It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
But LeBron didn't leave Miami in bad shape. They had Bosh and Wade. What happened and why?

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 11:28 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
But LeBron didn't leave Miami in bad shape. They had Bosh and Wade. What happened and why?
LeBron and Ray Allen left. Chris Bosh almost died.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
LeBum
LeFlop
LeSweep
LeStoleInitialsFromFormerPOTUS
LeDone

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Nas wrote:
Street Clothes was solid against the Warriors every other game. He was mostly a liability against the Nuggets. It was embarrassing to watch.

Nope, I can't let you call him a liability. That's ridiculous. He expended a lot of energy on defensive and was really really good. Offensively, he dominated Game 1 with 40. The closest he got to that number was 28 in Game 3. They needed 35 from him every game against a team like Denver and the lack of scorers on the Lakers roster. I'd gladly take him on the Bulls.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 9:31 am 

if only lebron the gm would surround lebron the player with more talent, both could win a title

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 9:45 am 

good dolphin wrote:
if only lebron the gm would surround lebron the player with more talent, both could win a title

He's done quite fine as a GM - 4 titles out of 11 appearances.

How's Jordan as GM done? :lol: :lol: :lol:

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

2 titles were Wade as GM
1 isn’t a real thing
Cavs was Draymond’s

7 losses were all his

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 9:51 am 

:lol: :lol:

Haters gonna hate.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 9:52 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Michael could have switched teams every couple of years when the going got tough in his present situation. Instead, talent came to him rather than him chasing talent and he mentored players into all stars and hall of famers.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 9:55 am 

You made your initial point within the context of being a GM though. I ask again: how's that going for your boy? :lol:

LeBron joined up with talent once: Miami. In Cleveland and LA, talent came to him. Love teamed up with LeBron in Cleveland along with other role players, and Davis and others went to LA only because LBJ was there.

Back to Jordan as GM though, I'll concede this: MJ is undefeated in the NBA Finals AND Conference Finals as GM/owner. Very impressive :lol:

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 9:59 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
LeBron joined up with talent once: Miami. In Cleveland and LA, talent came to him. Love teamed up with LeBron in Cleveland along with other role players, and Davis and others went to LA only because LBJ was there.
"Love teamed up with LeBron in Cleveland" is an interesting way to write that Love was traded to Cleveland in a move that was forced by LeBron and it also ignores that LeBron joined Kyrie in Cleveland.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 10:09 am 

Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
"Love teamed up with LeBron in Cleveland" is an interesting way to write that Love was traded to Cleveland in a move that was forced by LeBron and it also ignores that LeBron joined Kyrie in Cleveland.

What's the contradiction? Love wanted to go - that GM move propelled them to a title and four finals appearances. Savvy GM'ing in any objective measure.

Yes, Kyrie was there, but let's contextualize that: Kyrie was a loser and malcontent in Cleveland. This was not a burgeoning playoff time and they had no record of success with Kyrie pre-LeBron. So what was LeBron joining exactly when he went to Cleveland? One losing star player with no achievements. Then LeBron joins and they go to three straight Finals. Then Kyrie leaves and what happens? The Cavs go to the Finals again.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 10:14 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
What's the contradiction? Love wanted to go - that GM move propelled them to a title and four finals appearances. Savvy GM'ing in any objective measure.
The contradiction is you staying that the talent came to him when he joined Wade and Kyrie, and orchestrated Love and AD joining him too. Bosh did seem tied to the hip with LeBron though.

However, it is also funny that you are also arguing that those players also sucked and couldn't do anything without LeBron anyways. After all, why didn't Wade and Bosh win another title after LeBron left and the fact that Bosh almost died is not a valid excuse.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 10:19 am 

Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
The contradiction is you staying that the talent came to him when he joined Wade and Kyrie, and orchestrated Love and AD joining him too. Bosh did seem tied to the hip with LeBron though.

However, it is also funny that you are also arguing that those players also sucked and couldn't do anything without LeBron anyways. After all, why didn't Wade and Bosh win another title after LeBron left and the fact that Bosh almost died is not a valid excuse.

