It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 4:47 pm 

If the bulls didnt bring in rodman, jordan would not have got #4 that year and very likely would have went to LA or some shit. his legacy of loyalty to the bulls is money driven, nothing else.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
IkeSouth wrote:
If the bulls didnt bring in rodman, jordan would not have got #4 that year and very likely would have went to LA or some shit. his legacy of loyalty to the bulls is money driven, nothing else.

what? of course they brought him in bec it was about winning championships. any org would bring in someone who helps you win. Again BRING'S IN - DOESN'T LEAVE.

And Jordan doesn't leave. You're mistaking him for LeBrong.

And Legacy is money driven? So Lebron does this shit all for free?

You're talking like the past is some myth instead of actually happening.

If this if that :roll:

I thought you were one of those smart LeBron fans but I guess you're not. Just throwing shit up there and see's what sticks to make your excuses. sad. I cannot take any of your basketball takes seriously now. You seem to be filled with rage and hate that LeBron isn't the unanimous greatest by all entire basketball community - NBA HOFs and Legends and fans.

Nothing wrong with being #2.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 6:14 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Ron Wolfley wrote:
The Knicks are the favorites at 3/1 on betonline.ag in the event he doesn't return to LA or retire.

I'd like to either see him run it back with AD and Kyrie or if they cannot get Kyrie -- retire for one season, get healthy with that $1 or $2 million he spends every year on his body and then come back to play for whatever team drafts Bronny (hopefully that team is a contender).

That rumor has been going around all season. Seems a smart thing to do.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
At this stage he needs to be the #3 not the #1. NY doesn't make sense from that perspective to me.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 6:33 pm 

Not a Lebron fan at all. But I do hope he is able to play a year with his son. That would be a really cool thing.

When is last time the sporting world has seen that? Griffey Sr/Jr?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 6:41 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
RFDC wrote:
Not a Lebron fan at all. But I do hope he is able to play a year with his son. That would be a really cool thing.

When is last time the sporting world has seen that? Griffey Sr/Jr?

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 7:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
veganfan21 wrote:
At this stage he needs to be the #3 not the #1. NY doesn't make sense from that perspective to me.

There’s no way he’s going to accept that

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Bagels wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

There’s no way he’s going to accept that

This seems ridiculous. You don't think he'd accept being the #2 or #3 playmaker/scorer on a team? You don't think LeBron would be ecstatic with a Kyrie upgrade over Russell (averaged 6 points in the WCF) or Schroder (averaged 7 points in the WCF)? There'd be no question who the #1 scorer/playmaker is if Kyrie went to Los Angeles.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 1:06 pm 

i think he'd be happy with upgrades as long as he was clearly the #1 still

also i hope this puts to bed that DAngelo Russell is any good at all

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 1:20 pm 

I don't think he was clearly the #1 on his team in these playoffs. That was evident in Game 4 of the WCF or Game 6 of the WCSF, sure -- but Davis, when he's on, is their #1. I just don't think he wants to be the #1 at age 39.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 1:23 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
I don't think he was clearly the #1 on his team in these playoffs. That was evident in Game 4 of the WCF or Game 6 of the WCSF, sure -- but Davis, when he's on, is their #1. I just don't think he wants to be the #1 at age 39.

do you think in a couple years he'll agree to be a 6th man for some team ?

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 1:42 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

I want to see him play the Robert Chief role and be the 12th man at like age 45.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 2:21 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 2:57 pm 

I think it's a fundamental misreading of LeBron to assume he won't be down with being #3. His game is more skewed toward being a facilitator than the guy making buckets the whole time.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 3:15 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
I think it's a fundamental misreading of LeBron to assume he won't be down with being #3. His game is more skewed toward being a facilitator than the guy making buckets the whole time.

sure, but it's more about ego

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 3:28 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

And the man is 39 years old :lol: . Certainly he understands that given his injuries the last few seasons. I know Anthony Davis sometimes underwhelms, but that's the entire reason they traded for him -- so Davis could be the #1 option.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 3:51 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

The problem is on a team with LeBron the third best player gets blamed if they lose and the best player gets the credit if they win.

Would he be able to handle being Bosh/Love/Westbrook'd to save the team's superstar from criticism?

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 4:31 pm 

again... i dont think anyone would have bet lebron would have been the best player on the lakers this post season. what he did should be recognized.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 4:42 pm 

:lol: are you his PR guy or something ?

