It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 866 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bucks SOLID
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Jbi11s wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
The Bucks and the Bobcats are doing their best to piss away their chances of making the playoffs. Last night the Bobcats lost to the Cavs while the Bucks struggled to score 70 points and Skiles benched his starting five after not scoring for the first 6 minutes of the game. They only gave up 78 points last night and still lost :shock:

Does anyone else think Skiles is gone after the season? Jennings trashed the entire team this weekend, so it seems like the Skiles fatigue has set in. Time for Jim Boylan to take over.

I read an article on what Jennings sad, and IMO it wasn't that bad. He basically said the Bucks moved too many pieces over the last year, but the only significant subtraction was Luke Ridnour. In an uninformed sense, that was very bad on Jennings part.

Too bad about Skiles. He probably is gone. Bucks could be overhauled.... Again.

Hey at least they didnt give long term deals to John Salmons and Drew Gooden.....oh wait

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Phil McCracken wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
The Bucks and the Bobcats are doing their best to piss away their chances of making the playoffs. Last night the Bobcats lost to the Cavs while the Bucks struggled to score 70 points and Skiles benched his starting five after not scoring for the first 6 minutes of the game. They only gave up 78 points last night and still lost :shock:

Does anyone else think Skiles is gone after the season? Jennings trashed the entire team this weekend, so it seems like the Skiles fatigue has set in. Time for Jim Boylan to take over.

I read an article on what Jennings sad, and IMO it wasn't that bad. He basically said the Bucks moved too many pieces over the last year, but the only significant subtraction was Luke Ridnour. In an uninformed sense, that was very bad on Jennings part.

Hey at least they didnt give long term deals to John Salmons and Drew Gooden.....oh wait

right, HOVA may recall that was my signature for quite awhile...him claiming the Gooden signing was good

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Bagels wrote:
right, HOVA may recall that was my signature for quite awhile...him claiming the Gooden signing was good

HOVA should know by now, a Drew Gooden signing is never good.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:58 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Bagels wrote:

HOVA should know by now, a Drew Gooden signing is never good.

even regardless of the money, which was dumb, he's of little to no value anymore. I'd rather have Asik

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:04 pm 

Bagels wrote:
even regardless of the money, which was dumb, he's of little to no value anymore. I'd rather have Asik

I always thought Gooden could have been an easy 20-10 guy when he got drafted. He must smoke too much or something, because he just looks out of it half the time he's in uniform.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:15 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

I guess I wouldn't call what Jennings said bad, but it does kind of show that the team has quit on Skiles, and that needs to be addressed this offseason. People had this team slotted for a 4th or 5th seed, and had them possibly contending for the division title, is there a more disappointing team this season than the Bucks?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Douchebag wrote:
People had this team slotted for a 4th or 5th seed, and had them possibly contending for the division title, is there a more disappointing team this season than the Bucks?

After the first of the season, possibly the Jazz.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:17 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
is there a more disappointing team this season than the Bucks?

Knicks maybe?

everyone is right, they clearly have quit on Skiles. that team is a mess. what were you thinking KS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:29 pm 

beni hanna wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
People had this team slotted for a 4th or 5th seed, and had them possibly contending for the division title, is there a more disappointing team this season than the Bucks?

After the first of the season, possibly the Jazz.

Yeah, Jazz just quit after the Sloan firing. They're wouldn't have been any higher than a 6th seed in the West, but they have been playing ugly basketball lately.

Here's a nice blurb about the Jazz's finish to this season:
Quote:
It’s hard to remember now, but the Utah Jazz were once 14 games over .500 and pulled into midseason at 27-14; they have won only nine games since. The Playoff Odds peg them to finish with 38 wins, which would put them at 11-30 after the midpoint of the schedule. That’s quite a turnaround, eh? Utah would go from 13 games over .500 at the 41-game mark to 19-under afterward, a 32-game switcheroo.

If so, they’ll make history. According to Elias, the Jazz are approaching a rather depressing milestone — the biggest in-season U-turn since the NBA switched to an 82-game schedule in 1967-68 (see chart). With seven games remaining, the Jazz have already clinched a tie for third place on the list and will cement their status as the worst with losses in just three of their final seven contests. Given that six of their final seven are against likely playoff teams and four are on the road, I think we can start planning the ceremony.

I also read that no team that has started 27-14 has gone on to miss the playoffs.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:33 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Knicks maybe?

everyone is right, they clearly have quit on Skiles. that team is a mess. what were you thinking KS

The Knicks are finishing where I thought they would be. I guess it's disappointing that they might finish behind Philly, but they can still catch them (only 1/2 game behind right now). I don't think they ever had a shot to crack the Top 4 in the conference.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:38 pm 

i feel icky for having Maggette on my fantasy team

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:38 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Knicks maybe?

The Knicks are finishing where I thought they would be. I guess it's disappointing that they might finish behind Philly, but they can still catch them (only 1/2 game behind right now). I don't think they ever had a shot to crack the Top 4 in the conference.

How long of a leash do you think D'Antoni is on over there? Dolan is an idiot so its kind of a hard thing to predict but I dont know if the 7 seconds or less thing is gonna work out in NY

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Douchebag wrote:
I also read that no team that has started 27-14 has gone on to miss the playoffs.

NBA: Where Amazing Happens

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:40 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Knicks maybe?

well they weren't playing all that poorly at the time of the trade and while, yeah, it takes some time to adjust they still played awful against some really mediocre teams (losing to the Pacers twice in one week)

i don't think they're better than the top 4 teams but as comprised, they should be better than Philly and Atlanta

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:30 pm 

FYI this is the most I ever plan to write about Coach K, Mike D'Antoni, and the "System"....