You can't deny they didn't do anything without LBJ aside from Wade. Let's defer to the numbers, Brick:

# of Finals Titles/Appearances with and without LBJ:

Wade: 1/1 without LeBron; 2/4 w/ Lebron
Bosh: 0/0 without LeBron; 2/4 w/ LeBron
Irving: 0/0 without LeBron (and counting); 1/3 w/ LeBron
Love: 0/0 without LeBron; 1/4 w/ LeBron
Davis: 0/0 without LeBron; 1/1 w/ LeBron

What is the common denominator? It's LeBron. Your argument is better suited for Durant who won nothing, then joined a team that won something so then he also won, then left them and won nothing since.

LeBron makes winners.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 10:41 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

You can't deny they didn't do anything without LBJ aside from Wade. Let's defer to the numbers, Brick:

# of Finals Titles/Appearances with and without LBJ:

What is the common denominator? It's LeBron. Your argument is better suited for Durant who won nothing, then joined a team that won something so then he also won, then left them and won nothing since.

LeBron makes winners.
Your point seems to be that most of the people LeBron played with weren't very good, even a guy like Wade who won a title but it doesn't really count.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 10:45 am 

Not my point at all. They were good, of course, but they never made it to a championship prior to LBJ (aside from Wade). That's not only my point but that's a fact. You seem to not accept that fact and I can only guess it's some sort of anti-LeBron bias. If you want to make fun of James for being 4-11 or whatever and losing more Finals than he wins then fine, have at it. But you can't deny he's the sole reason virtually all of his star teammates had a chance to win a ring in the first place.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 10:48 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Not my point at all. They were good, of course, but they never made it to a championship prior to LBJ (aside from Wade). That's not only my point but that's a fact. You seem to not accept that fact and I can only guess it's some sort of anti-LeBron bias. If you want to make fun of James for being 4-11 or whatever and losing more Finals than he wins then fine, have at it. But you can't deny he's the sole reason virtually all of his star teammates had a chance to win a ring in the first place.
You are doing a terrible job of refuting the point that LeBron gets all the credit but none of the blame.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 10:56 am 

Because your premise is not provable. It's just an opinion. I've said on multiple occasions to go ahead and blame him. Start a thread. Start four threads that say "LeBron James deserves 100% blame for losing six NBA Finals". Create a bumper sticker saying the same. Wave a flag. No one is stopping you and saying his roster sucked this year doesn't mean he's free from blame.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 11:04 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Because your premise is not provable. It's just an opinion. I've said on multiple occasions to go ahead and blame him. Start a thread. Start four threads that say "LeBron James deserves 100% blame for losing six NBA Finals". Create a bumper sticker saying the same. Wave a flag. No one is stopping you and saying his roster sucked this year doesn't mean he's free from blame.

Of course it's an opinion. It's an opinion you keep on verifying by saying the things you are about how everyone else was lucky that LeBron gave them a chance to win a ring, including a guy who literally won a ring with the franchise LeBron won 50% of his with.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 11:17 am 

Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Of course it's an opinion. It's an opinion you keep on verifying by saying the things you are about how everyone else was lucky that LeBron gave them a chance to win a ring, including a guy who literally won a ring with the franchise LeBron won 50% of his with.

Explain the before and after for each. Why is there a difference?

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 11:23 am 

There isn't one with Wade. He won a title.
The Wade/Bosh post-LeBron era failed because Bosh almost died and never played a full season again.
You know the problem with Kyrie post-LeBron is as much about him as a person as it is some sort of inability to play basketball well.
Love stuck with a rebuilding Cavs team based on how they went about business to win that title with him. Still though, Love likely was never good enough to win a title on his own anyways.
So that leaves Davis, who clearly needed LeBron to win a title.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 11:29 am 

Thanks (sincerely) for responding. But it's not just post LBJ. It's pre LBJ. Bosh, Wade, Davis, and Irving had anywhere from 4-8 years of playing ball in their primes before joining up with LBJ. The combined pre-LBJ rings for that group - again playing in their primes and as the faces of their respective franchises, more or less - is 1. The combined appearances in the Finals is 1. Post-merger with LBJ the numbers for each all spike. What was the driver?

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 11:39 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Thanks (sincerely) for responding. But it's not just post LBJ. It's pre LBJ. Bosh, Wade, Davis, and Irving had anywhere from 4-8 years of playing ball in their primes before joining up with LBJ. The combined pre-LBJ rings for that group - again playing in their primes and as the faces of their respective franchises, more or less - is 1. The combined appearances in the Finals is 1. Post-merger with LBJ the numbers for each all spike. What was the driver?
LeBron didn't win his first title until 27.

