It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 4:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
If the Knicks wanted efficiency they could have kept former FG% king Eddie Curry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
KDdidit wrote:
If the Knicks wanted efficiency they could have kept former FG% king Eddie Curry

Former. As in pre crack pipe//cold sore Eddy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:18 pm 

GP MPG FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% PPG
71 38.5 9.5-18.8 .505 1.2-3.6 .335 6.3-8.3 .764 26.5

70 35.9 8.7-19.4 .451 1.0-2.9 .360 6.8-8.1 .833 25.3

71 37.8 8.1-13.5 .600 0.0-0.1 .000 7.0-11.8 .589 23.2

Tell me out of these statistics who is the most efficient.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:39 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
I love how people want to kick the Knicks while they are down. They have no continuity. No roster outside of Amare and Melo (Chauncey exists solely on rep nowadays). They will be more than solid next year if they have a decent off season.

No they won't. They traded away all of their depth just to get Melo and will not have much cap space to do anything substantial in free agency. With a new CBA, they could end up being very screwed for awhile.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
i think the knicks are one GOOD head coach away from being a real good team

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:56 pm 

312player wrote:
i think the knicks are one GOOD head coach away from being a real good team

you are one brain away from being a decent poster.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:56 pm 

ahhh clever girl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:03 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
I love how people want to kick the Knicks while they are down. They have no continuity. No roster outside of Amare and Melo (Chauncey exists solely on rep nowadays). They will be more than solid next year if they have a decent off season.

No they won't. They traded away all of their depth just to get Melo and will not have much cap space to do anything substantial in free agency. With a new CBA, they could end up being very screwed for awhile.

They are a few solid bench players away... IMO. I don't think it's too off base.

Our beloved bulls could be in the same boat. Along with the Heat and pretty much every other team with 2 legit studs.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:10 pm 

amare is a bit older i believe than boozer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:11 pm 

pizza_Place: *
312player wrote:

lol NO!

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:28 pm 

312player wrote:

Open a new tab. Type ESPN.com into the address bar. Hit Enter. Find NBA. Hit Enter. Find the players tab. Hit Enter. Carlos Boozer plays for the Bulls. Amar'e Stoudemire for the Knicks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:51 pm 

pizza_Place: *
immessedup17 wrote:
Free Ajent wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:
Efficiency and versatility are not synonyms.

it's cause and effect

If you are more versatile the chances of you being more efficient are very likely

Just because someone can shoot the three doesn't mean you want them to.

Maybe I wasn't clear, if a player can shoot the 3 well, has a good post game, can hit a mid range shot, drive to the bucket effectively, and shoot free throws well, the chances that he will be efficient are greater than a person who can do 1/2 of those things.

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:58 pm 

Free Ajent wrote:
Maybe I wasn't clear, if a player can shoot the 3 well, has a good post game, can hit a mid range shot, drive to the bucket effectively, and shoot free throws well, the chances that he will be efficient are greater than a person who can do 1/2 of those things.

Should have been my first post.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Jbi11s wrote:
Free Ajent wrote:

Should have been my first post.

When is your last post?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
I'm not going to throw out too many barbs here in this thread. It seems like IMU is making a bit of a strawman argument based on a vague concept of "efficiency", based on.... (speculating here) FG% and turnovers?

Deng is a role player, albeit one perfectly suited for the team he is on. Carmelo is vastly superior at all the things that Free Ajent listed. The problem in New York is chemistry, they traded almost all of their role players in the middle of the season and have 2 superstars. They also have a coach that seems to think defensive philosophy is some sort of distant rumor. I'm not saying 'melo would ever be a good player on the Bull, but the argument that Deng is close to his talent level is ridiculous. Carmelo is a much better player but it remains to be seen if he can win.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Fuck Duke, Deng sucks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:33 am 

Free Ajent wrote:
312player wrote:

lol NO!

yes you are right, boozer is older :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:42 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Apologist wrote:
I'm not going to throw out too many barbs here in this thread. It seems like IMU is making a bit of a strawman argument based on a vague concept of "efficiency", based on.... (speculating here) FG% and turnovers?

Deng is a role player, albeit one perfectly suited for the team he is on. Carmelo is vastly superior at all the things that Free Ajent listed. The problem in New York is chemistry, they traded almost all of their role players in the middle of the season and have 2 superstars. They also have a coach that seems to think defensive philosophy is some sort of distant rumor. I'm not saying 'melo would ever be a good player on the Bull, but the argument that Deng is close to his talent level is ridiculous. Carmelo is a much better player but it remains to be seen if he can win.

