It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Phoenix at San Antonio tonight. Must see TV for NBA nuts. This "rivalry" has been getting good lately, its obvious Shaq loves playing the Spurs. Should be a great game.

Im debating whether or not to even watch the Wiz and Celtics. I still havent caught a Wizards game with Arenas back, and they could be the darkhorse in the East(although doubtful), but Im not sure how much competition the C's will put up with home court locked up.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Yes, looking forward to that as well as the huge Nuggets-Warriors matchup tomorrow. It's all on the line

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:23 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Yes, looking forward to that as well as the huge Nuggets-Warriors matchup tomorrow. It's all on the line

Yeah tomorrows game will be HUGE. Im expecting a 155-145 Golden State win, in regulation.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:29 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:

Yeah tomorrows game will be HUGE. Im expecting a 155-145 Golden State win, in regulation.

:lol:

I was pissed I fell asleep last night and missed the end of the Warriors-Kings game, that was a nice high scoring game too.

It's rough being a fan of a west coast team while having to wake up for work at 4:30 in the morning

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:32 pm 

Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:

:lol:

I was pissed I fell asleep last night and missed the end of the Warriors-Kings game, that was a nice high scoring game too.

It's rough being a fan of a west coast team while having to wake up for work at 4:30 in the morning

Ouch, yeah thats gotta be especially rough this year. There's AT LEAST 3 great games on a week, usually more. The caliber of basketball being played at the top of the West is ridiculous. I still cant wait till the NBA Finals and potentially a Boston/Western Champ Finals. That definitely has the potential to be the best Finals probably in over a decade. The 2004 Finals were competitive, but kinda brutal to watch at points.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:43 pm 

You know, I was just thinking

Maybe this will smoke Nas out of wherever he's hiding

I remember the headline when the Cavs made the trade for Big Ben and Wally World (should go in the great nickname thread actually) on ESPN.com, saying LeBron finally got some help that he's always wanted

I wonder how he feels about that now

While I think the Bulls got the better end of the deal, I also don't think it really hurt the Cavs that much to lose Hughes and Gooden. But at the same time, I think it was far from a true "help" to LeBron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:55 pm 

Bagels wrote:
You know, I was just thinking

Maybe this will smoke Nas out of wherever he's hiding

I remember the headline when the Cavs made the trade for Big Ben and Wally World (should go in the great nickname thread actually) on ESPN.com, saying LeBron finally got some help that he's always wanted

I wonder how he feels about that now

While I think the Bulls got the better end of the deal, I also don't think it really hurt the Cavs that much to lose Hughes and Gooden. But at the same time, I think it was far from a true "help" to LeBron

Yeah my feelings havent changed on the deal from the Bulls end. I think it helped to get rid of Ben Wallace, and thats about it. I thought the Cavs would be a little better than they have been though. Still gonna be a tough out in the playoffs.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:59 pm 

Ric Bucher is a horrible sideline reporter. Everything about that is annoying.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Ric Bucher is a horrible sideline reporter. Everything about that is annoying.

You don't like his slick hair cut ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:32 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Phoenix at San Antonio tonight. Must see TV for NBA nuts. This "rivalry" has been getting good lately, its obvious Shaq loves playing the Spurs. Should be a great game.

Im debating whether or not to even watch the Wiz and Celtics. I still havent caught a Wizards game with Arenas back, and they could be the darkhorse in the East(although doubtful), but Im not sure how much competition the C's will put up with home court locked up.

YES!!! We get Hubie Brown! I love that guy!

Are you being serious? It's kind of embarrassing, but I like him too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:38 am 

FavreFan wrote:

Wow, Spurs are really struggling offensively. Just can't make a shot

I just hope these 2 teams don't matchup in the 1st round, I'd rather see it as a semi or conf. finals

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:05 pm 

I wish the NBA did flex scheduling like the NFL where they will switch the game times around an hour or two if need be to get the best possible matchups on TV and not on at the same time. Utah/Dallas would be much more intriguing than LA/LA. I still dont understand how Utah can be so good at home and so terrible on the road.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Meanwhile, GS and Denver are having a hell of a game. This is basically the 8th spot in the West on the line. Despite being a 'Melo hater, I'm really pulling for Denver only because I love A.I.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:47 pm 

Miguel Kid Cairo wrote:
Meanwhile, GS and Denver are having a hell of a game. This is basically the 8th spot in the West on the line. Despite being a 'Melo hater, I'm really pulling for Denver only because I love A.I.

Besides the FT's Iverson took care of business in the 4th. Great performance. Monta Ellis is awesome.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:27 am 

:cry:

It's all but over now, barring a huge Denver collapse

Anyway, back over to the ATL to root for the Hawks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:49 am 

Yep, now that the playoff picture is sorta starting to take shape, I cant wait. A little over a week till the start, Im even excited for the East playoffs. A Magic/Sixers series could be pretty interesting.

