It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:17 pm 

pizza_Place: pizzahut
I think the spurs will stay and up into second round,,
but who knows!!,all teams are more aggressive to get the championship trophy!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:51 am 

Here's my picks:

East:
1. Bulls vs. 8. Pacers
Bulls in 4

2. Heat Vs. 7. Sixers
Heat in 5

3. Celtics Vs. 6. Knicks
Celtics in 7

4. Magic Vs. 5. Hawks
Magic in 4

West:
1. Spurs Vs. 8. Grizzlies
Spurs in 6

2. Lakers Vs. Hornets
Lakers in 4

3. Mavericks Vs. 6. Blazers
Blazers in 6

4. Thunder Vs. 5. Nuggets
Thunder in 7 (I'm really looking forward to this series)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:34 pm 

i think the hornets can take 1 game from the lakers. no love for the mavs? i'll take the blazers, too.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Douchebag wrote:
4. Thunder Vs. 5. Nuggets
Thunder in 7 (I'm really looking forward to this series)

The last 2 seasons of playoff ball have been very entertaining. Match-ups like OKC vs. Denver are why I watch basketball more than any other sport.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:41 pm 

W_Z wrote:
i think the hornets can take 1 game from the lakers.

I think the Lakers are playing like shit, but this series is almost a bye for them. No David West, and Chris Paul's knee isn't healthy right now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
i hear the majority of people picking portland over dallas, i don't see it..mavs should take that series in 5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:14 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
W_Z wrote:

I think the Lakers are playing like shit, but this series is almost a bye for them. No David West, and Chris Paul's knee isn't healthy right now.

I agree. if the Hornets were healthy they might have won a game in the series. This might be the easiest first round matchup for any team in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Picks are underlined

Bulls vs Pacers
Heat vs 76ers (I'm hoping I'm wrong here)
Celtics vs Knicks (Eastern Upset Special of the Week)
Magic vs Hawks

Spurs vs Grizzlies (Western Upset Special of the Week, just gotta feeling...)
Lakers vs Hornets
Mavericks vs Blazers (I'd be upset if Portland didn't upset)
Thunder vs Nuggets (Could go either way)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:56 pm 

Bulls over Pacers in 5.

Heat over 76ers in 6

Boston over Knicks in 6

Hawks over Orlando in 7

Spurs over Griz in 6

Mavs over Portland in 6

Lakers over Hornets in 5

Thunder over Nuggets in 7

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:35 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
W_Z wrote:

I agree. if the Hornets were healthy they might have won a game in the series. This might be the easiest first round matchup for any team in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:19 pm 

heat woke up before the bulls did. motherfuck.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Lets go Sixers. Someone needs to start knocking the shit out of Lebron.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:25 pm 

careful, UMN. rfdc may start saying you're a sixers fan now.

you know, now the heat are pissing me off. :|

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
If the Heat are going to get bullshit calls like that its going to be a long series.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:34 pm 

sixers finish like killer v. christ.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
This is why the NBA playoffs are upset free in the early rounds and top seeds typically move on. Heat +13 on FT attempts, Bulls were +15. Nothing new and it's not just this or that official. Just the way the NBA is and has been as long as anyone can recall. Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:33 pm 

NearWessSideHussra wrote:
This is why the NBA playoffs are upset free in the early rounds and top seeds typically move on. Heat +13 on FT attempts, Bulls were +15. Nothing new and it's not just this or that official. Just the way the NBA is and has been as long as anyone can recall. Image

+1 Great point.

There should be an ongoing thread documenting such discrepancies throughout the playoffs.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:35 pm 

You're citing two teams that consistently drive to the basket and get to the line. Rose, Lebron, and Wade don't settle for jump shots like other teams that are not as good. It has nothing to do with "getting calls".

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:40 pm 

Douchebag wrote:

You're citing two teams that consistently drive to the basket and get to the line. Rose, Lebron, and Wade don't settle for jump shots like other teams that are not as good. It has nothing to do with "getting calls".

I wouldn't call for an investigation or anything like that 2 games into the postseason, but the sketchiness of NBA referees (Like Joey "I Piss in my hotel ice bucket" Crawford) should not be discounted. It worked out in our favor today, I'm not complaining. Your points about driving to the lane are valid, but the Sixers and Pacers do a lot of work around the hoop as well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:44 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

I wouldn't call for an investigation or anything like that 2 games into the postseason, but the sketchiness of NBA referees (Like Joey "I Piss in my hotel ice bucket" Crawford) should not be discounted. It worked out in our favor today, I'm not complaining. Your points about driving to the lane are valid, but the Sixers and Pacers do a lot of work around the hoop as well.

The Pacers took a bunch of 3's today, and knocked down a good percentage of them. That's why the game was so close. You're not going to get to the line often when you're shooting 3's and outside jumpshots. It takes a little more than just looking at the box score to just make accusations like this.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:53 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Who are all these hot sluts in the stands behind the benches???? There's like 20 of them. They are (im)plants.

+ (.)(.)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:01 pm 

i want to see more of thad in this series. the guy's a fucking MAN.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:08 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
It takes a little more than just looking at the box score to just make accusations like this.