Davis, Kyrie, Bosh, and Love were all 25 or less when they played their last season before LeBron. Why would you hold it against those guys to not win one by 25 but not LeBron?

Wade actually won his first title at the age of 24.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 11:55 am 

Ive seen a lot of these bronsexuals as they're called all over social media. most toxic bunch.

they're so desperate to try to prove he goat they come up with the most ridiculous arguments.

they reflect the man himself. toxic, insecure, and trying so hard to be considered the goat.

they try so hard because they know he isn't the goat and will never be the goat. So they got to tear down other players.

And then they do this bullshit stat nerd shit.

stat nerds have ruined sports in every way.

when I was a kid, when we wanted to know about the greats like Dimaggio or Ted Williams, the old timers use to tell us stories describing how great they were. How in certain games or game situations how they did this or how they did that. It was a beautiful story.

Now, it's OPS or his PPG was X# from these years .... total garbage. What the fuck does that shit mean? Completely soulless and heartless.

30 yrs later we still talking about MJ and his iconic Bulls teams.

In 30 years we gonna talk about Lebron? Probably not. He hopped around so much I don't even know what team he's be associated with.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 3:49 pm 

Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Davis, Kyrie, Bosh, and Love were all 25 or less when they played their last season before LeBron. Why would you hold it against those guys to not win one by 25 but not LeBron?

You're off on several ages. Bosh and Davis were seven year vets for example before joining LeBron so again you've got that wrong. But that's not relevant to the hard data which you've avoided: the pre and post lebron data undercuts whatever narrative you're trying to construct. These guys were star players before lebron but ringless save for one. Then they join lebron and compete for rings, even winning some. You're running away from the hard data. Lebron is indisputably the only reason these guys got rings except for Wade's one ring with Shaq. Lebron needed them and they needed LeBron. But per the data LeBron could win with any group of stars while the others needed LeBron to win except wade for one year. Just bow down to the numbers. It doesn't mean you can't blame James for whatever you want to blame him for but the more you run away from the numbers and correlation the more silly you're looking. .

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 4:11 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

You're off on several ages. Bosh and Davis were seven year vets for example before joining LeBron so again you've got that wrong. But that's not relevant to the hard data which you've avoided: the pre and post lebron data undercuts whatever narrative you're trying to construct. These guys were star players before lebron but ringless save for one. Then they join lebron and compete for rings, even winning some. You're running away from the hard data. Lebron is indisputably the only reason these guys got rings except for Wade's one ring with Shaq. Lebron needed them and they needed LeBron. But per the data LeBron could win with any group of stars while the others needed LeBron to win except wade for one year. Just bow down to the numbers. It doesn't mean you can't blame James for whatever you want to blame him for but the more you run away from the numbers and correlation the more silly you're looking. .

Anthony Davis was 25 his last year with the Pelicans. Bosh was 25 his last year with the Raptors. LeBron was 25 his last year in Cleveland the first time. He didn't win his first title in Miami until 27.

If you are asking why they didn't win rings by 25 then why didn't LeBron?

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 4:30 pm 

Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Anthony Davis was 25 his last year with the Pelicans. Bosh was 25 his last year with the Raptors. LeBron was 25 his last year in Cleveland the first time. He didn't win his first title in Miami until 27.

If you are asking why they didn't win rings by 25 then why didn't LeBron?

BRICK - just have him see the last video here - viewtopic.php?f=66&t=129956

Kwame describing all these LeBum ass kissers.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 4:44 pm 

little bitch veganfan all mad that I posted refuting his pansy ass arguments.

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=129821

little bitch. you can't even win an argument vs Brick who owned your ass all thread so you take your anger out on me? fuck off fuckface!

you just like your bitch hero lebron - running to the refs to bail your ass out.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 9:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
LeBron's "titles"

2012 -- lockout shortened season, 66 game regular season enabled Lebron to finally get over the hump

2016 -- Draymond suspension allows Cavs to come back from down 3-1...easy to win titles when you get the other team's starters suspended

2020 -- this isn't even listed on the NBA website as a real title. LARPing as NBA champions.

2013 is the only legit title one of Lebron's teams won. And it was thanks to Ray Allen's miracle 3 pointer sending Game 6 into OT to keep the Spurs, up 3-2 in the series at that point, from clinching the title. NBA had already brought out the Larry O'Brien in this game, expecting the Spurs, up 5 with a shot clock worth of time left, to secure the championship that night.