Phil McCracken wrote:
How long of a leash do you think D'Antoni is on over there? Dolan is an idiot so its kind of a hard thing to predict but I dont know if the 7 seconds or less thing is gonna work out in NY

D'Antoni is on the clock at the beginning of next season. The Knicks have to have an above average offseason for his job to be secure by winning percentage alone.

I've always been an outside believer in D'Antoni's system. He was an assistant coach on the '08 Olympic team. Coach K supposedly borrowed offensive sets and spacing techniques from D'Antoni. These offensive adjustments no doubt assisted Duke in winning the 09-10 national championship. In that sense, Duke's last championship team is a template for how a D'Antoni type system should win big. However, the lack of talent in the one and done era of college basketball makes the objective view of that Duke team sort of impossible.

Still the meaningful variables can be seen. A quality back court with a shooter (Scheyer) and a combo guard (N.Smith). A do it all scorer (Singler). And just raw size on the front line (Zoubek, Plumlee bros.) to basically play defense and grab as many rebounds as possible. Statiscally, the Blue Devils mastered the two most important things in the D'Antoni system, rebounding (39rpg) and shooting 3's (38.9%). IMO, the assists are crucial, but secondary to converting 3 pointers and controlling the boards in an up tempo offense.

The biggest difference between D'Antoni and Coach K is unmistakably in their defensive approaches. Duke forced a highly effective 14 turnovers a game and held opponents to 28% from 3 point range. They also outscored their opponents 77ppg to 61ppg, but that disparity is more skewed due to lack of competitive talent compared to other statistics. Creating turnovers and limiting open looks on 3 pointers seem to be as important or more important than efficient offense in this system.

D'Antoni now has the best player on the '08 Olympic team in Carmelo, and the best post player he's ever coached in Amar'e. 2 players more effective than anyone Coach K had on his 09-10 Title team. Instituting a defensive presence along with at least one reliable 3 Point shooter in the 2011 off season will be the only hope D'Antoni has to compete with the top 3 in the East next season and beyond.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:45 pm 

Update:

I contrasted the Duke 2009-2010 season Team stats with the best D'Antoni coached Phoenix Suns team (2004-2005).

Phoenix finished the year with an NBA best 62-20 record. Outscored their opponents by 7 points (110.4ppg//103.3ppg), but also gave up the most points in the NBA.

Looking further into the stats, the Suns had an amazing five players shooting 35% 3PTFG or better (7 players if you count W.McCarty and C.Jacobsen both at 38% with half the attempts) AND averaging 15ppg or better (Q.Richardson rounded up from 14.9ppg).

As a team they shot 39% from 3 point land (1st) and averaged 44.1rpg (1st). They also ranked 3rd in both assists with 23.5apg and defensive 3 point % allowing 33% a game.

Where this team fell short IMO, was their inability to rank in the top half of the league in Turnovers forced (13.7, 22nd) and Steals (6.9, 22nd). This is one of the many, many, many reasons the Suns lost to the Spurs in the 2005 conference finals.

What these stats tell me is the Knicks may be further behind than I thought, even with Carmelo. :weelchairbb:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:56 pm 

Gooden thugging it up against Miami

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:39 am 

I still don't understand how Skiles still has this job. It's obvious that he burnt this team out down the stretch and it's time to make a change.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:17 pm 

How do the Bucks look this upcoming season. It will be nice to have Redd's money off the books. If they don't re-sign Luc Richard Mbah A Moute, I hope the Bulls make a move for him. I wouldn't mind seeing him coming off the bench.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:36 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Quote:
Coming out of the lengthy lockout, the Milwaukee Bucks' roster is in reasonable shape.

If by reasonable you mean terrible. Then I agree 100%

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:32 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
For the record, that was from the Milwaukee newspaper that I quoted.

I do like them bringing in Jackson, Livingston and Udrih in place of Salmons and Maggette.

I like the Larry Sanders kid.

Bogut has to be better now that he's a year removed from that horrendous injury.

Delfino came back strong after his half season concussion.

So much of it is on Brandon. He's got to shoot better than 38% for Scott's sake. But more importantly, he's got to learn how to distribute the ball, and get a little composure to his game.

How do you feel about that Drew Gooden deal?

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:35 pm 

Phil McCracken wrote:
How do you feel about that Drew Gooden deal?

:lol: :lol:

That was fun-bad money. I would hope they amnesty him.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:37 pm 

Carrie wrote:
Quote:
@WojYahooNBAAdrian Wojnarowski

Free agent forward Mike Dunleavy will sign a two year, $7.5 million deal with the Milwaukee Bucks, league source tells Y! Sports.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Now they just need to get his Dad to coach after Skiles gets fired this year

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:58 pm 

Phil McCracken wrote:
Carrie wrote:
Quote:
@WojYahooNBAAdrian Wojnarowski

Free agent forward Mike Dunleavy will sign a two year, $7.5 million deal with the Milwaukee Bucks, league source tells Y! Sports.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Now they just need to get his Dad to coach after Skiles gets fired this year

Been there, done that. Don't think that will happen again.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:01 pm 

Alright basketball experts, what are the Bucks getting in Jackson besides a crazy bastard?

:?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:03 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Alright basketball experts, what are the Bucks getting in Jackson besides a crazy bastard?

Someone that is going to raise Scott Skiles blood pressure by 50 pts

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:09 pm 

Phil McCracken wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

The cocaine already does that :(

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:40 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
KS, You can donate the money you owe me to the board.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:52 am 

Phil McCracken wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

:lol: :lol:

How many games before he's in Skiles' doghouse?

I say 3 games, and then he's at the end of the bench.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 866 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next