undoubtedly a center.
3) I have no problem with you thinking Jordan is the GOAT. You probably had his poster on your wall and overpaid for his shoes.
4) To me, Magic is the greatest non-center. (And he won a title game playing center.) But I don't think you're an idiot for disagreeing. Unless you try to tell me something dumb like Pippen or Dwyane Wade were better.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:15 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

In what way?

Reggie Miller wrote:

SQUARE'S THE BEEF?!?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Vacillate. Have you ever actually watched a spelling bee?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Google Pizza
I do not have enough information about that person to help with your request. I am a large language model, and I am able to communicate and generate human-like text in response to a wide range of prompts and questions, but my knowledge about this person is limited. Is there anything else I can do to help you with this request?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:01 pm 

Google Bard AI wrote:
I do not have enough information about that person to help with your request. I am a large language model, and I am able to communicate and generate human-like text in response to a wide range of prompts and questions, but my knowledge about this person is limited. Is there anything else I can do to help you with this request?

Kill yourself

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:07 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Google Bard AI wrote:

Kill yourself

It only took you almost 42,000 post, but you are right.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:11 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Google Bard AI wrote:

Kill yourself

There are many things you can do to prevent fires in your home. Here are a few tips:

Install smoke alarms in every room of your home, including basements and attics. Smoke alarms should be tested monthly and the batteries should be replaced every year.
Create a fire escape plan and practice it twice a year with everyone in your household. The plan should include two ways out of every room and a meeting place outside.
Never leave a cooking fire unattended. Turn off the stovetop or oven before you leave the kitchen.
Be careful with candles. Keep them away from flammable materials and never leave them burning unattended.
Store flammable materials in a safe place away from heat and ignition sources.
Have your chimney cleaned and inspected regularly. Creosote buildup in the chimney can cause fires.
Be careful with electrical cords and appliances. Make sure they are in good condition and not frayed or damaged.
Never use gasoline or other flammable liquids to start a fire.
Teach your children about fire safety. Make sure they know to never play with matches or lighters.

By following these tips, you can help prevent fires in your home and keep your family safe.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:14 pm 

Get ass cancer and die.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:17 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Get ass cancer and die.

Two is a streak.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:17 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Get ass cancer and die.

Here are some tips on how to prevent rectal cancer:

Get regular screenings. If you are over 50 years old, you should get screened for colorectal cancer every 5 years. There are several different screening tests available, including colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, and stool tests.
Eat a healthy diet. Eating a diet that is high in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains and low in processed meats can help to reduce your risk of colorectal cancer.
Maintain a healthy weight. Being overweight or obese increases your risk of colorectal cancer. If you are overweight or obese, talk to your doctor about ways to lose weight safely.
Get regular exercise. Exercise can help to reduce your risk of colorectal cancer. Aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise most days of the week.
Don't smoke. Smoking increases your risk of colorectal cancer. If you smoke, quitting is the best way to reduce your risk.
Talk to your doctor about your risk. Your doctor can help you to assess your risk of colorectal cancer and recommend screening tests and other preventive measures.

By following these tips, you can help to reduce your risk of rectal cancer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Comparing players form different eras is just dumb

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:52 pm 
Site Admin

Walt Williams Neck wrote:

There you go, Walt. The idea of a "GOAT" is dumb.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:23 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!

I disagree. Comparing players' raw stats over eras is dumb, but comparing players in how good they were relative to their peers in their era is a good way of comparing players from different eras.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:28 am 

Dumb? Watching old black and white films of NBA is no different that watching this year's college tournament.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:36 am 
Site Admin

shakes wrote:

I disagree. Comparing players' raw stats over eras is dumb, but comparing players in how good they were relative to their peers in their era is a good way of comparing players from different eras.

Why do so many people believe that players "evolved" from the time of Cousy and Mikan, yet they stopped evolving with Barkley and Jordan. Did basketball man reach his peak and is now in decline?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:38 am 
Site Admin

Is Dwyane Wade really better than Fat Lever? The only thing Wade did better was score and I'm pretty sure Lever could have gotten 25 a game if he had been on teams where he needed to.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:40 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
shakes wrote:

Why do so many people believe that players "evolved" from the time of Cousy and Mikan, yet they stopped evolving with Barkley and Jordan. Did basketball man reach his peak and is now in decline?

The players' play isn't devolving. The game might be, and the structure around it. Sabremetrics, load management, player movement and attitudes, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:54 am 
Site Admin

Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
shakes wrote:

The players' play isn't devolving. The game might be, and the structure around it. Sabremetrics, load management, player movement and attitudes, etc.

But there's a belief that guys like Mikan and Cousy couldn't play today and if they did, they'd be the last guy off the bench. Let's assume that it's true and those guys just couldn't compete with Jordan and Robert Parrish. Why do we believe that Parrish and Jordan could compete 35 years further down the line?

People will watch old decaying film and call guys "slow". You know Ruth didn't tiptoe around the bases. That's the way the old film made it look. There is no film of Ruth in his prime. But if a 25 year old Ruth appeared in a time machine, he'd be one of the most imposing physical specimens in today's game.

People don't "evolve" over three generations. But here's an interesting thing. There was a harness horse that took New York by storm in the 70s named Big Towner. He was a fluke in that he was born when his sire was like 30 years old and his sire was a late foal from his own sire. Big Towner was only seven generations removed from Hambletonian himself. And with horses, we are actively trying to evolve them. They're typically bred at four or five. The generations are much shorter. So how could a horse whose grandsire was foaled in 1903 possibly compete in 1977? He didn't just compete, he was the best.

Mikan played against Cousy who played against Wilt who played against Jabbar who played against Jordan who played against Kidd who played against Rondo who played against Durant.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:06 am 

There's a peak to human athletic development. There's a curve that goes up quickly and then flattens. It used to be, "just play more to develop". These days it's film, it's nutrition, it's mental therapy, it's lab. Generally, today's professional athletes work a lot harder. And a lot smarter. And the edge they have is a lot smaller.

Last edited by Nardi on Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:08 am 
Site Admin

Nardi wrote:
There's a peak to human athletic development. There's a curve that goes up quickly and then flattens. It used to be, "just play more to develop". These days it's film, it's nutrition, it's mental therapy, it's lab. Generally, today's professional athletes work a lot harder. And a lot smarter. And the edge they have is a lot smaller.

Well, of course. Bob Cousy didn't have Tim Grover sticking a needle in his ass.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next