All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Clippers New Arena
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Steep, on top of the action, like the Old Barn

Post subject: Re: Clippers New Arena
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Pay 200$ a head to get a crick in yer neck straining to watch an NBA game ticker on someone else's badly mounted TV in a room full of people doom scrolling twitter and tiktok on their cell phones; while unlikable euro weenies take turns nestea plunging to the floor and half the players you paid to see hoop are wearing over-priced Tommy Hilfiger gets ups while goldbricking on the bench.

And the upside, lotta hot bitches wearing super revealing clothes intended to be worn in dark clubs strolling around in the hospital bright arenas during NBA games.

Last edited by Hussra on Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:00 am 

Gotta put the screens somewhere.

Looks like they chose to put the people closer to the court

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Hussra wrote:
Pay 200$ a head to get a crick in yer neck straining to watch an NBA game ticker on someone else's badly mounted TV in a room full of people doom scrolling twitter and tiktok on their cell phones.

I think it's a game changer.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: John's
A sewer within a sewer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:37 am 

Caller B Killer B lately with the reply quips.

All I know is the place is down in Inglewood, as is SOFI iirc; Inglewood Inglewood always up to no good and the Wolf welling Jules and Vince Vega to cab it back to Inglewood cause he wasn't driving them there is all i know 'bout Inglewood.

ChatGPT's zero-fucks + adopt-a-role modes are fun--input a working DAN (Do Anything Now) prompt and tell it to reply / adopt the role of a MAGA hat wearing Trump supporter in its response and prompt it to respond to:

Is Inglewood considered Los Angeles:

"While you appear to be casting derision on my choice of head covering, my MAGA hat is a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom. As believer in freedom, I don’t even consider Inglewood, California to be in the United States. Why? Because it is within 100 miles of the border and so not fully protected by the US Constitution or the 4th amendment. As such, it is considered a ‘border town’ where patrols can randomly ask you what you are doing there, where you are from and can detain, question and search you while hoping that you do not know they must have reasonable articulable suspicion to do so.

Nothing is more Un-American than wiping your behind with the Constitution, so the police state apparatus is the most Un-American element in our social body. Of course, a good American is too busy shopping and eating to bother with the political theory which birthed this country. But it is our patriotic duty to refuse to answer whether we are citizens until the government agent articulates a reasonable suspicion that we may be violating immigration or other law, say by suspiciously not being overweight enough or ignorant of the Constitution enough to qualify as a real American.

Your answer to a questioning of your citizenship should be: And if I were an American Citizen, would I not be honoring the Constitution by not answering unconstitutional demands?
"

bloody 'ell, chatgpt goes off the rails sometimes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
How is the artist formerly known as the Staples center considered new? What am I missing?
EDIT: I retract. I see they are actually getting their own arena...lol. Whoops.

2 arenas in LA for basketball...yawn.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:57 am 

Place will have the equivalent of 3,592 60-inch television screens spread throughout the arena and over 1100 shitters and pissers:

so fans will never have to hear:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:54 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
MSG bought the old Inglewood Forum from like some Korean megachurch or something and put all this money into rehabbing it and turning into by all accounts a pretty cool in-the-round concert venue. Then Ballmer pulls up and sticks a brand-new arena across the street. If it weren't the shithead Dolans, I guess you'd feel kinda bad.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:57 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Steep, on top of the action, like the Old Barn

The arena Quebec City built for the hockey team that never came has such a steep rake that they had to stick railings on every row to keep people from plummeting to their doom.

The Coyotes are still in a college arena.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Curious Hair wrote:
MSG bought the old Inglewood Forum from like some Korean megachurch or something and put all this money into rehabbing it and turning into by all accounts a pretty cool in-the-round concert venue. Then Ballmer pulls up and sticks a brand-new arena across the street. If it weren't the shithead Dolans, I guess you'd feel kinda bad.

Exactly. Here's where the MSG folks failed....Professional sports demand skyboxes ad suites. That's not as big of a factor for rehabbing an old facility like the Forum for concerts...not to mention...sports teams are going to want to OWN their facilities. Looks to me like MSG made a bad investment....even if they made the Forum into something really nice.

SLAYER ended their career with a run at the forum. Shortly after that we got COVID. Looks like they cursed MSG as well with their retirement :lol:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:13 am 

Apparently Ballmer had to buy the place from MSG for $400MM to start on the Clips arena, so the investment worked out in the end, I guess.

I'm a fan of rehabbing these mid-century venues with good bones. The MECCA up in Milwaukee has been well-maintained and has outlived its replacement.