It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:40 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
FavreFan wrote:
trickybeck wrote:
Baku wrote:
Chris Paul just schooled Kidd...of course it's his first game with Dallas, but Paul was incredible...5 steals in the first quarter

Sweet buddha...
31 pts, 11 ast, 9 stl, 5 reb, and only 1 turnover

Yeah theres so many PG's better than him :roll:

Well, Baron did hit a shot at the buzzer.... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:22 am 
1000 CLUB

Baku wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
trickybeck wrote:
Baku wrote:
Chris Paul just schooled Kidd...of course it's his first game with Dallas, but Paul was incredible...5 steals in the first quarter

Sweet buddha...
31 pts, 11 ast, 9 stl, 5 reb, and only 1 turnover

Yeah theres so many PG's better than him :roll:

Well, Baron did hit a shot at the buzzer.... :lol:

Watched that happen live last night. Was hoping for OT, but that was very good pull-up by Davis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boston/Cleveland and Phoenix/New Orleans should be good tonight. I'll be interesting to see the new cast matchup against the C's. Im also wondering if Phoenix will keep not running as much, which feeds directly into NO's style. Phoenix cant beat them in a halfcourt game.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:10 pm 

Anybody know places to get NBA merchandise besides NBA store?

I wanted to get a shirt like this of Al Horford or Marvin Williams

http://store.nba.com/product/index.jsp? ... age=family

But I'm guessing if NBA store doesn't have it, it doesn't exist

Not that I dislike Joe Johnson or anything....

Don't really want a jersey, i have a ton from the 90's and never wear them. Anyone want a Donyell Marshall T-Wolves jersey? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:11 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boston/Cleveland and Phoenix/New Orleans should be good tonight. I'll be interesting to see the new cast matchup against the C's. Im also wondering if Phoenix will keep not running as much, which feeds directly into NO's style. Phoenix cant beat them in a halfcourt game.

Yeah those should be great games. Looking forward to them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:21 pm 

Paul and the Hornets dominate the Suns tonight. Paul's line: 25 points, 15 asts, 6 rebs, 3 stls, 1 turnover

Nash's line: 6 points, 13 asts, 0 rebs, 0 stls, 4 turnovers.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
With the way the Suns have looked after the Shaq trade, so far I'm starting to wonder about the move.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Great game tonight between Detroit and Utah. Detroit built up a big 15 or so point lead, but Utah really turned it up late, and ended up winning by 8...Okur with a couple of big 3's down the stretch. Quality basketball.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

BD wrote:
Great game tonight between Detroit and Utah. Detroit built up a big 15 or so point lead, but Utah really turned it up late, and ended up winning by 8...Okur with a couple of big 3's down the stretch. Quality basketball.

Wow. It looked like the Pistons are cruising.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:20 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Paul and the Hornets dominate the Suns tonight. Paul's line: 25 points, 15 asts, 6 rebs, 3 stls, 1 turnover

Nash's line: 6 points, 13 asts, 0 rebs, 0 stls, 4 turnovers.

Looking at the box score, I'm surprised Peja had only a decent game...seemed like when I was watching it he was hitting on all cylinders

Looked at some of the Celtics-Cavs game, seemed like the Celtics overwhelmed them at first and I kind of lost interest, but good on the Cavs for making a game of it in the 4th quarter

Watching some of the Hawks-Kings game, Kevin Martin looked totally lost. What the hell happened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:27 pm 

i can't believe the sixers are in playoff contention...8-2 in their last 10?

weeeiiirddd...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

W_Z wrote:
i can't believe the sixers are in playoff contention...8-2 in their last 10?

weeeiiirddd...

I think they did the same thing last year where they got back into things with a pretty good 2nd half.

Dalembert's play of late hasn't been great, but he does put up decent rebounding numbers, Iguodala is a good young player, and Miller is just a veteran point guard who seems to be a good fit for a younger team....They also have a bunch of athletic younger players as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:56 pm 

Plus, the 76ers defense has stifling of late.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:00 pm 

Let the healing process from the Billy King Era begin!

