It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lottery
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Good for the Cavs. Glad to see the NBA is still into fixing things. That being said:

LeBatardShow Dan LeBatard Show
Dan gilbert's kid doing gang signs?

Jesus. My bad. Didn't know that. Just tuned in. Had no idea he had a nerve disease. I'm now officially sick to my stomach

Post subject: Re: Lottery
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Didn't the Cavs have the worst record anyways?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Bucky Chris wrote:
Good for the Cavs. Glad to see the NBA is still into fixing things. That being said:

Dan gilbert's kid doing gang signs?

Jesus. My bad. Didn't know that. Just tuned in. Had no idea he had a nerve disease. I'm now officially sick to my stomach

That LeBatard thing is the biggest problem with twitter, thoughts get out there faster than your brain can filter them.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Wow

That made me pretty sick reading and that usually isn't my normal reaction to alot. If That doesn't symbolically represent alot of what's wrong with the rapid development of technology i don't know what does

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:

Their pick landed them with the 4th overall. The pick they got from LAC (8th best) miraculously landed them with the first overall.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:28 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
FavreFan wrote:
Wow

That made me pretty sick reading and that usually isn't my normal reaction to alot. If That doesn't symbolically represent alot of what's wrong with the rapid development of technology i don't know what does

Damn straight, I for one can't wait for some elegant implants that prevent us from being able to blurt anything out! As for twitter, once we get some sort of international standards bureau to censor such spontaneous utterances the world will be a far better place.

Oh, and why have the timberwolves pissed off the league to never get a crack at the #1 pick? Clearly, this is the league giving the cavs some love after the whole lebron debacle, but I would have loved to see the timberwolves' revolutionary 3-point-guard lineup with Jonny Flynn, Ricky Rubio, and Kyrie Irving.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:21 am 

Congratulations Cavs. You get a the first pick in the draft where there is no player worthy of a #1 pick.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:42 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Congratulations Cavs. You get a the first pick in the draft where there is no player worthy of a #1 pick.

Jujuan Johnson will play in the league, BRick....just because he's projected as a late 1st/early 2nd round pick doesn't mean you have to be so negative.....

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:45 am 

spmack wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Jujuan Johnson will play in the league, BRick....just because he's projected as a late 1st/early 2nd round pick doesn't mean you have to be so negative.....
If he can put on some more weight he can be a Marcus Camby type player but he won't have a big impact for the first few years.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: Ban me
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

That was my thinking too. Is there a can't miss player in this draft?

Awesome.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Bucky Chris wrote:
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:

Their pick landed them with the 4th overall. The pick they got from LAC (8th best) miraculously landed them with the first overall.

That #8 pick that won the lottery was also part of the Baron Davis trade with the Clippers, Bucky. The Cavs also took on about $28 million on Baron's contract. It didn't seem like much at the time, but all indications point towards Duke's Kyrie Irving being selected by Cleveland as that pick. If that's not enough, the Cavs also have the #4 pick, and it's the first time since the 1983 Rockets that one team has 2 of the top 4 picks in the NBA Draft.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:05 pm 

There might not be a #1 player but with the 4th pick also there's no reason this can't start the cavs on a Portland-esque rebuilding plan

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Plus the Cavs get to build around Baron Davis!

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:48 am 

Things are getting a little interesting...

Quote:
Sources: Cavs eye trade to add 2nd pick

Already owners of the No. 1 pick in the draft, the Cleveland Cavaliers are trying to sweeten their position by securing the second pick as well, according to league sources.

The Cavaliers are in discussions with the Minnesota Timberwolves and Detroit Pistons about a three-team trade that would give Cleveland the top two picks of next month's NBA draft.

The Cavaliers would use the picks to select Duke point guard Kyrie Irving and Arizona forward Derrick Williams, the sources said.

In the trade being discussed, Cleveland would absorb Detroit's Richard Hamilton into the $14.6 million trade exception it received in last summer's LeBron James sign-and-trade with Miami, while also receiving the Pistons' No. 8 pick. The Cavaliers would then send that pick, along with their fourth pick, to Minnesota for the Timberwolves' second pick.

Cleveland would then buy Hamilton out of the $25 million remaining in the last two years on his contract, leaving the veteran shooting guard free to sign with another club as a free agent. Chicago would be one of the likeliest destinations.

Sources say, however, that Detroit will not consummate the trade as proposed without receiving players in return. The Pistons no longer view Hamilton's contract as an albatross with a lockout potentially knocking off one of the remaining two years on his deal.

Cleveland nearly traded for Hamilton at the February trade deadline with the intention of buying him out. In that scenario, Hamilton would have signed with Chicago after the buyout. The motivation for Detroit, which has been looking to move Hamilton for years, is mainly financial.

Whether the trade comes to fruition or not, the Cavaliers are all but certain to use the No. 1 pick on Irving, a favorite of the team's front office. The club's owner, Dan Gilbert, is a huge fan of Williams and sees him and Irving as building blocks for the future.

While one of the Cavaliers' greatest needs is at small forward, Williams, though viewed as a 'tweener, is seen by most league executives as a power forward. If the Cavs draft Williams and determine that he can't play small forward, they may deal power forward J.J. Hickson, who has good value on the trade market.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:21 pm 

They should avoid any prospects from Akron with character issues.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
It's just a matter of time before Russell Westbrook leaves OKC....my guess is that he goes home to LA and plays for either the Clippers or Lakers.