It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NBA 2023-2024 Season
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:14 am 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Bradley Beal already in street clothes.

Post subject: Re: NBA 2023-2024 Season
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:39 pm 

The rule changes this year are kinda crazy. Along with the in season tournament, there is serious incentive to play the game before january.

Quote:
What are the new NBA rest rules for 2023-24?
These are the five rules teams and players must abide by:

Only one star player is permitted to rest for one game
Star players must be available for national TV and in-season tournament games
Teams must balance between the number of one-game absences for a star player in home games and road games, with a preference for the former
Teams must abstain from long-term shutdowns or a possibility of one when a star player stops playing or plays in a markedly reduced role in situations that could affect the game's integrity
Healthy players resting for a game must be present and visible to fans
It's also important to note that players must play a minimum of 65 games to be eligible for MVP, an All-NBA team, Defensive Player of the Year, an All-Defensive team or Most Improved Player honors. A player could also be eligible if they played in at least 62 games, suffered a season-ending injury and played in at least 85% of the regular-season games prior to getting injured.

Also, and most surprising, there is a "lebron rule". Any act of exaggerated movement is considered a penalty. you can't just fall down and be called for flopping... if you flail your arms, whip your neck for no reason, any dumb shit like that, it's a foul.

AND BEST OF ALL, the NBA league pass app has FINALLY been fixed. It's a complete rewrite. It was so bad last year, so fucking horrible i ended up not even using it and finding illegal streams, which worked way better. This year, the new app works fantastic, and the picture quality is outstanding. They were stuck on 720p forever... finally, fucking finally it is high definition. It's actually worth the $120 now.

They also mic'd up a lot more players now. Its exactly what the XFL did... and it's fun.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Bradley Beal sat out Tuesday with back tightness. He'll sit out again tonight as will Devin Booker, who has a foot issue. Both Tuesday and tonight's game are national TV (TNT). I'm sure they'd both be on the court if it was the postseason. There's ways around these rest rule changes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:51 pm 

yea there will likely be a lot more 'injuries'. im more interested in the expanded flopping rules. if the refs stay vigilant on that, we might see the kind of basketball we really want.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:52 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
yea there will likely be a lot more 'injuries'. im more interested in the expanded flopping rules. if the refs stay vigilant on that, we might see the kind of basketball we really want.

The league has tried cracking down on flopping multiple times in the past 10 years. Nothing ever changes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:11 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Kudos to the Sixers

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/james-hard ... 19170.html

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:46 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Never thought Nas would canonize the 76ers.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:30 pm 

Fuck harden. Nick nurse is right. It doesn't matter how special you think you are, you have to stay in the system. I know this from experience. Special treatment for one ruins motivation for all.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:35 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Harden is a loser. Always was always will be.

if you want to win a championship stay clear of him.

if you want a guy to destroy your team sign him.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:37 pm 

Yup. Epitomy of cancer. Opposite of leader.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:52 am 
100000 CLUB

Harden was traded again.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:00 am 

Take the under for the clippers in every category

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:24 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Sixers gonna send the vets and 2nd round picks + the swap for DeRozan or Levine? Buddy Hield a potential target too. and that guy on Orlando that everyone says is great but never seems to play in any actual games, Johnathan Isaac.

Sixers supposed to get a couple first round picks, at least one unprotected but it's not until 2028. But I don't think you give up a 1st round pick for less than a top 20 player.

What's going on with the Raptors? Everybody was riding Masai's dick after he pulled off the Kawhi title deal. But since then, I dunno. Seems to be asleep at the wheel. Lost VanVleet for fuck-all. I dunno if those 2 GM's would do a deal with each other. Morey and Masai both have a need to "win" their trades. Although so far Morey's not winning shit with this crap Harden deal, pending whatever trade he makes with the assets coming back.

Gotta give Harden credit, he said he would never play for Morey's lying ass again and he kept his word. Never liked Morey, he acts like he's the best GM ever in the history of GMs. Win something and then maybe you can cop an attitude.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
HawaiiYou wrote:
Harden is a loser. Always was always will be.

if you want to win a championship stay clear of him.

if you want a guy to destroy your team sign him.

HawaiiYou nails it again

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:54 am 

Philly won this. Maxey's better than Harden anyway. It is literally no loss. Now they got 2 #1s and $30mildough coming off the books in the summer. What do the Clippers get? More old and bad and hurt.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:28 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Philly won this. Maxey's better than Harden anyway. It is literally no loss. Now they got 2 #1s and $30mildough coming off the books in the summer. What do the Clippers get? More old and bad and hurt.

