It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:03 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Not to interrupt the tournament action...but Boston sweeps the Texas triangle...incredible

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Bagels wrote:
Not to interrupt the tournament action...but Boston sweeps the Texas triangle...incredible

It really was. Coming from down 22 in San Antonio to win is a hell of an accomplishment, ending a 22 game streak in Houston the next night, and that Dallas game last night was awesome. Dirk brought his A game. I think they went away from Stack too much in the last 90 seconds, he was playing great. Cassell was definitely a great addition for Boston.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:55 am 

Horrible, horrible ending to the Lakers-Warriors game last night

Just really pisses you off when you watch an incredible game that goes into OT and it's decided by one ridiculous call that wasn't even on the ball (cue Tim Donaghy discussion)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:47 am 

Bagels wrote:
Horrible, horrible ending to the Lakers-Warriors game last night

Just really pisses you off when you watch an incredible game that goes into OT and it's decided by one ridiculous call that wasn't even on the ball (cue Tim Donaghy discussion)

One thing Ive been wondering lately... How good is Monta Ellis? This guy seems to have gotten progressively better as the season goes on. He's definitely one of the best SG's in the league but doesnt ever seem to get talked about.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:54 am 

He is incredible. He used to rely on his jumper too much but now it seems like he's really taking it strong to the hole every time and has gotten much more dangerous. He is also finishing better when he does get there. He has to be in the top 5 quickest players in the league.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:58 am 

Bagels wrote:
He is incredible. He used to rely on his jumper too much but now it seems like he's really taking it strong to the hole every time and has gotten much more dangerous. He is also finishing better when he does get there. He has to be in the top 5 quickest players in the league.

I heard one analyst discussing the fact that he might be their best player. I dont think hes better than Baron, actually Im pretty sure hes not right now, but its probably worth the discussion. Is he locked down for a few years right now or does he have a big payday coming up?

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:37 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:

I heard one analyst discussing the fact that he might be their best player. I dont think hes better than Baron, actually Im pretty sure hes not right now, but its probably worth the discussion. Is he locked down for a few years right now or does he have a big payday coming up?

He has a big payday coming up. i could be wrong but I believe he is a restricted FA. So obviously GS is going to match, he could take the 1 year qualifying offer and go for a huge payday after next year

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:41 pm 

That team will give the Lakers fits in the first round, especially without a healthy Bynum. Some of his best games and breakout games this year were against the Warriors.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:47 pm 

There are some matchups that are just really good for some reason. Even when the Warriors sucked with Jamison, HUGHES, etc. their games against the Lakers were always entertaining. I remember the one game when Jamison dropped 50 on them after scoring 50 on the Sonics the night before

That would be a great 1st round matchup for sure. There was a good article on ESPN (think Adande) about how unpredictable the Warriors are and how much that scares other teams. Sure, they might shoot themselves in the foot at times but like Derek Fisher said on Sunday when Jackson drilled that 3 to seal it, he never expected Jackson to take that shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:52 pm 

Bagels wrote:
There are some matchups that are just really good for some reason. Even when the Warriors sucked with Jamison, HUGHES, etc. their games against the Lakers were always entertaining. I remember the one game when Jamison dropped 50 on them after scoring 50 on the Sonics the night before

That would be a great 1st round matchup for sure. There was a good article on ESPN (think Adande) about how unpredictable the Warriors are and how much that scares other teams. Sure, they might shoot themselves in the foot at times but like Derek Fisher said on Sunday when Jackson drilled that 3 to seal it, he never expected Jackson to take that shot.

Didnt Jamison and Kobe drop 50 in the same game?

Yeah that article was by Adande, hes far and away the best NBA writer they have(unless you include Bill Simmons as an NBA writer). Golden State will be great to watch again in the playoffs. They have some fantastic home crowds and BD, Monta, and Jackson are probably the most exciting trio in the league.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:40 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:

Golden State will be great to watch again in the playoffs. They have some fantastic home crowds and BD, Monta, and Jackson are probably the most exciting trio in the league.

after watching gs play the other day i couldnt agree more with you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:57 pm 

I know the regular season is completely different than postseason, but the Celtics absolutely have to be the favorites to win the title.

Anyone see the MVP Chris Paul's game winning assist to David West. Had Lebron on him the whole time and completely set up that whole play. He's pretty damn amazing.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:18 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I know the regular season is completely different than postseason, but the Celtics absolutely have to be the favorites to win the title.

Anyone see the MVP Chris Paul's game winning assist to David West. Had Lebron on him the whole time and completely set up that whole play. He's pretty damn amazing.

theyre a huge suprise that hornets team but its extremely fun to watch. they have the makings of an excellent future along with portland.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:21 pm 

buckeyejake wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

theyre a huge suprise that hornets team but its extremely fun to watch. they have the makings of an excellent future along with portland.

They arent that big of a surprise. They have one of the 3 or 4 best players in the league, along with another all star, one of the best interior big men, one of the best 3 shooters, and one of the best 6th men in the league.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:24 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
buckeyejake wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

They arent that big of a surprise. They have one of the 3 or 4 best players in the league, along with another all star, one of the best interior big men, one of the best 3 shooters, and one of the best 6th men in the league.

yea but i remember many saying that in the west they wont get anywhere. unless im not remebering correctly witch is HIGHLY possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:27 pm 

buckeyejake wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
buckeyejake wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

yea but i remember many saying that in the west they wont get anywhere. unless im not remebering correctly witch is HIGHLY possible.

