It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I cant think of a scenario in which they win a playoff series, even if they were somehow able to draw Houston in the first round.

What's that? Are you trying to imply the Rockets are not a title contender?

Eh, I'd take Denver :lol:

I think if TMac got hurt and didnt play in the series the Rockets would still win. I have absolutely no faith in Denver, and as fun as it is to watch them, I really dislike their team and coach. They need a shakeup pretty bad. Their defense is beyond bad. Carmelo takes way too many possessions off. I think Iverson is starting to slip noticeably at this stage of his career.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I cant think of a scenario in which they win a playoff series, even if they were somehow able to draw Houston in the first round.

I think if TMac got hurt and didnt play in the series the Rockets would still win. I have absolutely no faith in Denver, and as fun as it is to watch them, I really dislike their team and coach. They need a shakeup pretty bad. Their defense is beyond bad. Carmelo takes way too many possessions off. I think Iverson is starting to slip noticeably at this stage of his career.

You think Iverson is slipping defensively? Because the guy is averaging 26.5/7.2. Those are pretty damn good numbers. On 45% shooting. Also I find it funny that in one breath you guys are drooling all over Camby (not that I don't think he's good) then you bemoan their horrible defense. I realize he's not the only player on the court but if you swapped say, Garnett for Camby, would their defense be better?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:27 pm 

Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You think Iverson is slipping defensively? Because the guy is averaging 26.5/7.2. Those are pretty damn good numbers. On 45% shooting. Also I find it funny that in one breath you guys are drooling all over Camby (not that I don't think he's good) then you bemoan their horrible defense. I realize he's not the only player on the court but if you swapped say, Garnett for Camby, would their defense be better?

Iverson --- mostly defensively, but hes not the same offensive player he used to be either. I realize he is still putting up fantastic numbers, but I dont see the impact on the game that I used to.

I love Camby as a basketball player, but I do think they would be slightly better with KG. KG loves to rebound and defend, and so does Camby, but KG plays with alot more intensity and usually has an uncanny way of firing up his teammates(disregarding the last two horrible years in Minny). I think KG would have a huge impact on that team. Camby is every bit as good defensively as KG is I think, I just dont think it spreads to others. K-Mart used to bring alot to the table defensively when he was with the Nets and making those Finals runs, but now hes atrocious. Every once in awhile he will make SportsCenter for an outstanding block, but thats about it.

I think Karl is a terrible coach for this team. I have never been impressed with him as a coach and I think this team needs someone new. If they arent going to shake up the team, dare I say go after Larry Brown to try to bring them to that next level while Iverson still has alot left in the tank?

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:55 am 

HUGE game tonight between the Warriors and Mavs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Bagels wrote:

Oh yeah. I'll be pulling for my Dirkless Mavericks. Unfortunately I think G-State will run Dallas ragged.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:54 am 

Kid Cairo wrote:
Bagels wrote:

Oh yeah. I'll be pulling for my Dirkless Mavericks. Unfortunately I think G-State will run Dallas ragged.

C'mon KC, I thought we had an understanding....No rooting for Dallas

Yes hopefully they will run them ragged although that Spurs game last night wasn't exactly encouraging

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:05 am 

Bagels wrote:

:lol: Yeah, I know Avery sucks and everything - but I still love Kidd, Josh Howard, and Jerry Stackhouse. Unfortunately those guys without Dirk probably aren't a playoff team.

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:06 am 

Kid Cairo wrote:
Bagels wrote:

:lol: Yeah, I know Avery sucks and everything - but I still love Kidd, Josh Howard, and Jerry Stackhouse. Unfortunately those guys without Dirk probably aren't a playoff team.

...and with them they're a playoff team that chokes :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:36 am 

The Spurs are gearing up for the playoffs. I agree with the idea that they will be the toughest out.

Anyone see my boy CP3 choke at the line last night? He made up for it with some terrific defense on the last possession, but that was a rarity.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:45 pm 

Baku may get a laugh out of this, but out of all the games tonight I watched the Knicks/Grizzlies. I was at a buddys house havin a few beers and he insisted it was more important than the Mavs/GS. Crittenton looked very good. He got to the hoop well, was very aggressive, could knock down the 3 and the mid range. He has some serious potential. Then again he was facin the Knicks.

David Lee is the only player on the Knicks I would without a doubt keep. Thats bad.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:37 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Baku may get a laugh out of this, but out of all the games tonight I watched the Knicks/Grizzlies. I was at a buddys house havin a few beers and he insisted it was more important than the Mavs/GS. Crittenton looked very good. He got to the hoop well, was very aggressive, could knock down the 3 and the mid range. He has some serious potential. Then again he was facin the Knicks.

David Lee is the only player on the Knicks I would without a doubt keep. Thats bad.

Yes, the GS/Dal was disappointing

Why were you not watching the Hawks/Raptors? That was an INCREDIBLE game

I actually like the Griz, they need to straighten out some of the logjams, such as that which you mentioned at PG. I really thought they were going to move Lowry at the trade deadline when it seemed his value was high. Now you're auditioning Crittenton, Lowry and Conley. I'll tell you what, I'd rather have Lowry than Larry Hughes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:26 am 

Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I actually like the Griz, they need to straighten out some of the logjams, such as that which you mentioned at PG. I really thought they were going to move Lowry at the trade deadline when it seemed his value was high. Now you're auditioning Crittenton, Lowry and Conley. I'll tell you what, I'd rather have Lowry than Larry Hughes

I forgot to mention my buddy is a Knicks fan. His house, his tv. It was still somewhat entertaining.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:28 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I forgot to mention my buddy is a Knicks fan. His house, his tv. It was still somewhat entertaining.

