It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Knicks GM
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:55 pm 

RT @Chris_Broussard: Knicks Prez Donnie Walsh told me today that Isiah Thomas will be among Knicks GM candidates if they make a hire

Surely Walsh is not that stupid, is he? :shock:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

Post subject: Re: Knicks GM
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
What in the world does he see in this guy?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:22 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
didn't isiah once try to kill himself and then blame it on his daughter?

character guy through and through.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Nicola's
This is like hiring the arsonist who burned your house down to provide his insights on fire.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
How could Carrie have posted in this thread if she's dead?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Bump

Looks like Walsh is not that stupid. He gone. Good luck Sinicalypse. Isiah coming your way.

Walsh will not return as Knicks president
Donnie Walsh will not return as president of the New York Knicks, who must find someone else to continue the building job he started.

The Knicks announced in a statement Friday that Walsh and Madison Square Garden chairman James Dolan mutually agreed that Walsh will not return when his contract expires at the end of June.

Walsh's departure is a major loss for the Knicks and opens questions about whether coach Mike D'Antoni will return for the final year of his contract.

Walsh spent three seasons in New York, leading a massive rebuilding effort that got the team back into the playoffs this season following the acquisitions of Amare Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony.

But Dolan didn't pick up his option for next season, and the two couldn't agree on terms of an extension.

"In a relatively short time with the Knicks, Donnie made a tremendous impact, which will be felt for many years to come," Dolan said. "We thank Donnie for his leadership, hard work and many contributions to the revitalization of the team."

The Knicks said Walsh will be a consultant next season. Senior vice president Glen Grunwald will serve as interim general manager.

Walsh and D'Antoni arrived in New York following the 2007-08 season and immediately went to work cleaning up the mess left by Isiah Thomas, who had served in both roles. For Walsh, that meant spending two seasons reducing one of the league's highest payrolls, getting the Knicks far enough under the salary cap to afford two top players last summer.

The Knicks got only Stoudemire but traded for Anthony in February and finished 42-40, their first winning record in a decade. They were swept by Boston in their first postseason since 2004, and the roster needs significant upgrades to compete with the top teams in the Eastern Conference.

Walsh had said he wanted to return, but he has battled health problems and didn't appear to have complete basketball control, with Dolan still relying on the advice of Thomas even after Walsh fired him.

"With some of the NBA's premier players, an outstanding coach and one of the league's most passionate and loyal fan bases, we are extremely confident about the future of the Knicks franchise," Dolan said.