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 4:49 pm 

Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

The problem is on a team with LeBron the third best player gets blamed if they lose and the best player gets the credit if they win.

Would he be able to handle being Bosh/Love/Westbrook'd to save the team's superstar from criticism?

I don't see his ego the same way you all do. I want to say he acknowledged at some point that this is Davis' team to carry. I don't think he's as egotistical as you're making him out to be, at least during the last 2-3 years.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 6:55 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I don't see his ego the same way you all do. I want to say he acknowledged at some point that this is Davis' team to carry. I don't think he's as egotistical as you're making him out to be, at least during the last 2-3 years.

Even Davis gets blamed for the losses but not the wins but normally the second best player with LeBron is treated more with "He did alright but not enough to overcome Bosh/Love/Westbrook failing to deliver". Wade, Kyrie, and Davis only got minor criticism.

It's just a very interesting pattern. The third best player with LeBron always fails him.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 8:58 am 

Sorry not following. I think when you look at lebron's losses in the finals for example he's received valid criticism for losing in Miami. In Cleveland they lost Love in one series and predictably lost then overcame all odds to win the next season against the 73 win warriors. Then they lost again to a superior warriors plus Durant team. Not sure if there's any blame on the Cleveland losses - they lost one finals due to injury and another one to a stacked superteam. Big picture wise he's facing valid criticism for the 4-7 record or whatever it is but it's muted by getting to the finals 11 times or whatever it might be.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 9:06 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Street Clothes was solid against the Warriors every other game. He was mostly a liability against the Nuggets. It was embarrassing to watch.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 9:16 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Sorry not following. I think when you look at lebron's losses in the finals for example he's received valid criticism for losing in Miami. In Cleveland they lost Love in one series and predictably lost then overcame all odds to win the next season against the 73 win warriors. Then they lost again to a superior warriors plus Durant team. Not sure if there's any blame on the Cleveland losses - they lost one finals due to injury and another one to a stacked superteam. Big picture wise he's facing valid criticism for the 4-7 record or whatever it is but it's muted by getting to the finals 11 times or whatever it might be.
Here is the script:

Lebron's team wins a title: LeBron gets a majority of the credit.
Lebron's team doesn't win a title: Someone else(Bosh/Love/Westbrook) didn't do enough to help him. The second best player gets some of the blame but most falls to the third best player.

I'll also point out that you personally bash Kyrie Irving all the time simply because he dared to not want to play with LeBron but that is kind of a different point.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 9:24 am 

I think he rightly gets credit when they win...he's the Jordan. Why is that wrong? Wherever lebron goes they win a title...Miami, returning to Cleveland, and LA. In other words, there's a correlation between LeBron being on your team and your team winning a title. Bosh and Wade didn't win titles once lebron left. Irving and love didn't win titles once LeBron left. Etc. Therefore, he rightly gets credits
because he is the driver of your team getting a ring.

I think we differ on the blame. They were never going to beat the Durant warriors. I said he rightly gets blame for Miami losses. This year, at 39 years old, I don't see how he gets the blame. Davis needs to step up plus the roster wasn't as good as it needed to be - that's why they made major midseason trades.

Me bashing Irving is separate, you're right. He thought he could be alpha without lebron but - as I predicted - he was wrong. He's done jack shit since abandoning LeBron.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 9:32 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
I think he rightly gets credit when they win...he's the Jordan. Why is that wrong? Wherever lebron goes they win a title...Miami, returning to Cleveland, and LA. In other words, there's a correlation between LeBron being on your team and your team winning a title. Bosh and Wade didn't win titles once lebron left. Irving and love didn't win titles once LeBron left. Etc. Therefore, he rightly gets credits
Wade won a title without LeBron. However, the way LeBron uses his influence at his current team also destroys much of the future of the place he is at in the attempts to go for the thing that makes them the best in the short term. Are you really going to blame Kevin Love for not winning another title with the Cavs?

veganfan21 wrote:
I think we differ on the blame. They were never going to beat the Durant warriors. I said he rightly gets blame for Miami losses. This year, at 39 years old, I don't see how he gets the blame. Davis needs to step up plus the roster wasn't as good as it needed to be - that's why they made major midseason trades.
Outside of a generic blame for the two losses in Miami you seem to be agreeing with my point that he gets the credit but not the blame.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 10:41 am 

Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Wade won a title without LeBron. However, the way LeBron uses his influence at his current team also destroys much of the future of the place he is at in the attempts to go for the thing that makes them the best in the short term. Are you really going to blame Kevin Love for not winning another title with the Cavs?

veganfan21 wrote:
Outside of a generic blame for the two losses in Miami you seem to be agreeing with my point that he gets the credit but not the blame.

