It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NBA Tidbits - 10/15
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

**** Introducing NBA Tidbits ****
This will not be an every day feature, but a somewhat consistent feature as we get ready for what should be an exciting NBA season, not only for the Bulls, but for the entire league.

1) Can you guess the starting center to open this season for the Bobcats ? Ryan Hollins is the answer, and Sean May is why. May is out for the season after having knee surgury, and Hollins, a 2nd round pick last season, will have to fill the position with Primoz Brezec not in camp because of a family issue, and Othella Harrington also hurt. Of course, Charlotte could also slide E.Okafor to center and start Walter Hemann at PF until they get more veteran help inside.

2) Here's a breakout candidate - Marvin Williams from Atlanta. He's had some injuries during his 2nd season, but this year all indications are that he could be ready to show why he was drafted so highly.

3) Corey Brewer is having a great camp for the Jazz, and is the likely starting shooting guard opposite of Deron Williams.

4) Antoine Walker is fat and out of shape. For the 3rd time.

5) Tyson Chandler may yet have an offensive game. Hornets coach Byron Scott believes that Chandler will be a double-double guy this season, and Chandler enters the season confident that his offensive game will be greatly improved this season.

6) Detroit big man Jason Maxiell has had a down camp so far - he is expected to be a rebounding force off the bench with A.McDyess now starting, and a key reserve. It's only pre-season, but there are some legitmate concerns as he is 6-7 in height.

7) Jameer Nelson is averaging 15.5 assists and 2.3 turnovers per game so far this pre-season - Steve Nash like.

8) Samuel Dalembert continues to have the injury bug. He won't be playing in upcoming games for the 76ers though they are optimistic he will open the season in the lineup.

9) Nets Center Nenad Krstic hopes to return to the rotation opening night vs the Bulls, but his minutes will be down to start the season as he continues to recover from his torn ACL.

10) Bucks forward Charlie Villianeuva claims he is 100% and ready to play after coming off an injury plagued season. He will be battling for playing time with Yi Jianlian primarily.

11) Lakers center Andrew Bynum enters his 3rd season confident that he will become a consistent scoring force in the paint.

12) Interesing battle for the Rockets at their point guard position between last year's starter Rafer Alston, newly brought back Mike James, and Steve Francis.

13) Luol Deng has been getting minutes at shooting guard with Ben Gordon and Thabo missing time recently.

14) Eddy Curry has returned to practice after missing the last several days for the Knicks because of a shoulder injury.

15) Danny Granger is expected to be the Pacers starting shooting guard.

16) With Steve Blake now in Portland, newly signed Chucky Atkins believes that he could be in a for nice season in Denver's high scoring offense.

17) Ricky Davis enters his contract year in Minnesota not only as possible trade bait, but as the key component on the Wolves roster - he'll have to have great all-around games for the Wolves to be competitive.

18) Speaking of Minnesota, the only expected starters are Randy Foye, Al Jefferson and Ricky Davis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Good call on Brewer and Nelson, i think they will have great years. Im surprised by Maxiell, I thought he looked good against Chicago during the playoffs last season.

To rock my soul

Post subject: Re: NBA Tidbits - 10/15
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:22 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
BD wrote:
11) Lakers center Andrew Bynum enters his 3rd season confident that he will become a consistent scoring force in the paint.

Uh, yeah, about that.....

In regard to Minnesota, I'll be really interested to see how Jefferson does against the PF's in the West...I saw he had a pretty damn good game last night, he could average 20 and 10...makes you think it could have actually been a decent trade for the Wolves had they managed to get that #5 pick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:20 am 
1000 CLUB

Baku wrote:
BD wrote:

Uh, yeah, about that.....

In regard to Minnesota, I'll be really interested to see how Jefferson does against the PF's in the West...I saw he had a pretty damn good game last night, he could average 20 and 10...makes you think it could have actually been a decent trade for the Wolves had they managed to get that #5 pick

Al Jefferson really came on last season for Boston. Minnesota would have made out really well had they gotten that #5 pick to go with Jefferson and Foye.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:21 am 

BD wrote:
**** Introducing NBA Tidbits ****
This will not be an every day feature, but a somewhat consistent feature as we get ready for what should be an exciting NBA season, not only for the Bulls, but for the entire league.

5) Tyson Chandler may yet have an offensive game. Hornets coach Byron Scott believes that Chandler will be a double-double guy this season, and Chandler enters the season confident that his offensive game will be greatly improved this season.

If they try to run their offense through Tyson, Scott will find out that he's got himself a triple-double guy.
Points, Rebounds and Turnovers resulting from dropped passes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:23 am 

BD wrote:

8) Samuel Dalembert continues to have the injury bug. He won't be playing in upcoming games for the 76ers though they are optimistic he will open the season in the lineup.

i wonder who's going to take the foul-out responsibilities.