It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Jbi11s wrote:
Thibs may damn well steal the COY award away from Popovich with the way the Bulls are playing and the Spurs aren't. The Spurs were historically dominant for the first three months of the season, but the injury bug is no joke.

yeah I think Pop is a great coach, obviously, but look at them w/ Duncan out....Bulls were able to weather the storm with Boozer and Noah missing a lot of time. I think Thibs has gotten an amazing effort out of the bench and to me that's more important...i don't think his great coaching caused Rose to make a dramatic leap although he might have had something to do with it. but he clearly has the ear of the team and they respect him and are playing hard...i think that's the most important thing. i would probably have Pop a close 2nd.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
312player wrote:
i liked it, thought it was a good read..agree with you on cousins..i expect him to be a beast this time next season..thought he was easily the best player in that draft.

I hope he can keep his shit together. I looked at his game log, and it seemed like the outbursts coincided with the Kings going on epic losing streaks. I think the man just wants to win. The move to Anaheim will help the Kings as well IMO.

What if you put Kemba Walker on the Kings?

Last edited by Jbi11s on Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:35 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
i think walker is going to be outstanding in the pros...not so sure i agree with evan turner improving vastly though

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:40 pm 

312player wrote:
not so sure i agree with evan turner improving vastly though

I don't think I can say he'll make the leap into stud status, but he will get more than 20 minutes a game next year. He cannot be this bad.

Last edited by Jbi11s on Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:42 pm 

BTW thanks for the input 312.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:46 pm 

312player wrote:
i think walker is going to be outstanding in the pros

I hope so. It'd be really disappointing if he was made to be a fraud in the NBA. Out of the UCONN guys he's most comparable to Ray Allen, but Kemba is a better leader at this point in his career then J.Shuttlesworth has ever been. Kemba is a better all around player than B.Gordon and Rip. Can't shoot 3's like BG or Ray, but has as good a mid range game as anyone.

I think he'd flourish on a young team.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:31 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Thibs may damn well steal the COY award away from Popovich with the way the Bulls are playing and the Spurs aren't. The Spurs were historically dominant for the first three months of the season, but the injury bug is no joke.

yeah I think Pop is a great coach, obviously, but look at them w/ Duncan out....Bulls were able to weather the storm with Boozer and Noah missing a lot of time. I think Thibs has gotten an amazing effort out of the bench and to me that's more important...i don't think his great coaching caused Rose to make a dramatic leap although he might have had something to do with it. but he clearly has the ear of the team and they respect him and are playing hard...i think that's the most important thing. i would probably have Pop a close 2nd.

Thibs has all but leaped Pop in my mind as well. Losing 6 straight at this point in the season is not good. I don't care who the team is. I think you made a great point with Thibs getting the best out of the bench. The entire team buying into the aggressively played defense Thibs demands is COY worthy IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Jbi11s wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Thibs has all but leaped Pop in my mind as well. Losing 6 straight at this point in the season is not good. I don't care who the team is. I think you made a great point with Thibs getting the best out of the bench. The entire team buying into the aggressively played defense Thibs demands is COY worthy IMO.

right the question will be whether he's like a Skiles type and they listen for a year or two then get sick of him and tune him out...I guess winning cures everything so that remains to be seen. if they win the title or come close that will mean everything but if they fall short or even make an early exit- especially with the heightened expectations-it will be interesting to see how they respond next year

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Ban me
I agree. The fact the the core players are still fairly young and have had similar coaches doesn't hurt either. Thibs is still learning too. His inexperience cost the Bulls at least 1 game so far this season and possibly 2.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:56 pm 

Bagels wrote:
right the question will be whether he's like a Skiles type and they listen for a year or two then get sick of him and tune him out...I guess winning cures everything so that remains to be seen. if they win the title or come close that will mean everything but if they fall short or even make an early exit- especially with the heightened expectations-it will be interesting to see how they respond next year

Agreed. Never thought about it, but Thibs could have the Stan Van Gundy problem if the Bulls get bounced in round 1 or 2 the next couple years.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:39 pm 

Thibs broke Phil Jackson's wins in rookie year of coaching with his 56th tonight. He should win COY. That settles it.