Wade never achieved anything on his own after LeBron left. And once Shaq declined Wade also never won anything. I've went over this with FF a ton - look at Wade's performance after Shaq left, those teams sucked. The 2023 Bulls were better. Anyway, the larger point is LeBron is the driver of success - once he leaves, teams recede back to mediocrity.

I don't understand your point about short-term and long-term. If you employ James then you're a win-now team. This is like Gute trying to prioritize the "future" when he has MVP Rodgers at 37 years old on the roster. To James' credit, he's delivered the "win" part of win-now at each stop he's been at. Are you saying you'd rather have a chance at a title at some point in the future instead of a title right now and here?

You can't dismiss me explicitly blaming James and then say I don't blame James? I'll say it again, James should have won more in Miami. They got beat by better teams in Cleveland, that's objective. If you want to blame James for an up and down tenure in LA then I won't blame you. Him being blamed plus the roster being underwhelming can be true at the same time.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 10:45 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Wade never achieved anything on his own after LeBron left. And once Shaq declined Wade also never won anything. I've went over this with FF a ton - look at Wade's performance after Shaq left, those teams sucked. The 2023 Bulls were better. Anyway, the larger point is LeBron is the driver of success - once he leaves, teams recede back to mediocrity.
You are doing a terrible job of countering the "When LeBron wins it is because of him and when he loses it is because of others" argument I am making. :lol: Even Wade winning a title without LeBron doesn't count because Wade didn't win a title after LeBron left too.

veganfan21 wrote:
I don't understand your point about short-term and long-term. If you employ James then you're a win-now team. This is like Gute trying to prioritize the "future" when he has MVP Rodgers at 37 years old on the roster. To James' credit, he's delivered the "win" part of win-now at each stop he's been at. Are you saying you'd rather have a chance at a title at some point in the future instead of a title right now and here?
I'm saying it is pointless to point out that LeBron's teams weren't great after he left when the reason they weren't great after he left was that they did everything they could to win at the current time at the expense of what would happen after. It's like saying the Bulls were terrible after Jordan left.

veganfan21 wrote:
You can't dismiss me explicitly blaming James and then say I don't blame James? I'll say it again, James should have won more in Miami. They got beat by better teams in Cleveland, that's objective. If you want to blame James for an up and down tenure in LA then I won't blame you. Him being blamed plus the roster being underwhelming can be true at the same time.
You just hand waved away that Wade won a title in Miami because he didn't win more titles after James left. I think it's pretty clear that you are doing exactly what I am describing.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 11:00 am 

Brick wrote:
You are doing a terrible job of countering the "When LeBron wins it is because of him and when he loses it is because of others" argument I am making. :lol: Even Wade winning a title without LeBron doesn't count because Wade didn't win a title after LeBron left too.

Have you considered that maybe it's because your argument sucks?

I can only assume you are also critical of the Rams' Super Bowl win because going all out for the title in 2022 meant they would suck in 2023. If only they skipped out on an actual title in 2022 for hypothetical titles in 2023 and beyond. This is also what J Hood suggested, so at least you've got that going

Every city - Miami, Cleveland, LA - would happily take the titles they've actually won. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the Bulls title run because it meant they sucked ass in 1999.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 11:07 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
I can only assume you are also critical of the Rams' Super Bowl win because going all out for the title in 2022 meant they would suck in 2023. If only they skipped out on an actual title in 2022 for hypothetical titles in 2023 and beyond. This is also what J Hood suggested, so at least you've got that going
I'm not being critical of it. I'm pointing out the flaw in pointing to the results of the team after the championship run is over as having anything to do with any of the players that played on that team.

It's smart to go all in to win a title but the cost is your team is often bad afterwards. You citing that the Cavs, Heat, Cavs, and likely the Lakers will struggle post-LeBron doesn't really mean much given the whole goal was to win now and not after.