It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 866 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bucks SOLID
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:03 am 

I might be making the trek up to the Bradley Center on Saturday to see the Bucks Vs. Bulls. Anyone else going? Hawg, can I borrow your Jack Sikma jersey?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:35 am 

Douchebag wrote:
I might be making the trek up to the Bradley Center on Saturday to see the Bucks Vs. Bulls. Anyone else going? Hawg, can I borrow your Jack Sikma jersey?

even better: i found just the thing for your trip

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Game-Used-Memor ... 6.c0.m1538

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:49 am 

Douchebag wrote:

Will Paul Mokeski work, it comes with cocaine.

If you do come up, let me know I would meet for a beer before the game somewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:49 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

even better: i found just the thing for your trip

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Game-Used-Memor ... 6.c0.m1538

Do they have a Brad Lohaus on there?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:33 pm 

Hey Keeping Score, you going to the game on Saturday? You can even bring Carrie if you want.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:13 pm 

This Saturday was my first trip to the Bradley Center. Good god, that place is a shit-hole. This team will never go anywhere unless they can get a new arena up there. No big name player would ever sign there, and guys like Jennings will bolt at their first opportunity. The city was nice enough, just very tiny. The crowd was probably 90% Bulls fans, and the game was over within 5 minutes.

Next year we need to get a few bored members out there for a game. There's usually a guaranteed Bulls Saturday night game in Milwaukee every season. I'm sure these kind of games are great for the city because it gets people in the hotels and out on the town. CSFMB outing? Get this thing organized Hawger.

Yes, I stopped at Mars cheese castle on the way.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:16 pm 

It is a shit hole of an arena. It was actually built for hockey and the NHL never came a calling. I would be happy at looking to put something like this together next year.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I'm actually thinking of going to that Wednesday night game on 3/7.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:27 pm 

spmack wrote:
I'm actually thinking of going to that Wednesday night game on 3/7.

Really, let me know. I have nothing going on that night, and would enjoy it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:23 am 

Quote:
Bucks' Stephen Jackson unsure of role

MILWAUKEE -- After spending most of last week sitting on the bench, Stephen Jackson isn't sure where he stands with the Milwaukee Bucks.

Jackson has played just over nine minutes total the past five games. He sat out one game because of an NBA suspension for verbally abusing an official and Bucks coach Scott Skiles benched him for three others.

Jackson says he'll stay ready to play whenever his name is called.

"I'm supporting my teammates the way that I've always been," Jackson said Monday. "I'm going to respect the coaches, I'm going to respect everybody around. But at the end of the day, everybody knows I want to play. That's not a secret."

Jackson wouldn't say if he had requested a trade.

The Bucks signed the veteran as a free agent in the offseason, hoping he could provide some offense. Jackson was a regular starter for the Bucks until he missed a team shootaround in New York last month and was benched for one game.

Skiles was ill and did not attend Monday's practice. Assistant Jim Boylan said coaches will consider putting Jackson back in the regular rotation.

"That's something that will be discussed," Boylan said. "Nothing lasts forever, especially in this league."

Boylan said Jackson has remained upbeat.

"Steve's been great," Boylan said. "He was outstanding today in practice, his attitude's been positive. So he doesn't need to do anything more for me, I know that. Since all of this has gone on, he's handled himself well. So I have no complaints."

Jackson has played for seven different teams in 12 seasons. To some fans, he's best known for his role in the infamous Pacers-Pistons brawl in 2004, resulting in a 30-game suspension.

Jackson insists his reputation doesn't reflect his commitment to his teammates.

"I've been showing my commitment every day," Jackson said. "I've been up cheering, supporting the team. I'm going to support my teammates. I'm a team guy. At the end of the day, when I get called, I'm going to be ready to play. That's what I love to do."

Bucks point guard Brandon Jennings spoke up for Jackson, saying he was "a little disappointed" Skiles didn't play Jackson during Saturday's blowout home loss to Chicago.

"I felt like he should have played against Chicago," Jennings said. "The fact that we were struggling, I was in foul trouble, maybe he could have gave us a spark. Just his presence probably could have changed the game. You never know."

Jennings praised Jackson's attitude.

"The main thing is just to see what the coaches do," Jennings said. "It's the coaches' decision at the end of the day. But he's been going hard and at the end of the day he's still a big part of the team, no matter what."

Jackson brushed off a question about his relationship with Bucks coaches.

"I'll be ready to play when they call me," he said. "That's not important. None of that's important. My job's to play basketball. My job's not to be here to be friends with anybody."

Before last Wednesday's victory over Miami, Skiles said he'd had a "good conversation" with Jackson. Going into the Miami game, Jackson was suspended for a game against the Lakers and was benched for a game against Detroit.

"Look, I don't want anybody, especially somebody like 'Jack,' to be happy about not playing in a game," Skiles said on Feb. 1. "I have too much respect for him. I've been in that position myself, I totally understand it. But Jack's going to be a professional about it, and he's going to keep working hard, and when he gets his chance, he'll get into the game and help us. I'm fully confident of that."

Jackson played nine minutes and 29 seconds against Miami, and hasn't played in the Bucks' past two games.

"Of course it's frustrating, because I want to be out there to help my teammates," Jackson said. "I never want to leave a guy out there to battle by himself. But at the end of the day, I only can worry about what I can control."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:36 am 

:lol: :lol:

Quote:
The Wizards have reached out to the Bucks about acquiring Bogut, ESPN's Marc Stein reports.

Recommendation: Though Bogut will be out until mid-April, the Wizards have maintained interest in Bogut and a willingness to part with current center JaVale McGee. The Bucks have reportedly insisted that Stephen Jackson be included in all trades for Bogut, which has tempered the trade market for Bogut. Jackson is owed $10 million next season.

(Rotowire.com)

Can you imagine Javell McGee on the Bucks? Skiles would want to kill him Day 1.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:50 pm 

Douchebag wrote:

Quote:
The Wizards have reached out to the Bucks about acquiring Bogut, ESPN's Marc Stein reports.

Recommendation: Though Bogut will be out until mid-April, the Wizards have maintained interest in Bogut and a willingness to part with current center JaVale McGee. The Bucks have reportedly insisted that Stephen Jackson be included in all trades for Bogut, which has tempered the trade market for Bogut. Jackson is owed $10 million next season.

(Rotowire.com)

aside from getting rid of McGee, why would the Wiz have interest in Bogut ?
it's amazing Jackson is still around. the other day on NBA TV someone mentioned him as a player the Bulls might be interested in :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:53 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Quote:

(Rotowire.com)

aside from getting rid of McGee, why would the Wiz have interest in Bogut ?
it's amazing Jackson is still around. the other day on NBA TV someone mentioned him as a player the Bulls might be interested in :lol:

Jackson may still have some value, but I don't think any team will touch him unless his contract is bought out and some team could acquire him at the minimum. It was obvious from Day 1 that he would be a terrible fit in Milwaukee. Guys like that will never make in on the floor when Skiles is coaching. Bogut still has value, but packaging him in a trade with Stephen Jackson would get them nothing in return, and they would have to take back an equally terrible deal. If I were the Wizards, I would offer Rashard Lewis & McGee for Bogut & Jackson.

Last edited by Douchebag on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:03 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
If I were the Wizards, I would offer Rashard Lewis & McGee for Bogut & Jackson.

i'd probably do that if i were the Bucks
i mean it's not like they're going to do anything this year anyway and Lewis' deal expires next year, that's be a huge cap savings, plus you get rid of Jackson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:49 pm 

Carrie wrote:
SOLID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a great deal for the Bucks if it happens.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:25 pm 

I think I am missing something here, but I love this for the Bucks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:48 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
I think I am missing something here, but I love this for the Bucks.

That's what I keep thinking.....like there's picks involved or something. But everything I read seems to cement that this is a done deal and that no snags or compications are expected.

Give me a bouncy Hawger!!!!!!

:bounce:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:57 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
And it's even better than it at first appears.

We get two guys who are actually gonna play. One is a star, and the other is a somewhat serviceable big man. (Who is young, has some potential, and a great contract)
Bogut and Jackson weren't even playing, and likely wouldn't have played the rest of the season. And shockingly, Gooden was badly outplaying Bogut anyways!

Bogut and Jackson would've cost the Bucks $23 million next year.
Ellis and Udoh will cost the Bucks $14.5 million next year. Kwame's contract expires at the end of this season.

Ilyasova and Delfino are free agents this summer. The Bucks now have considerable flexibility on how to approach those two.

That is great news, Hammond just stole them.

Now, don't you have some voting to do. :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:25 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Ellis and Udoh are still here Hawger!

Yep and will be playing tomorrow night. :bounce:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:00 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
We better re-sign Ilyasova Hawger. With a backcourt of Jennings and Ellis, Ersan might average 30 boards a night.

Lot of talk about that is why they opened up that cap space, I hope so. He is has been outstanding this year.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:26 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
We better re-sign Ilyasova Hawger. With a backcourt of Jennings and Ellis, Ersan might average 30 boards a night.

Lot of talk about that is why they opened up that cap space, I hope so. He is has been outstanding this year.

They're really pushing this up tempo style. Should be alot of fun to watch. And even though the field goal percentages of Jennings and Monta are bad, I'm expecting them both to go up a little bit. You can't guard both of them.

Are you amazed that Gooden has badly outplayed even what a healthy Bogut had been doing?

Gooden has been very good this year for the Bucks. I worry about his minutes, he is a china doll. Hope he stays healthy on the court, nice triple double he had last night.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:42 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:

They're really pushing this up tempo style. Should be alot of fun to watch. And even though the field goal percentages of Jennings and Monta are bad, I'm expecting them both to go up a little bit. You can't guard both of them.

Are you amazed that Gooden has badly outplayed even what a healthy Bogut had been doing?

i suppose it's true you can't guard both....but both of them won't be able to guard anyone so it'll all even out :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:18 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

They don't even know where he is, nor do they care.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Anyone else find it odd these two gentlemen are wearing the same style of suit? Is that the Buck Way or something?
Keeping Score wrote:
see KS image above. System won't let me quote it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: ------
I am shocked that Stephen Jackson lasted as long with Skiles as he did.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: ------

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:01 am 

They beat the ever living hell out of Portland last night and had 35 assist in the game. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
beni hanna wrote:
.02 from beni (who is definitely know FavreFan). Skiles teams always start out slow. They have lost every road game (6) and won every home game (3). They will even this out and have a typical run late where they get close to .500 and obtaining a #8 seed. Jennings is not who I would choose to pair with Skiles. Not sure Jennings is going to be able to take him and that is a problem. Is Jackson any good now? So far the only up stats are his fouls and turnovers.

.02 follow up, beni still predicts Milwaukee nabs the #8 seed and may squeak into the #7 seed. New York has a pretty tough schedule in the final 10 games. Bucks/NYK on Wednesday after playing the Bulls is a big game. Philly has 8 road games left and shows no signs of getting their act together even though they are playing some patsies.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:17 pm 

Gave up 121 points to the wizards tonight, and spoiled my hopes of a Bulls/Bucks first round matchup.

SOLID

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 866 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 29  Next