Many experts are pretty conservative about their expectations for the upcoming season. They dont like to go out on any limbs. Alot of these assholes choose SA vs. DET every year for the Finals. If NO wasnt one of the most injured teams last year they would have definitely made it. They are probably a year or two away, but they are definitely a title contender this year.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:32 pm 

well theres no question. and i dont know if it was you i had the argument with but whomever i told that id take jason kidd over chris paul, id like to take that back watching him the past couple of games. this guy really is the best in the leauge at playing the point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:36 pm 

buckeyejake wrote:
well theres no question. and i dont know if it was you i had the argument with but whomever i told that id take jason kidd over chris paul, id like to take that back watching him the past couple of games. this guy really is the best in the leauge at playing the point.

It might have been me. I've been a staunch supporter of CP3 as the best PG and one of the 3 or 4 best players in the NBA period. Its incredible what he can do. I dont even see how anyone can make a plausible argument for anyone else. Nas tried to for BD, but I didnt see his logic. Bagels/Baku who I think knows the most about the NBA on this board said he would rather have BD right now, not for the future, but I dont understand that either. I just am continually amazed by how damned good CP is.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:40 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
buckeyejake wrote:

It might have been me. I've been a staunch supporter of CP3 as the best PG and one of the 3 or 4 best players in the NBA period. Its incredible what he can do. I dont even see how anyone can make a plausible argument for anyone else. Nas tried to for BD, but I didnt see his logic. Bagels/Baku who I think knows the most about the NBA on this board said he would rather have BD right now, not for the future, but I dont understand that either. I just am continually amazed by how damned good CP is.

yeah. if i was starting a franchise. i think id only take kobe over him, maybe lebron.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:50 pm 

buckeyejake wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
buckeyejake wrote:

yeah. if i was starting a franchise. i think id only take kobe over him, maybe lebron.

If I was starting a franchise today in this order I would take...

1. Lebron
2. Chris Paul
3. Dwight Howard
4. Kobe
5. Al Jefferson

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:48 am 

FavreFan wrote:

Yeah I saw that and yes it was amazing. For someone playing with 2 creaky ankles David West is really playing well last couple games

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:57 am 

Hornets at Celtics tonight. Really looking forward to that, should be a great game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:08 am 

Bagels wrote:
Hornets at Celtics tonight. Really looking forward to that, should be a great game

is that on tv? id like to watch that it should be a great game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:13 am 

buckeyejake wrote:
Bagels wrote:

is that on tv? id like to watch that it should be a great game.

Surprisingly, I don't believe it's on national TV. It doesn't look like ESPN has any games at all tonight. Perhaps they have NIT games or don't want to compete with the NCAA tourney

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:52 am 

I really hope Golden State isnt the staying home from the dance. The Mavs and Nuggets will lose in 5 games to any team above them in the playoffs. The Nuggets 2nd half against the Suns was absolutely pathetic. They have way too much offensive talent and play abysmal defense. If Dirk gets back 100% healthy, which Im doubtful of, the Mavs might be able to make an entertaining series but thats about it. Nobody wants to face Baron in the playoffs.

Amare Stoudemire is an absolute beast right now. I actually feel he has had as much an impact on Shaq as vice versa. If the Suns get out of the West, I think it will be on his back. With Shaq able to guard Duncan, Amare can still get his 30/15 without giving it back on the other end.

I was watching NBA Fastbreak tonight, Mashburn and Jalen Rose are pretty good analysts. I like the informal way they breakdown the players and games and are a pretty entertaining pair.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:28 am 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
I really hope Golden State isnt the staying home from the dance. The Mavs and Nuggets will lose in 5 games to any team above them in the playoffs. The Nuggets 2nd half against the Suns was absolutely pathetic. They have way too much offensive talent and play abysmal defense. If Dirk gets back 100% healthy, which Im doubtful of, the Mavs might be able to make an entertaining series but thats about it. Nobody wants to face Baron in the playoffs.

Amare Stoudemire is an absolute beast right now. I actually feel he has had as much an impact on Shaq as vice versa. If the Suns get out of the West, I think it will be on his back. With Shaq able to guard Duncan, Amare can still get his 30/15 without giving it back on the other end.

I was watching NBA Fastbreak tonight, Mashburn and Jalen Rose are pretty good analysts. I like the informal way they breakdown the players and games and are a pretty entertaining pair.

Watched the Suns/Nuggets last night. Neither teams plays much defense, but Denver played none in that 2nd half. Their offense also went South in the 2nd half last night as well. Denver, with all it's talent, just has too many lapses. You can't blow a 22 point lead when you're fighting for a playoff spot.

I still hope Denver and GS make the playoffs, but GS is the one team I defintely want in. They are another team that can score 60 points in a half attacking the basket, and hitting 3's, but then will come out in the 3rd quarter, and play a half-court game, forgetting how they scored all these points. Still, as you mentioned, they have Baron Davis.

I could live with Dallas making the playoffs, even with Dirk out, because they still have Howard, Terry, and Kidd, enough to be a great 8th seed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:47 am 

I hear your concerns about Denver and I certainly share them, however I feel Dallas is going to be the odd team out for some reason. They seem to have the toughest remaining schedule out of the 3 as well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:24 am 
1000 CLUB

Bagels wrote:
I hear your concerns about Denver and I certainly share them, however I feel Dallas is going to be the odd team out for some reason. They seem to have the toughest remaining schedule out of the 3 as well

That would be fine with me. I do prefer Denver and GS to get the last spots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:40 am 

Bagels wrote:

I agree, I think Dallas will be the odd team out, I just think Denver has the lowest ceiling of the 3. I cant think of a scenario in which they win a playoff series, even if they were somehow able to draw Houston in the first round.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:15 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I cant think of a scenario in which they win a playoff series, even if they were somehow able to draw Houston in the first round.

What's that? Are you trying to imply the Rockets are not a title contender?

Eh, I'd take Denver :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next