Jesus is clutch again.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Bucky Chris wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
Carmelo not so good down the stretch.

Ray Ray!!

The offensive foul on Carmelo is a fucking joke. NBA drive me nuts.

Yeah that was a very bad call. Gotta swallow your whistle there.

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
i like the thunder in this one

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Bucky Chris wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:

Ray Ray!!

+1 trillion

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:42 pm 

312player wrote:
i like the thunder in this one

There is already a thread for those thoughts.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:45 pm 

knicks bigger draw i am guessing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:45 am 

Series Update:

Celtics lead 1-0

A true Eastern Conference slugfest is taking shape in this series. If Carmelo played even close to his caliber, the Knicks would have easily won the first game. Chauncey Billups having a gimpy knee from here on out is a serious problem for the Knicks as he was already playing the last 2 years with one leg (Hey Hey!). The Celtics still don't even look close to a cohesive unit yet, and if they advance past this round their chemistry issues will be exposed.

Key Players:

Ray Allen (BOS): 24pts, 3-5 3PT

Paul Pierce (BOS): 18pts, 4reb, 4ast

Kevin Garnett (BOS): 15pts, 13reb, 3stl

Amar'e Stoudamire (NYK): 28pts, 11reb

Carmelo Anthony (NYK): 15pts, 5reb, 4 ast

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:09 am 

Bucky Chris wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:

Ray Ray!!

Agreed. You can't blow the whistle when there is about 15-20 seconds left and two guys are just battling for position. And Pierce over-sold the contact as well. Terrible.

The 3 was nice by Ray, but that last posession was just awful for the Knicks. You can't just walk up the floor and throw up a long 3. Deng wouldn't do that...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:14 am 

d'antoni is the real problem, amare was killin it all game..so what do the knicks do the last 8 or 9 possesions? he did not touch the ball one single time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Jbi11s wrote:
312player wrote:
yeah i thought his career was pretty much over when he was hurt in phoenix, he clearly is not affected by it. he would have been my number 3 mvp vote rose 1 , howard 2

The knee doesn't work the same as it could without the injury. He missed a solid year of development as well. His ideal career statistical trajectory would have been unmatched by contemporary post players (Aside from Shaq in his aging prime years) without the injury. I'm talking between 30-32ppg//11-13rpg for an entire season. Maybe more.

I never buy into this stuff. It's the same reason I laughed at Simmons when he was "pencilling in" Durant for 34-35 ppg for the next couple years.

There's a reason noone recently has put those numbers up consistently(32-13). Cuz it's realy damn hard to do! As good as Amare is, he's not better than any post player we've seen recently, healthy or not. Not even close.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:17 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Deng wouldn't do that...

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:20 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
312player wrote:
yeah i thought his career was pretty much over when he was hurt in phoenix, he clearly is not affected by it. he would have been my number 3 mvp vote rose 1 , howard 2

The knee doesn't work the same as it could without the injury. He missed a solid year of development as well. His ideal career statistical trajectory would have been unmatched by contemporary post players (Aside from Shaq in his aging prime years) without the injury. I'm talking between 30-32ppg//11-13rpg for an entire season. Maybe more.

I never buy into this stuff. It's the same reason I laughed at Simmons when he was "pencilling in" Durant for 34-35 ppg for the next couple years.

There's a reason noone recently has put those numbers up consistently(32-13). Cuz it's realy damn hard to do! As good as Amare is, he's not better than any post player we've seen recently, healthy or not. Not even close.

I don't like hypotheticals that much either, but in D'Antoni's system, with a refined NBA post game, Amar'e would have no problem putting up those numbers. There would be debate, like there always is with up tempo teams, about how bloated the stats are. Shaq has put up those numbers. I don't think it's unreasonable. Who would've stopped Amar'e? Dwight Howard a couple times a season? That's about it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:27 am 

FavreFan wrote:
As good as Amare is, he's not better than any post player we've seen recently, healthy or not. Not even close.

Give me 5 post players who were better than him this year.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:29 am 

Amare might be the most talented offensive post player in the league, but he is by no means unguardable. Kevin Garnett still does a very good job on him. You mentioned Dwight. He's not the most dominant, or really even close, player of this generation. He is just a very talented offensive player who hopefully will get what it takes to have a game well rounded enough to win titles.

You see Rose's defensive plays, especially in the 4th quarter yesterday? He's only in his third season. Usually if players dont start making a commitment to defense halfway through their careers, it wont ever happen. There are exceptions to this(Ray Allen, Chauncey Billups).

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:31 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
As good as Amare is, he's not better than any post player we've seen recently, healthy or not. Not even close.

Give me 5 post players who were better than him this year.

Dwight Howard was easily better. Dirk was better. Kevin Love was better. I don't know if Pau Gasol was better this season, but he is a better player. You could argue Blake was better although I'd say they were similar.