Well when you come to la casa de Bagels, we'll be watching the Hawks 8) :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:31 am 

Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Any chance they do anything at all against the C's? I dont see them winning a game, but they might steal one in Game 3 or 4.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:32 am 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Any chance they do anything at all against the C's? I dont see them winning a game, but they might steal one in Game 3 or 4.

Celtics will sweep if they are focused. At best, ATL would take one home game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:38 am 

I would be pleased if the Hawks won one game, thrilled if they won two

The thing is, to me they're a dangerous team like the Warriors because they're so inconsistent. It's been a problem throughout the season, but it certainly could happen that Joe Johnson catches fire in a few games and drops 40, and they have someone experienced now in Bibby to run the show. I'm also not by any means saying I'd take Horford over Garnett, but I like Horford to at least be competitive and bang with him

Of course, the Celtics have been playing pretty good defense as of late, they could just totally shut the Hawks down too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:41 am 

Bagels wrote:
I would be pleased if the Hawks won one game, thrilled if they won two

The thing is, to me they're a dangerous team like the Warriors because they're so inconsistent. It's been a problem throughout the season, but it certainly could happen that Joe Johnson catches fire in a few games and drops 40, and they have someone experienced now in Bibby to run the show. I'm also not by any means saying I'd take Horford over Garnett, but I like Horford to at least be competitive and bang with him

Of course, the Celtics have been playing pretty good defense as of late, they could just totally shut the Hawks down too

Im leaning towards shutting them down. The Hawks have alot of talent but Boston's defense has been great this season. Thats why I think they are the favorite to win the title. It all depends on how many close games they have, since they lack a crunch time go to guy, although Sam Cassell will have no problem taking those shots, Im not sure thats the guy you want. Hopefully the Hawks give em a series.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:48 am 
1000 CLUB

With a team like Atlanta, you have to look at this playoff experience as more of a stepping stone. They are going to get blasted by Boston, but that's not the point. The point is they have finally made it back to the playoffs, and have a young team with lots of upside. Now they have a veteran point guard in Bibby, and an all-star in Joe Johnson to go with guys like Horford, Williams and Josh Smith. You have to like this team a lot going forward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:50 am 

BD wrote:
With a team like Atlanta, you have to look at this playoff experience as more of a stepping stone. They are going to get blasted by Boston, but that's not the point. The point is they have finally made it back to the playoffs, and have a young team with lots of upside. Now they have a veteran point guard in Bibby, and an all-star in Joe Johnson to go with guys like Horford, Williams and Josh Smith. You have to like this team a lot going forward.

Exactly right. At this point, no one should expect them to advance past Boston in a series. However the mere experience would be very valuable. The talent is there but the experience is not. In two years with the core of the team still in place, they could be a very dangerous squad in the East.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:52 am 

Kid Cairo wrote:
BD wrote:

Exactly right. At this point, no one would expect them to advance past Boston. However the mere experience would be very valuable. The talent is there but the experience is not. In two years with the core of the team still in place, they could be a very dangerous squad in the East.

I would say could be very valuable. Bulls are a good example of that. They are headed in the right direction but hopefully they arent running in place 2-3 years from now. They sound like a perfect match for Larry Brown. :lol:

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:55 am 

Kid Cairo wrote:
BD wrote:

Exactly right. At this point, no one should expect them to advance past Boston in a series. However the mere experience would be very valuable. The talent is there but the experience is not. In two years with the core of the team still in place, they could be a very dangerous squad in the East.

That's going to be the problem, keeping the team in place. I really do like Josh Smith but I have a feeling he's going to want a big payday and I'm not sure if he's worth near max type money. Josh Childress is also going to want a big deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:57 am 

Sounds like a NBA Playoff get-together might not be a bad idea.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:59 am 
1000 CLUB

Bagels wrote:
Kid Cairo wrote:
BD wrote:

That's going to be the problem, keeping the team in place. I really do like Josh Smith but I have a feeling he's going to want a big payday and I'm not sure if he's worth near max type money. Josh Childress is also going to want a big deal.

Has there been any increase in attendance in Atlanta over the course of the season?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:00 am 

FavreFan wrote:

True. There are probably only 7 NBA fans on this board but I like the sound of that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:04 am 

BD wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Kid Cairo wrote:
BD wrote:

Has there been any increase in attendance in Atlanta over the course of the season?

Not sure, but the crowd was really into it last night. Of course it was a great game, but after Bibby hit the 3 to tie it before the infamous TJ Ford shot, they panned the crowd and it looked like most of the lower section was filled. Which is good, I'm not being sarcastic, most of the time you can see courtside seats that are empty there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:05 am 

Kid Cairo wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

True. There are probably only 7 NBA fans on this board but I like the sound of that.

We can all go out and do a drive-by shooting beforehand too just to get in the spirit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:10 am 

Bagels wrote:
Kid Cairo wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

We can all go out and do a drive-by shooting beforehand too just to get in the spirit

:lol: I'll bring the fried chicken and Kool Aid.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:37 am 

I'll be bringing the St Ides - Everything is mo betta with St Ides

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:21 pm 

John Hollinger wrote:
Nonetheless, late cracks have begun to show. The Rockets are 3-5 since their epic 22-game winning streak ended, with three of the losses by 20 or more. Tracy McGrady is the only Rocket who can reliably create a shot, and the strain is becoming apparent. His shot attempts went from 18.9 a game to 21.7 in a Yao-less March, and his shooting percentage went from 43.2 percent to 40.9 percent. He's not making 3s anymore either, because all his shots out there are off-the-dribble, under-duress tries rather than kick-outs from Yao -- he made just 23.4 percent in March.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:24 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Kid Cairo wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

:lol: I'll bring the fried chicken and Kool Aid.

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
I'll be bringing the St Ides - Everything is mo betta with St Ides

Gotta reprezent, y'all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next