It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 866 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bucks SOLID
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Bucks over .500 and the Greek Freak is going to be in the dunk contest. Better than the usual headlines
for the local team. Also as Hawg mentioned, they are making plans to replace the Bradley Center which
could really be nice if they end up doing it correctly. I'll believe it when I see them actually break ground.

If they do what they are talking about doing, downtown could interest me again. I agree we shall see, especially up here.

Yeah, they have been wanting a new arena for a long time. This plan looks more promising than in the past but
I'm not sure how much effort will put towards it if and when he tosses his hat in the ring for President.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:29 am 

Where are they talking about building the new arena?

My thoughts would be to keep it in that same area. It doesn't make much sense to have two arenas right next door to each other. Tear one down, and build the stadium there. The Bucks and other tenants can play in the other arena when construction is going on.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:30 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Bucks over .500 and the Greek Freak is going to be in the dunk contest. Better than the usual headlines
for the local team. Also as Hawg mentioned, they are making plans to replace the Bradley Center which
could really be nice if they end up doing it correctly. I'll believe it when I see them actually break ground.

If they do what they are talking about doing, downtown could interest me again. I agree we shall see, especially up here.

Yeah, they have been wanting a new arena for a long time. This plan looks more promising than in the past but
I'm not sure how much effort will put towards it if and when he tosses his hat in the ring for President.

It will be all done by then though, either a decision will be made or they are gone. They have to be in the arena to start the 2017 season, better get their asses moving.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:43 pm 

Really a fun to team to watch play, I have watched more games this year than I ever would have imagined.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Douchebag wrote:
Where are they talking about building the new arena?

My thoughts would be to keep it in that same area. It doesn't make much sense to have two arenas right next door to each other. Tear one down, and build the stadium there. The Bucks and other tenants can play in the other arena when construction is going on.

I believe it is going to be in the same relative area a few blocks north.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:30 pm 

NBA guru's (not Long Time Guy :wink: ), what do you think of the Bucks trade. I know they had tried to sign Knight and he refused, I think they made a damn good trade getting young players under control.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:37 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
NBA guru's (not Long Time Guy :wink: ), what do you think of the Bucks trade. I know they had tried to sign Knight and he refused, I think they made a damn good trade getting young players under control.

What trade?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:39 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:

I will go down in history as the man who knew too much. One thing that I'm am positively certain of is that very few that subscribe here are all that interested in scintillating Bucks basketball discussion. Marshmelo Anthony draws far more interest

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:41 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

What trade?

:|

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:42 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

What trade?

I'm serious.

ESPN has nothing on their page about it. Lots of other deals happening though. Fill us in, Hawger.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Douchebag wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

What trade?

I'm serious.

ESPN has nothing on their page about it. Lots of other deals happening though. Fill us in, Hawger.

Brandon Knight for Michael Carter Williams. Plus a bunch of other shit thrown in with other teams and picks.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:43 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

What trade?

I'm serious.

Knight traded to Phoenix for Michael Carter-Williams, Ennis and one of the Plumlee brothers.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:44 pm 

That downgrades the Bucks for this season. They had a nice thing going, I wonder why they would dump Knight. He's a RFA, right? Wouldn't they just match whatever he got on the open market?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:44 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

I will go down in history as the man who knew too much. One thing that I'm am positively certain of is that very few that subscribe here are all that interested in scintillating Bucks basketball discussion. Marshmelo Anthony draws far more interest

Should have taken the :wink: out of it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:48 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Unaware of the trade. If it went down I guess that would be a reason to talk scintillating Bucks ball. For about 15 min. Knight was having a decent season as was the team.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:53 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Unaware of the trade. If it went down I guess that would be a reason to talk scintillating Bucks ball. For about 15 min. Knight was having a decent season as was the team.

So you think with losing him, they won't any longer?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:21 pm 

So you think with losing him, they won't any longer?[/quote]

No actually they look as though they are built to last. Greek freak is a better player than first thought. I'm interested in seeing if he and Parker can play together. They are both threes. Though may try Parker at the four. Knight was working out for them and Kidd is showing that he can coach. They have pieces to build upon.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:26 pm 

long time guy wrote:

No actually they look as though they are built to last. Greek freak is a better player than first thought. I'm interested in seeing if he and Parker can play together. They are both threes. Though may try Parker at the four. Knight was working out for them and Kidd is showing that he can coach. They have pieces to build upon.[/quote]
Not sure Kidd was sold on Knight being the point guard he was looking for and like I said, they offered him a contract and he was about to become a restricted free agent, not sure they wanted to pony up the money for him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:31 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
long time guy wrote:

No actually they look as though they are built to last. Greek freak is a better player than first thought. I'm interested in seeing if he and Parker can play together. They are both threes. Though may try Parker at the four. Knight was working out for them and Kidd is showing that he can coach. They have pieces to build upon.

Not sure Kidd was sold on Knight being the point guard he was looking for and like I said, they offered him a contract and he was about to become a restricted free agent, not sure they wanted to pony up the money for him.[/quote]

I'm not a Knight fan either but he was having a good season. He actually received some consideration for All Star. I think his numbers were somewhat skewed by the fact that Kidd ran the offense through him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Hawg Ass wrote:

I really don't understand why the 76ers made this trade but IMO this trade really helps the Bucks short term and long term.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:47 pm 

Nas wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

I really don't understand why the 76ers made this trade but IMO this trade really helps the Bucks short term and long term.

Agreed, I am trying to find a reason to not like the trade, I can't.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Team chemistry would be the only issue.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:50 pm 

Nas wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Team chemistry would be the only issue.

Yep

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:46 pm 

Brandon Knight > MCW

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:59 pm 
100000 CLUB

I don't think so. Contract plays a role too.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:31 am 

Nas wrote:

Huge role, the thought is Knight is getting 60 million for 4 years, I am glad to know they are not paying him that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:24 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:

Huge role, the thought is Knight is getting 60 million for 4 years, I am glad to know they are not paying him that.

The same thing will happen when MCW becomes a restricted free agent, and I don't think he has as much talent as Knight. MCW will probably cost even more due to the huge looming increase in the salary cap.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:27 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:

The same thing will happen when MCW becomes a restricted free agent, and I don't think he has as much talent as Knight. MCW will probably cost even more due to the huge looming increase in the salary cap.

Don't have to worry about that for a couple of years and the Bucks have zero long term contracts on the books right now, well once Sanders bullshit is announced.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:30 am 
100000 CLUB

Kidd love MCW too.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:33 am 

Nas wrote:
Kidd love MCW too.

I think he his more of a natural point guard than Knight, and I liked Knight but I just can't see paying him that kind of money if that is what it was going to take.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 866 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next