I'm not trying to hate on Amare. He exceeded my expectations so far in NY, and you can see it's a natural fit there for him. But untill he starts rebounding and playing defense at an All star/superstar caliber pace, I wont put him on the superstar level. You and others can if you want.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:35 am 

Idk man. You said it wasn't even close. I think it's very close. Amar'e could be the 2nd best post player in , and would have had more if the Knicks just stayed calm and consistent on offense down the stretch. KG used to be my fav player, but these are the twilight years for him. Without Perkins down low, the Celtics are not even close to the defensive team they were.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:42 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Dwight Howard was easily better. Dirk was better. Kevin Love was better. I don't know if Pau Gasol was better this season, but he is a better player. You could argue Blake was better although I'd say they were similar.

I'll give you Dwight and Dirk qualifies even though he loves being planted outside the 3 point line most of the time. Pau had an extremely up and down season. Griffin has no post moves (Very similar offensive game to Stoudemire, i.e. Dunk ball). I'm a K-Love fan, but I don't think anyone is picking him over Amar'e.

I'm not gonna hate too much man. It's good to have as many NBA heads on here as possible, regardless of opinion. Welcome Back.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:42 am 

Are you serious? NY is what, the 2nd best offensive team in the league. Maybe the best?

They scored all of 34 points in the 2nd half yesterday. If you dont think this Boston team is still GREAT on defense, and or if you doubt their mental toughness, just watch the next month or two. I'm not even predicting them to get to the ECF but I do think they are the mentally toughest team in the league and I'd much rather see Miami as a Bulls fan.

As for Amare, you really have to be watching the games to be able to see his deficiencies, but they sure are glaring. Like I said before, he is not close to being the best all around post player in the league. He probably already is the best offensively. There's a whole lot more to do it then that. Thats what I especially loved about Rose's performance yesterday/ The defense and intangibles. Thats gonna get you out of May and into June.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:48 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Are you serious? NY is what, the 2nd best offensive team in the league. Maybe the best?

They scored all of 34 points in the 2nd half yesterday. If you dont think this Boston team is still GREAT on defense, and or if you doubt their mental toughness, just watch the next month or two. I'm not even predicting them to get to the ECF but I do think they are the mentally toughest team in the league and I'd much rather see Miami as a Bulls fan.

As for Amare, you really have to be watching the games to be able to see his deficiencies, but they sure are glaring. Like I said before, he is not close to being the best all around post player in the league. He probably already is the best offensively. There's a whole lot more to do it then that. Thats what I especially loved about Rose's performance yesterday/ The defense and intangibles. Thats gonna get you out of May and into June.

28pts 11reb 2blks? How is that not all around? I understand the arguments about Stoudemire. They are the same arguments I heard when he played in Phoenix, but the guy is super talented.

I don't buy the Boston thing. Rondo and Perkins were tight, and supposedly since the trade, the locker room has been a nightmare. They may have some of the mentally toughest players in the league, but as a whole they aren't playing nearly as well as they should be.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:50 am 

FavreFan wrote:
As for Amare, you really have to be watching the games to be able to see his deficiencies, but they sure are glaring.

I watched at the very least 2 or 3 games from every NBA playoff team this regular season. Watched a lot of bad teams get stomped too. And even some Bulls BBall when I had the chance.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:14 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

28pts 11reb 2blks? How is that not all around? I understand the arguments about Stoudemire. They are the same arguments I heard when he played in Phoenix, but the guy is super talented.

I don't buy the Boston thing. Rondo and Perkins were tight, and supposedly since the trade, the locker room has been a nightmare. They may have some of the mentally toughest players in the league, but as a whole they aren't playing nearly as well as they should be.

Overall Amare played well but remember guys like JJ Hickson and Cousins outrebounded him this season. I already agreed he's very talented offensively, maybe the best out of any big guy in the league, but his lack of defense, rebounding, touchness, etc, etc is the reason that he wont win titles in my opinion.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:54 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
he wont win titles in my opinion.

Amar'e has a 3 or 4 year window left to win a ring IMO.

Good debate. Maybe he'll end up on the Celtics when his prime is close to over. Like KG. And trust me, I know he's not KG.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:18 pm 

Game 2

45-44 Knicks

Halftime

Amar'e has back spasms. Probably not coming back. Melo or bust.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:34 pm 

50-49 Knicks

9 minutes in 3rd quarter.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:45 pm 

Fucking Joey Crawford calling a technical on a serious flop by Ray Allen.

NBA Officiating. Where amazing happens.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:45 pm 

60-59 Boston

5 minutes in 3rd quarter.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:47 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
How many T's given by Joey so far?

Just got home. Probably 3 or 4 though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:48 pm 

Knicks lack of depth is on full display.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:50 pm 

67-61 Boston

3 minutes in 3rd

Melo: 24pts 14reb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:54 pm 

He's out there... 2pts 3reb at this point.