It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:32 am 

This game was an embarassment yesterday. The defending champs did a good job making themselves look like total bitches. Nice to see them finally "get tough" when they are losing by 30 in a closeout game.... :roll:

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:46 am 

Bynum got suspended the first 5 games of next season.

I think the penalty is a bit weak given the context of when the foul actually took place. The Mavs had a 30 point lead and were about to sweep the defending champs out of the playoffs, I think that makes Bynum's actions even worse. Also, add in the fact that he was completely unapologetic following the game, along with the removing of the jersey when he was on the floor. I think he should have gotten 8-10 games.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: Ban me
I'm still in shock that the Lakers got swept. Early in the season I thought the Mavs could beat them but after the way the Lakers just abused them at the end of the year I didn't think they stood a chance.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:40 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Bynum got suspended the first 5 games of next season.

I think the penalty is a bit weak given the context of when the foul actually took place. The Mavs had a 30 point lead and were about to sweep the defending champs out of the playoffs, I think that makes Bynum's actions even worse. Also, add in the fact that he was completely unapologetic following the game, along with the removing of the jersey when he was on the floor. I think he should have gotten 8-10 games.

his pathetic "apology" alone should have gotten him 2 games. 8-10 sounds right. 5 is ridiculously light.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
HOVA wrote:
I'm still in shock that the Lakers got swept. Early in the season I thought the Mavs could beat them but after the way the Lakers just abused them at the end of the year I didn't think they stood a chance.

I am also shocked that the Mavericks were able to sweep the now former NBA Champion Lakers as quickly as they did, and I'm still in shock 3 days later after the Game 4 branding.

The one thing the Mavs need to guard against is this. It'll likely be a whole week or more between them sweeping the Lakers in the West Semifinals and the start of their next series vs. the Grizzlies/Thunder winner. Make no mistake about it. The Mavs will be heavy favorites regardless of their opponent to represent the West in the NBA Finals, but whenever they play Game 1 of the West Finals, I'd guard against a possible letdown in "Big D".

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:44 pm 

W_Z wrote:
his pathetic "apology" alone should have gotten him 2 games..

I want to apologize for my actions at the start of the fourth quarter in Dallas. This doesn't represent my upbringing and I want to apologize to J.J. Barea for doing that. I'm glad he wasn't seriously injured. All I can say is I look at it as terrible."

Whats pathetic about it?

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:19 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
W_Z wrote:
his pathetic "apology" alone should have gotten him 2 games..

I want to apologize for my actions at the start of the fourth quarter in Dallas. This doesn't represent my upbringing and I want to apologize to J.J. Barea for doing that. I'm glad he wasn't seriously injured. All I can say is I look at it as terrible."

Whats pathetic about it?

That was Bynum's apology from yesterday, which was 2 days after the game. I'm sure his agent had a chat with him and gave him a smack in the head. He wasn't very apologetic after the game on Sunday.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:43 pm 

he also delivered it like a 6th grader trying to read aloud in class.