I think that Philly will flip those expiring contracts at some point this season and make a go of it this year actually. Those deals don't seemingly have value now but they will in about 2-3 months. Even without Harden they are still a top 4 team in the conference and Nurse is one helluva coach. It all will hinge (big if) on Embiid and his health as it always does though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

I can't believe teams are still buying Harden. The Clippers won't make the conference Finals. Harden will miss games because of his nights in a strip club.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:36 pm 

Nas wrote:
I can't believe teams are still buying Harden. The Clippers won't make the conference Finals. Harden will miss games because of his nights in a strip club.

I can't wait until some dumb team gives him a multi year deal and he forces his way out for a 4th time in under 3 years

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:39 pm 

The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I think that Philly will flip those expiring contracts at some point this season and make a go of it this year actually. Those deals don't seemingly have value now but they will in about 2-3 months. Even without Harden they are still a top 4 team in the conference and Nurse is one helluva coach. It all will hinge (big if) on Embiid and his health as it always does though.

Sixers gotta do better by Embiid than freaking Ben Simmons and post-prime Harden as his #2's. Look at what the Bucks did for Giannis. Morey should be able to package all those expiring deals and some picks and get somebody who won't wilt in the playoffs.

re: Nurse, he might be a Larry Brown or Thibs type--great coach, but you only have a limited window before he alienates the team and you gotta move on. Thibs seems to be getting on well in New York tho. And who knows what all went on in Toronto. Seems like those guys couldn't put it together at all after Kawhi left. Too bad it wasn't a season earlier, Sixers could've had Mike Brown back in the East.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:43 pm 

Hussra wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Sixers gotta do better by Embiid that freaking Ben Simmons and post-prime Harden as a his #2's. Look at what the Bucks did for Giannis. Morey should be able to package all those expiring deals and some picks and get somebody who won't wilt in the playoffs.

re: Nurse, he might be a Larry Brown or Thibs type--great coach, but you only have a limited window before he alienates the team and you gotta move on. Thibs seems to be getting on well in New York tho. And who knows what all went on in Toronto. Seems like those guys couldn't put it together at all after Kawhi left.

The first year after Kawhi they were still a good team. Don't know what happened last year but that dude can coach. Philly is definitely going to make a move or 2 this year. Embiid is 30 or 31 I believe and with his injury history you have to go for it now. I don't think that they can afford to play the cap space/sign a free agent game. They have to strike while the iron is hot.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:26 pm 

Its pretty cool how elite the nba is. Just like NFL, you really only have maybe 5 years where you can dramatically change a team, but only if youre really good. Very few like lebron and curry have a streak of longer than that and most teams have nobody like that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:37 am 

The first year after Kawhi they were still a good team. Don't know what happened last year but that dude can coach. Philly is definitely going to make a move or 2 this year. Embiid is 30 or 31 I believe and with his injury history you have to go for it now. I don't think that they can afford to play the cap space/sign a free agent game. They have to strike while the iron is hot.

that's right, the bubble year? They swept the Nets and pushed the Celts to 7 before bowing out. I don't know how they didn't win a playoff series since then under Nurse with that roster. Bet on them a few times last season and they were frustrating. They played the Wolves without Kat or Gobert? iirc. Raptors led the entire game before spitting the bit and coughing up the W at the end. Something was off with the team's vibe in Toronto last year.

We'll see how things go for Nurse in what can't be the easiest situation to walk into. It is promising that the year the Raptors won it all they had significant mid-season trade(s) that pushed them over the top. So Nurse has succeeded in the situation he's in now, where he's likely going to have to incorporate another (hopefully) star level player into his lineup mid-season.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:59 pm 

Giannis has 46 thru 3.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:46 am 

So I have league pass this year. Bulls are not worth watching but I would like to follow at least one team

76ers? Suns? Warriors? Maybe LA? When is ja Morant coming back to Memphis?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:06 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
So I have league pass this year. Bulls are not worth watching but I would like to follow at least one team

OKC is the most interesting to me. Might have the best player in the league plus a possible ROY.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Nardi wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

OKC is the most interesting to me. Might have the best player in the league plus a possible ROY.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:39 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:22 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Why do bad things happen to good people?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants