It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 12:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NBA Tidbits - 10/16
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:19 am 
1000 CLUB

1) Al Thorton is having a good camp so far for the Clipppers - averaging 17 points, eight rebounds and shooting 49% from the field. With Elton Brand out most of the season, he will get lots of playing time as a rookie.

2) Milwaukee will not have a traditional power forward in their lineup - either Yi Jianlian or Charlie Villaneuva are finesse players so rebounding will have to be a team concept for the Bucks this season.

3) Here's some follow-up on Ronnie Brewer - this pre-season, Brewer is averaging 21 points while hitting just under 64 percent from the field. On Saturday, he scored 28 points, including 20 in the 4th quarter.

4) Nazr Mohmmed (calf) remains out for the Pistons - no word on when he will return.

5) Smush Parker is now alternating between the point and shooting guard spots for the Heat.

6) The S.Marion for AK47 deal never happened because Marion was looking for 3 years, 60 million extension to his current deal.

7) Memphis Guard, Juan Carlos Navarro, could emerge as a 6th man of the year candidate. He's got experience from playing overseas and knows how to score.

8) Dallas Shooting Guard is up for grabs - they could play a smaller backcout, go with a defensive precense, or give Stackhouse a shot.

9) Primo Brezec has finally emerged in Bobcats camp, calling his family crisis, "a nightmare"

10) Don't look for any changes in the Spurs starting lineup - meaning Manu Ginobili will continue to fill the 6th man role.

11) Marco Jaric is the veteran in Wolves camp for the battle at point guard - he's competing against Randy Foye and Sebastian Telfair.

12) Peja Stojokovic made his pre-season debut after missing most of last season because of back surgury. He played 4 minutes for the Hornets last night.

13) Kobe Bryant is experiencing knee sorenesss, and it will keep him out of the Lakers next pre-season game.

14) Dallas center Erik Dampier is expected to be out until mid-November.

15) Here's a fantasy sleeper - should the Pacers struggle - Ike Diogu. He's entereing his 3rd season, and is expected to open the season off the bench. He does have good scoring ability though.

16) Expect Baron Davis and Monta Ellis to open the season in the Warriors backcourt. Al Harrington will likely open the season as the 6th man. With a Nelson coached team, expect lots of lineup changes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:27 am 

I knew Thornton was going to be good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:53 am 

tmurf423 wrote:
I knew Thornton was going to be good.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Cause, the NBA preseason is always the best indicator how a players career will develop :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
I try not to pay attention to what someone does in a preseason game because it usually means nothing.

I generally agree with you - I more look for guys who may breakout because they are getting more minutes or a starting position.

Post subject: Re: NBA Tidbits - 10/16
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
BD wrote:
6) The S.Marion for AK47 deal never happened because Marion was looking for 3 years, 60 million extension to his current deal.

Too bad. That deal would've been good for both teams. Kirilenko and Nash were made for each other, and Marion / Boozer would've made a good 1-2 punch. Phoenix will still be in the finals this year though, so it doesn't matter.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

AM570 is reporting that the Lakers and Mavericks are talking major trade -Kobe to Dallas for Josh Howard, Jason Terry, 2 1st rounders.

Most likely, just a stupid rumor, but just thought I'd post it for you guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
BD wrote:
AM570 is reporting that the Lakers and Mavericks are talking major trade -Kobe to Dallas for Josh Howard, Jason Terry, 2 1st rounders.

From what Buss has been saying thats exactly the type of silly offers he cant afford to accept.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:47 pm 

BD wrote:

Not sure that would work because of the Base Year Compensation for Howard. Also, Dallas is already over the cap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

It doesn't qualify as a rumor if it's not even possible. Howard is BYC. There isn't enough salary there for the trade to be valid.

Nas, relax, between Grossman & Kobe you're not going to make it to 30 the way you're carrying on.

Have a beer, watch some bad preseason NBA, and get a hold of yourself.