I also thought Kenny Smith made a good point yesterday about the West. He was saying that if you are only 2, 3, 4 games ahead of someone in the standings by now, you really arent definitively better than them, and thats why the West is so wide open and anyone could come out of it.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:17 am 

Right...I've already heard a few people mention how the #8 seed could upset the #1

I'm with you (and Kenny I guess) in that all 8 teams (save Denver maybe, and Houston for sure :wink: ) are on pretty much equal footing

Even if for some reason Lakers were #1 seed and Denver beat them, I would consider it an upset I suppose, but not at all on the level of the Denver-Seattle upset or even the Warriors-Mavs last year

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:59 am 

Bagels wrote:
Right...I've already heard a few people mention how the #8 seed could upset the #1

I'm with you (and Kenny I guess) in that all 8 teams (save Denver maybe, and Houston for sure :wink: ) are on pretty much equal footing

Even if for some reason Lakers were #1 seed and Denver beat them, I would consider it an upset I suppose, but not at all on the level of the Denver-Seattle upset or even the Warriors-Mavs last year

I dont know, Im done trying to figure Denver out. They are one of the oddest teams in the league. I wouldnt be surprised if they lost the next 3 and didnt make it, or if they gave the Hornets a great series. I still would be very surprised if they won a series, I just dont see them being able to contain any premiere perimeter players such as Chris Paul for a 7 game series. I still think Houston will be more competitive in their series then Denver, but those two teams seem to have the lowest ceiling of the Western teams.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:09 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:

I dont know, Im done trying to figure Denver out. They are one of the oddest teams in the league. I wouldnt be surprised if they lost the next 3 and didnt make it, or if they gave the Hornets a great series. I still would be very surprised if they won a series, I just dont see them being able to contain any premiere perimeter players such as Chris Paul for a 7 game series. I still think Houston will be more competitive in their series then Denver, but those two teams seem to have the lowest ceiling of the Western teams.

But kind of in the same vein as GS, they have those EXTREMELY streaky shooters, like JR Smith, who could easily score 2 points or just as easily drop 8 or 9 3 pointers and score 30+

I think if I were the opposition that's the kind of thing that would terrify me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:14 am 

Yeah, and thats why I think they can push a team to the brink, possibly a game 7, but their backcourt is atrocious defensively and I dont think they can get enough offense to win a 7 game series, especially considering that many of the West teams are very flexible and can play any style they want depending on matchups.

I can definitely see JR going off in a game or two and single handedly swinging the game to Denver, but any top guard they face will destroy them, and Chris Paul will be able to slow the game down and methodically beat them in the half court, I could see Peja having a HUGE series considering Denver's perimeter defense.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:54 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Monta Ellis is awesome.

Monta Ellis is the real deal. That kid will be an All Star next year, no doubt. I can see him as the type of player you build a team around. It's funny because he didn't come out of high school with a lot of hype like LeBron or Kobe. But he's busting his ass to make himself into a franchise guy. He'll be a top 5 player in three years.

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:11 am 

I dont know, I wouldnt rule out top 5, but that would be pretty high. I do agree that he has unlimited potential and could be someone to build a franchise around. Baku mentioned earlier that he has improved alot by taking advantage of his speed and getting to the hoop more, which I agree with, but I still think he can do a better job of it. He has developed a really nice shot, but I think he can definitely go through extended periods where he settles for that though. I also think he deferred to Jackson and Baron too much at the beginning of the season, though thats certainly understandable.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:22 am 

I'll preface this by saying I like Ellis's game as well. His only limitation is his size. He's only 6'3" and maybe 170 lbs. I know Iverson is small also and has a similar take it to the hoop type game, but if Ellis continues this style into next year, we will see how durable he is. A little man who constantly takes it to the hole will get his share of nicks and shoulder separations. One other area he should improve upon is his FT%. Right now he's shooting 76% which is ok, but if he could get above 80% he would get another 1 point a game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:30 am 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
A little man who constantly takes it to the hole will get his share of nicks and shoulder separations.

My current favorite player D-Wade is learning that the hard way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:52 am 

A player's game will evolve over time and they will know when to drive and when to take the jumper. Guys like Kobe and MJ have perfected it. They also have size to post up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:20 pm 

And some have accused me of hyperbole in regards to Paul, from Bill Simmons MVP article

Quote:
Of course, his résumé goes a little deeper. The most talented 6-foot-and-under player ever (sorry, Isiah), he just submitted the greatest all-around season of any point guard since Oscar Robertson (including a scintillating 22-13-4 with 50-82-41 percentages after the All-Star break) and played the position with particular style (nobody converted more alley-oop passes with a high degree of difficulty).

Yeah.... I love Chris Paul, but he's not better than Isiah yet, not even close.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:03 pm 

Hey I haven't read anything, what's Bynum's status for the playoffs? To quote Heidi Klum, is he in or out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:12 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Hey I haven't read anything, what's Bynum's status for the playoffs? To quote Heidi Klum, is he in or out?

I havent heard yet. He was originally gonna be back March 12th. Then I think I heard April 4th. Since then Im not sure. Im preparing my predictions with the idea he wont be of much use to them.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:52 pm 

Watching the Hornets/Mavs game tonight, I cant imagine this will be an even series if its the 2-7 matchup for New Orleans. Kidd knows how to play in April and May.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:48 pm 

Enjoying the last games of the season, can't wait for the official playoff matchups tomorrow

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next