It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NBA Notes - 10/22
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

- The Celtics look good on paper and in virtual reality. After simulating the entire 2007-08 season, EA Sports NBA Live 08 predicted that the Phoenix Suns will win the championship, defeating the Celtics in seven games. In the virtual Finals, Phoenix point guard Steve Nash proved too tough for the Celtics to contain, averaging 20 points and 11.7 assists and winning MVP honors. For what it's worth, Kevin Garnett led Boston in scoring (25.9 points) and rebounding (11.8) during the regular season. But the game's predictive abilities come into question when you consider that the Celtics knock off the Nets in the Eastern Conference finals in six games. The Bulls, Pistons, and Cavaliers might have something to say about that.

- Allan Houston Ends Comeback Bid "I know what is required of me to be truly effective in the NBA again, and it involves a timing and progression that would not be fair to Isiah [Thomas, coach] and the Knicks right now," Houston said in a statement released by the team. "With the season less than two weeks away, I think it is best for the team to move on without me."

- The Pistons think they got a steal in Rodney Stuckey, the 15th pick last June who is going to see big minutes backing up Billups and Richard Hamilton. Apparently, they're not alone. "I'm not going to say he'll be Kevin Durant, but he could have a big impact," said one scout.

- Jason Kidd's MRI revealed that he does have a strained lower back. He also had an epidural shot to relieve inflammation.

- Washington C Andrew Blatche leads the team in scoring and rebounding, and with Etan Thomas sidelined, he'll get an opportunity to become a regular rotation member this season.

- Devin Harris looks to be the new starting point guard for the Mavericks. Jason Terry is the likely new 6th man and Jerry Stackhouse back to starting shooting guard. This could be flexible depending on how all play in their new roles.

- Adam Morrison's season is in doubt after suffering a knee injury this weekend.

- Sean Williams - a name to watch for the Nets. He could become a much needed inside player to go with Nenad Krstic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:11 pm 

the nets will be better this season as long as they stay healthy, but so will the bulls. The bulls have more depth and that will bode well for them in the marathon run that is the nba season.

Detroit's prob my favorite to have the best record in the East. thier depth in the back court has improved and their chemistry was great before webber got there and it should remain that way with him gone again. expect wallace to have a good year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

UmPhreak wrote:
the nets will be better this season as long as they stay healthy, but so will the bulls. The bulls have more depth and that will bode well for them in the marathon run that is the nba season.

Detroit's prob my favorite to have the best record in the East. thier depth in the back court has improved and their chemistry was great before webber got there and it should remain that way with him gone again. expect wallace to have a good year.

I think the Nets are as good as they are going to get. They have 2 very good players - Jason Kidd and Vince Carter (when he wants to be), and another good player in Richard Jefferson. Nenad Krstic was coming along, and he'll be ready to start the season, but I wonder how long it will take him to get back to the level he was playing at before last season. Kidd's having some back issues - it may just be pre-season, but he is getting older. I think the key to NJ getting better will be Krstic and Sean Williams, their 1st round pick - they need something down low - whether they get scoring down low will be the difference in another .500 season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I really liked the Sean Williams pick at the time, but he hasnt showed much this preseason. That definitely doesnt mean everything, and I still think he will fit in well with that team in the regular season, but it would be nice to see him show a bit more in preseason. If Kidd is hurt I would like to see more of Marcus Williams, I think he can be pretty good, so it'd be nice to see more of him and I dont know if the Nets would really lose that much with him.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:08 am 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
I really liked the Sean Williams pick at the time, but he hasnt showed much this preseason. That definitely doesnt mean everything, and I still think he will fit in well with that team in the regular season, but it would be nice to see him show a bit more in preseason. If Kidd is hurt I would like to see more of Marcus Williams, I think he can be pretty good, so it'd be nice to see more of him and I dont know if the Nets would really lose that much with him.

I believe Marcus Williams is out for the first month or so as well.