That's pretty much my view on it, too.

I think the Bulls are good enough to win as they are, so why mess with that? Also, I find it odd that many Bulls fans who were seemingly bothered by the fact that LeBron attempted to create his own championship team rather than allowing one to coalesce organically around him, would be so eager for the Bulls to bring in people who would likely challenge Rose's leadership.

But "chemistry" is something that isn't easily predicted. So I do understand and respect the view of guys like Jason Goff and OKC which seems to be simply that you get the best players possible and see what happens.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:12 am 

KDdidit wrote:
Fuck Duke

Something I think everyone here can agree on.

Thread over.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:25 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Douchebag wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Fuck Duke

Something I think everyone here can agree on.

Thread over.

Here here!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:32 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I think the Bulls are good enough to win as they are, so why mess with that? Also, I find it odd that many Bulls fans who were seemingly bothered by the fact that LeBron attempted to create his own championship team rather than allowing one to coalesce organically around him, would be so eager for the Bulls to bring in people who would likely challenge Rose's leadership.
This has been explained to you before. The problem with Lebron is that many people, including himself, tried to portray him as the best player in this generation and possibly all time. At the time of the Melo talk most people were debating if Rose was even one of the best players in the league. That's the difference that you don't seem to get. That's why people weren't as upset with Wade or Bosh and won't be upset with Chris Paul or Deron Williams or even Carmelo. All of those will be considered great players but none will enter the greatest of all time discussion as Lebron had the potential to do. Now, Lebron can't really do it because we don't have a good way to judge it.

If Rose played with Carmelo Anthony and Carlos Boozer I'd have a hard time making an argument that he's one of the best of all time too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:17 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
This has been explained to you before. The problem with Lebron is that many people, including himself, tried to portray him as the best player in this generation and possibly all time. At the time of the Melo talk most people were debating if Rose was even one of the best players in the league. That's the difference that you don't seem to get. That's why people weren't as upset with Wade or Bosh and won't be upset with Chris Paul or Deron Williams or even Carmelo. All of those will be considered great players but none will enter the greatest of all time discussion as Lebron had the potential to do. Now, Lebron can't really do it because we don't have a good way to judge it.

If Rose played with Carmelo Anthony and Carlos Boozer I'd have a hard time making an argument that he's one of the best of all time too.

I don't think the fact that many basketball fans feel the need to mistakenly- or even correctly- declare this player or that player the best ever has any real bearing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:24 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I don't think the fact that many basketball fans feel the need to mistakenly- or even correctly- declare this player or that player the best ever has any real bearing.
I explained the difference. Ignore it if you want.

From the age of 14, people were proclaiming Lebron to be "The Chosen One" and a player with the potential to be the greatest ever. That's why it's different. It matters. Even if you disagree, you can't just discount it because that's why people viewed it differently. Call them stupid for trying to make that determination but that's why it's different.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Can we get back to talking about how much of a crackpot JBills is?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:33 pm 

spmack wrote:
Well, he did say that NY > Chicago.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:34 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I explained the difference. Ignore it if you want.

From the age of 14, people were proclaiming Lebron to be "The Chosen One" and a player with the potential to be the greatest ever. That's why it's different. It matters. Even if you disagree, you can't just discount it because that's why people viewed it differently. Call them stupid for trying to make that determination but that's why it's different.

Parameters for all time greatness? Seems like a subjective argument. LeBron still has a chance to be involved in that discussion IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:34 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
spmack wrote:

No I don't think he'd ever say that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:36 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
spmack wrote:

No I don't think he'd ever say that.
Oh that's right. You just went insane on me when I said it. My mistake.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
And predictably, IMU never addressed or denied his strawman argument.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:57 pm 

With the amount of talent NY gave up I see them stuck as a 4 seed for quite some time. Carmelo is great, but if NY could have hung on to just one of the key pieces they gave up it would be a different story. I never thought D.Walsh would pull the trigger on giving up Gallinari, Chandler, and Felton all in one package. I'd personally never make that trade.

If NY can somehow finagle around the new CBA and land CP3 then everything I just said could be irrelevant. Hypothetically, they could have waited until this summer and landed all the stars they wanted without giving up Gallinari and W.Chandler.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next