It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:08 am 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
Saying something sounds less crazy to a bunch of message board posters isn't exactly a defense of your position. I'll just assume it started as a bit and you just kind of roll with it now, as your arguments read as specious at best.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Ban me
The last 2 games shows why teams want a great scorer. Like Kobe they can shoot you out of a game but you always feel you have a chance when you have them on your team. Rose has been great this year but you don't feel that yet with him. Melo and Kobe are 2 guys I don't want to see with the ball in their hands with the game on the line if they're playing the Bulls. You just know they're going to make the shot.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:58 am 

immessedup17 wrote:
HOVA wrote:
The last 2 games shows why teams want a great scorer. Like Kobe they can shoot you out of a game but you always feel you have a chance when you have them on your team. Rose has been great this year but you don't feel that yet with him. Melo and Kobe are 2 guys I don't want to see with the ball in their hands with the game on the line if they're playing the Bulls. You just know they're going to make the shot.

Except they still miss it most of the time.

If all you watch is Sportscenter, you might think they hit every shot.

The Bulls have options at the end of games. They are able to run various plays and try to get a high percentage shot at the end. They don't have to rely on double teamed iso plays.

Actually Anthony makes it most of the time. I was surprised to see that stat during a game but he is the only guy shooting over 50%. While the others may miss them "most of the time" they make them at a rate higher than everyone else. I know MJ didn't make every last second shot but I always felt that he would. That's a great feeling to have when that guy is on your team. Patrick Ewing and others probably hate that.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:31 am 

It's just that last second shot. Personally I don't have confidence in Rose to make it. If you put a bigger player on him he seems to take an awful shot.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:34 am 

HOVA wrote:
It's just that last second shot. Personally I don't have confidence in Rose to make it. If you put a bigger player on him he seems to take an awful shot.

The only last second shot I can remember Rose draining was the 3 to force OT against the Rockets earlier this year. He turns the ball over alot in the last second. Everything just collapses around him and he is usually forced to make the pass.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:39 am 

Douchebag wrote:
HOVA wrote:

The only last second shot I can remember Rose draining was the 3 to force OT against the Rockets earlier this year. He turns the ball over alot in the last second. Everything just collapses around him and he is usually forced to make the pass.

That part of the game hasn't slowed down for him yet. He's the guy on the Bulls I want taking the shot though.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:40 am 

immessedup17 wrote:
HOVA wrote:

I see your reasoning a little bit but...Rose doesn't need to make a 20' contested shot. He drives and scores at will... I know he can't do it all the time, but just the fact that he can get to the rim with the best of them...he has the opportunity to have easier attempts at the end.

I hate Stacey King, but he is damn right about the too big, too strong, too fast, too good assessment.

Can you do that in the playoffs against great defensive teams? You're going to have to take a jumper.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
HOVA wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:
I see your reasoning a little bit but...Rose doesn't need to make a 20' contested shot. He drives and scores at will... I know he can't do it all the time, but just the fact that he can get to the rim with the best of them...he has the opportunity to have easier attempts at the end.

I hate Stacey King, but he is damn right about the too big, too strong, too fast, too good assessment.

Can you do that in the playoffs against great defensive teams? You're going to have to take a jumper.

Good defensive teams are going to close the lane at the end of crucial playoff games and force the other Bulls to make a jumper. The Sixers did this the other night.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
immessedup17 wrote:
I'd like to see what the Bulls are as a team in late game situations...to tie or take the lead...and Rose specifically. I'm confident in the Bulls team late in games. They have had quite a few nice 4th quarter comebacks.

http://www.82games.com/1011/CSORT11.HTM

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:28 pm 

I don't like the 5 min stat. A lot can happen during that time. I like the 10 second stat. Melo and Kobe were tied with 15 shots made (I believe over the past 5 years) and Dirk was 2nd. Just watching the games we've all seen over the years that LeBron isn't comfortable with less than 30 seconds left. For some reason that only God knows he becomes a different player. I call it the "it" factor.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:22 pm 

How many did they miss or assist on?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:03 pm 

HOVA wrote:
I don't like the 5 min stat. A lot can happen during that time. I like the 10 second stat. Melo and Kobe were tied with 15 shots made (I believe over the past 5 years) and Dirk was 2nd. Just watching the games we've all seen over the years that LeBron isn't comfortable with less than 30 seconds left. For some reason that only God knows he becomes a different player. I call it the "it" factor.