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:08 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Let the healing process from the Billy King Era begin!

I was toasting his departure. He had nothing left.

I'm glad to see the kids play, but Iggy still needs some help.

Dalembert is a foul machine as well as a rebounding machine, but I can't argue that he's averaging a double double...he is an asset.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:08 pm 

What a great game in San Antonio tonight. Dallas is 10x funner to watch with Kidd, and I think theres no question that even though they have the reigning MVP and hes only been there 4 games that he is their leader on the court. Tim Duncan is also playing more inspired in a regular season game then I have seen in a long time.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
What a great game in San Antonio tonight. Dallas is 10x funner to watch with Kidd, and I think theres no question that even though they have the reigning MVP and hes only been there 4 games that he is their leader on the court. Tim Duncan is also playing more inspired in a regular season game then I have seen in a long time.

Great game...Lead has gone back and forth the entire night.

In regards to Dallas, I'm surprised with the players they have, specifically Kidd, Terry, Howard and Dirk, that they don't run more than they do. They are more uptempo than they were previously without Kidd, but I wonder if they will become a faster team....

Dallas seems to have SA's number to some extent. Not sure if they win the game tonight, but they don't back down against them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:40 pm 

Brandon Bass has shown a huge set of cahones tonight

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:46 pm 

Wow.... perfect defense by Bowen on that last play. Even Mr. Belvidere would have to appreciate that if he loves "pure basketball."

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:09 am 

Very disappointing that Dallas couldn't get a shot off in the last 30 seconds. Did Kidd foul out? Why was he sitting with under a minute left?

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:27 am 

Kid Cairo wrote:
Very disappointing that Dallas couldn't get a shot off in the last 30 seconds. Did Kidd foul out? Why was he sitting with under a minute left?

Because Avery Johnson is an idiot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:55 pm 

Celtics-Pistons, round 3. Tonight

I expect you all will be watching, especially you FF!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:32 pm 

King James with 50-10-8 tonight, just sick. This is a 2 man race for MVP, and my vote is for the King with all the garbage around him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:51 pm 

41 point 4th quarter for the Jazz, to come back and beat the Suns. Damn the Suns have struggled since getting Shaq.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:30 am 

schmitty1121 wrote:
41 point 4th quarter for the Jazz, to come back and beat the Suns. Damn the Suns have struggled since getting Shaq.

While I agree, look at the way Deron Williams outplayed Nash

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:35 am 

48 for K Martin last night!

22 of 24 FT.

Of course, they still did lose to the Wolves......

By the way, don't know how many of you get NBA TV, but I usually watch their recap show since it's more thorough than ESPN news and I had it on this morning and their fantasy show came on afterward. The host (Rick Kamla, tool) is from MIN, and a caller from MN called in and they were both initially excited the Wolves got a win. Then the caller said he hadnt been following them since Eddie Griffin dies and that really disappointed him. Then Kamla got real pissy and said that since it was live TV they couldn't edit it, but that it wasn't cool...I have no idea why he was so pissed off, didn't seem like the guy said anything that offensive.

Plus, they had an EXTREMELY uncomfortable segment with Peter Vescey and Roy Johnson where Kamla was discussing current players who might make the HOF. While I agree with Vescey's general tone that it's ridiculous to project 2 or 3 year players that might make the HOF, he was really being an asshole and not going along with the segment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Any leauge that has employed the likes of Geroge Murasan, Manute Bol and has movies made around it with actors like Lil Bow Wow and Whoopi Goldberg is A-Ok in my book.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:24 pm 

I kinda wish that Spurs-Hornets game was a little more competitive last night. The energy in that building was crazy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:29 pm 

J.A. Adande wrote:
My editor sent down a list of games for me to cover, and that March 21 Rockets-Warriors assignment didn't bother me at all. Yes, I know the significance of the date. It's the first Friday of the NCAA tournament. One of the best days on the sports-viewing calendar. When I bought my comfy leather theater seats, I envisioned this day, the hours I would spend staring at the screen. Only this time, I don't mind missing that sport's holy day one bit.