You got me... Somewhat. I listened to the first quarter, watched the last three on TV. After watching the game and then looking at the box score I wasn't surprised the Pacers went 10-18 from 3pt range. Collison was consistently getting loose off pick and roll action and that was the main reason the Bulls were stifled the majority of the game. Granger catching serious fire in the 3rd/4th qtrs and Hansborough knocking down open top of the key jumpers were also major factors in the Pacers ability to maintain a lead for 47 minutes.

His first 2 years in the league, and even into his 3rd year, Bulls announcers and talking heads would always complain Rose wasn't getting enough calls for the amount of time he spent driving to the lane. Something obviously changed around December of this year. Sure Rose started upping his free throw percentage, but his attempts per game went up as well even though he drove to the lane just as much.

What NWH says isn't some far out conspiracy. I'm sure there is statistical data to back him up. I'm sure Tim Donaghy's book "Personal Foul" provides more insight into NWH's point as well. Who cares about this debate really? Let's just relish the stolen win by the Bulls.

Last edited by Jbi11s on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:55 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
At the end of the 1st half, when Collison drove the lane and Rose grabbed him and instead of calling the foul on Rose, the ref called traveling on Collison. Pacers head coach couldn't take it any more, flat out called the refs out on their bias and got T'd up for it. Even the announcers wondered what was going on with that play. At one point in the 2nd half, Rose is driving the lane and the ref whistles a foul and makes the blocking motion BEFORE Rose even leaves the floor to shoot. Hibbert had position to take a charge, Rose acrobatically avoided the charge. Didn't matter, the ref was already running up to the scorer's table to call a blocking foul on Hibbert.

What's surprising is that this egregiously biased officiating is happening in the 1st games of the 1st round, to save a couple of top seeded teams from embarrassing early losses.

Bills Simmons wrote:

Total FT attempts today with all 4 teams playing equally hard: 71 (Miami/Chicago), 32 (Indy/Philly). That's embarrassing.

http://twitter.com/#!/sportsguy33/statu ... 8965910528

and that's from the guy who wrote the book on the NBA. Tho Simmons is an NBA hoops guy first, he's much less an NBA apologist than a Red Sox apologist (w/r/t Manny and Ortiz et al being PED'd to the max during the '04 run).

It's like if the top seeds in the NHL playoffs got an extra couple of PP's every game in the 1st round. Then the NHL top seeds would march right on as they do in the NBA. As it is, the NHL (*usually*) goes out of its way to even up PP chances, esp in the playoffs, and let the teams decide the game, not the officials. Which results in number 1 and 2 seeds in the NHL playoffs regularly getting bounced out of the Stanley Cup playoffs in the first round.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:42 pm 

At the end of the 1st half, when Collison drove the lane and Rose grabbed him and instead of calling the foul on Rose, the ref called traveling on Collison. Pacers head coach couldn't take it any more, flat out called the refs out on their bias and got T'd up for it. Even the announcers wondered what was going on with that play. At one point in the 2nd half, Rose is driving the lane and the ref whistles a foul and makes the blocking motion BEFORE Rose even leaves the floor to shoot. Hibbert had position to take a charge, Rose acrobatically avoided the charge. Didn't matter, the ref was already running up to the scorer's table to call a blocking foul on Hibbert.

What's surprising is that this egregiously biased officiating is happening in the 1st games of the 1st round, to save a couple of top seeded teams from embarrassing early losses.

Bills Simmons wrote:

Total FT attempts today with all 4 teams playing equally hard: 71 (Miami/Chicago), 32 (Indy/Philly). That's embarrassing.

http://twitter.com/#!/sportsguy33/statu ... 8965910528

and that's from the guy who wrote the book on the NBA. Tho Simmons is an NBA hoops guy first, he's much less an NBA apologist than a Red Sox apologist (w/r/t Manny and Ortiz et al being PED'd to the max during the '04 run).

It's like if the top seeds in the NHL playoffs got an extra couple of PP's every game in the 1st round. Then the NHL top seeds would march right on as they do in the NBA. As it is, the NHL (*usually*) goes out of its way to even up PP chances, esp in the playoffs, and let the teams decide the game, not the officials. Which results in number 1 and 2 seeds in the NHL playoffs regularly getting bounced out of the Stanley Cup playoffs in the first round.

Good info man. Though Simmons has backed off his love for the Red Sox World Series winning teams.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:08 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
W_Z wrote:

nyah!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:10 pm 

Great weekend of games so far. This has already been better than that shit NCAA Tourney with only 2 days in.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:46 pm 

Horrible shot by Melo to end the game. Could of gone to the basket or had a guy wide open at the top of the key.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:02 am 

pizza_Place: nowhere
schmitty1121 wrote:
Great weekend of games so far. This has already been better than that shit NCAA Tourney with only 2 days in.

I agree. Best opening weekend in NBA Playoffs Ive ever seen. Just about every game had last minute drama and exciting finishes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:04 am 

Mr. Hernandez wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

I agree. Best opening weekend in NBA Playoffs Ive ever seen. Just about every game had last minute drama and exciting finishes

The games are fixed to hopefully prevent a lockout. Everyone is in on it. AHHHH!!!