I sort of agree but then I'm reminded of the last Bulls game at Milwaukee. Da Boo ended up winning by 8 but they didn't lead until the last 2 minutes and Rose scored or assisted on the last 16 points with 4 minutes to go. There's no last 10 second shot to bother with when that happens but I think it's just as meaningful.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:12 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
HOVA wrote:

I sort of agree but then I'm reminded of the last Bulls game at Milwaukee. Da Boo ended up winning by 8 but they didn't lead until the last 2 minutes and Rose scored or assisted on the last 16 points with 4 minutes to go. There's no last 10 second shot to bother with when that happens but I think it's just as meaningful.

No doubt if you can put the game out of reach with 5 mins left and get the victory that's great. I'm not really frowning on that. I guess what I'm saying is there is more pressure when there is just 1 possession to tie the game or win it.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:15 pm 

KDdidit wrote:

The stat I saw just had makes. Kobe and Melo both had 15. There was another stat that I saw that had Melo making over 50% of his shots with 24 seconds or less remaining. Kobe was 2nd but he was only around 40%. This was a couple years ago so the numbers could be different. I recall Kobe making 4 or 5 shots to win games int he regular season last year.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:24 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
HOVA wrote:

http://zedomax.com/blog/2009/05/23/vide ... -the-game/

Am I missing something?

Awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:51 pm 

pizza_Place: giordano's
I didn't feel like reading al the posts. Did someone say Deng is better than Anthony? If so, that person is obviously a fool. If its a discussion of whether the bulls should have traded for Anthony, that's a different story. First, Anthony only wanted to go to the Knicks. Second, any deal would have included Deng, Noah and at least one other player. I wouldn't make that deal.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:12 pm 

The real debate should be Noah vs. Carmelo. That is a far more valid debate, but the outcome would still be the same if I was Bulls GM.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:28 pm 

No doubt Melo is the better player but there would have been a major chemistry issue. Deng has stayed healthy and has played well. The Bulls still lack a big time scorer but so did the Pistons.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Aren't you at a hockey game? Put the phone down. And don't be home too late.

:)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:50 pm 

I'm just saying the deal didn't happen because Garpax wouldn't give up Joakim, not Luol. I am in no way, shape, or form ever conceding my Luol vs. Carmelo argument. Just want to clarify the deal involved Noah and Carmelo. If the deal involved Deng and Noah, I'd have to get the best player or a future first rounder along with Carmelo from the 3rd team involved if I'm the Bulls GM.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
HOVA wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

The stat I saw just had makes. Kobe and Melo both had 15. There was another stat that I saw that had Melo making over 50% of his shots with 24 seconds or less remaining. Kobe was 2nd but he was only around 40%. This was a couple years ago so the numbers could be different. I recall Kobe making 4 or 5 shots to win games int he regular season last year.

I know this is an old conversation, but this article should be posted every time someone lauds Kobe's clutchness. Note also Lebron's placement ahead of Bryant on the list.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:58 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
I know this is an old conversation, but this article should be posted every time someone lauds Kobe's clutchness. Note also Lebron's placement ahead of Bryant on the list.

Kobe does a lot of other things great, but I agree this statistic is relevant. It sort of defines Bryant's legacy in a figurative way. He's got a Gordon Gecko aesthetic about him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:19 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
How glad are the Knicks that they picked up Carmelo?

:roll:

How old are you?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:11 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
Depends on who's asking.

I think I may have to take the Brick approach to your obvious retardation.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:17 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
Oooh, the 'r' word. Don't think you're going to make many people around here too happy with that.

Mac posts here?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:19 pm 

Yeah maybe use a different word.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:21 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
Do you need to have a mentally disabled child to be offended by the term?

How would you know anything about my dealings with such things?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:24 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Yeah maybe use a different word.

Thank you.

I'm sorry that word offends you TP.

I hope I'm not a barometer for political correctness, because that word will remain in my vocab. I hope you aren't assuming you're the only one who's dealt with that situation.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:26 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
Do you need to have a mentally disabled child to be offended by the term?

Please, share your wisdom. I need to know which standards the world should live by.

Hey mentally challenged NBA observer. How much does Keith Bogans make?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:27 pm 

I'm not necessarily offended by it. I've just come to accept that others are.

Plus it gives me an excuse to show off my vast vocabulary.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next