I'm not as excited about the road to the Final Four as I am about the final eight weeks of the NBA regular season. This year the pro game doesn't just offer better players, it offers better games and better story lines.

As soon as Tennessee ended Memphis' quest for an undefeated season, this year's festivities became Just Another Tournament. We won't get a chance to see perfection. There's no fully loaded Florida, Duke or UNLV going for a repeat. There are no truly great teams that will be remembered by anyone but their fans a few years from now.

In the NBA, the Rockets are working on the league's longest winning streak since 1972. The Lakers are trying to lay the foundation for a new dynasty. The Spurs are trying to put a cap on theirs. The Celtics are trying to do their banners proud. LeBron James is walking across the bridge from potential to reality.

For a change, none of these stories can simply wait until the playoffs. There's too much on the line right now, when seeds can be gained or lost, pathways determined. All you need to know about the importance of this month is that Kobe Bryant would rather play with an out-of-whack finger than get surgery and miss any of these games.

Not that there's anything wrong with the tournament. I love filling out my brackets. I even love it when they get shredded by an out-of-the-blue upset. I love getting off a plane in March and seeing people crowd around the airport bar TV sets, with the sound of high-tops squeaking on the court coming from the speakers. But my first love is the game of basketball, and it's being played at a much higher level in the NBA.

Instead of watching Derrick Rose and imagining how good a point guard he might be, I'd rather witness the mastery of the position demonstrated by Chris Paul and Deron Williams right now. Michael Beasley can be. Tim Duncan is.

Ultimately it comes down to this: The pros make shots. As intense and competitive as that Memphis-Tennessee game was, neither team shot 40 percent.

Normally the tournament compensates for the talent gap with extra passion. Win or else your season and/or career comes to an end. But in this season's NBA, in which no team's playoff seeding is assured, there's something to be gained or lost every night. Add stakes to skills and you get phenomenal ball. Seeing a college kid dive for old U is one thing. Seeing Shaq hurdle seats because he wants one last ring for his collection is something beyond. For every day of the tournament until the championship game gets that Monday night to itself, I can point you to an NBA game that could make for better viewing. (Read the table on the right to see what I mean.)

There's no guarantee that all of these matchups will turn out to be great.

But the pro games I promise you won't be subjected to:

• Obsessive coaches hogging the attention, forcing their players to stick with systems while mismatches scream to be exploited. This drives me crazy. I almost want to smuggle some Detroit Pistons game DVDs to the kids just to show them it's OK to break from the offense to take advantage of a weak defender.

• Excessive use of the word "Cinderella." It comes up in the NBA, just not as often. Google search hits for "George Mason Cinderella": 355,000. Google search hits for "Golden State Warriors Cinderella": 70,000. And I dare any writer to go up to Stephen Jackson and compare him to a fairy-tale princess.

• Any of that Duke floor-slapping stuff. Although I have to say, the most satisfying college basketball moment I've seen in a while came during Saturday's Duke-North Carolina game, shortly after Greg Paulus did a floor slap. Danny Green threw down a Lipton's special dunk on him that said, "Slap this." That was so next level. I hit the rewind button on my DVR so much I nearly drained the battery. That enriched my life immensely. Thank you, Mr. Green.

The problem with the NCAA tournament is that it doesn't deliver Duke vs. North Carolina. The committee is required to spread conference teams as far as possible, to put off a potential meeting until the later rounds -- so we get a bunch of matchups with no history. Because the players turn over so often and the scheduling is inconsistent, it's hard to develop good national rivalries in college hoops.

The NBA loads up on the conference and divisional matchups as the schedule winds down. This season promises to be a slugfest all the way through.

Sure, I'll be watching the NCAAs during the off hours. But when NBA duty calls, I won't feel I'm missing out. I'll be where the real action is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:12 pm 

He said that better than I ever could.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next