It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Bernstine said the NBA playbook is as big as a phone book.SO OKC ..Bagels, RFDC who ever else thinks I don't know shit....give me your basketball plays, bet you EXPERTS couldn't make a pamphlet :lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
A Major issue with Doug Collins was him having 40 offensive plays he wanted his PG to call on any given trip down the floor.

Some of those plays are specific plays as well. Out of bounds, press breaks, full court, double team swings, double post plays when 2 bigs are in, etc.

May I ask, how many have read or seen an NBA playbook? :cheers:

I would also tell you most NBA guys read a few plays that pertain to them and expect the coaches to tell them the other plays.

Additionally, THE TRIANGLE has very few set plays. AKA Motion Offense.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:20 pm 

bigfan wrote:
A Major issue with Doug Collins was him having 40 offensive plays he wanted his PG to call on any given trip down the floor.

Some of those plays are specific plays as well. Out of bounds, press breaks, full court, double team swings, double post plays when 2 bigs are in, etc.

I would also tell you most NBA guys read a few plays that pertain to them and expect the coaches to tell them the other plays.

NBA play books are no different than high scchool or college and I have read them ..there are only so many plays.Haven't seen them ,and I bet you 99% haven't read them

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:22 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
bigfan wrote:

NBA play books are no different than high scchool or college and I have read them ..there are only so many plays.Haven't seen them ,and I bet you 99% haven't read them

But lets get down to it BF name NBA plays

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:35 pm 

pizza_Place: nowhere
But lets get down to it BF name NBA plays

Give the ball to Michael and everyone else get the fuck out the way

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:44 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
They run a ton of stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:57 pm 

Please spare me the "Pick and Pops" lingo Danny heard one day or the "Rubs" and "slips", even though I think a Slip screen is a great play rarely used. Providing a secondary screen for the initial screener. Need to gave a big guard run it, to get the pass over the defender. It's what Magic so good and in general is what I never liked about the Paxson/Skiles model. They did not value pure size. These guys are all about "Just good players" and gave no credit to bigs that might not be able to do as much as small forwards.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:13 pm 

What NBA playbook have you read?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:07 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
The first one has to be Use POWER DRIBBLE.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I was always partial to the play where Larry Johnson ran down the court at full speed and did several somersaults in the air with a flaming ball and then dunked and broke the rim to smithereens. Boomshakalaka!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: *
Hank Scorpio wrote:
I was always partial to the play where Larry Johnson ran down the court at full speed and did several somersaults in the air with a flaming ball and then dunked and broke the rim to smithereens. Boomshakalaka!

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Walt, I've never called myself an NBA expert. I'm a fan with an opinion, just like everybody else. Get outta here with that antagonistic stuff man. You just want to fight with somebody.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
In all seriousness I think each set is probably broken down into 4 or 5 plays that can be run from it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:12 pm 

I actually have a U of Fla Playbook from Noah's days and have a U of Fla's football playbook from Spurriers days.

100% sure that not one player knows every single one of the plays, especially the football plays.

Playbooks are like textbooks. The first section deals with positions, X, Y,Z, Slot,1,2,3,4,5 (For BBall) etc, then they have some basic terms that the teams will use for picks, audibles, etc.

The players rarely learn the plays before each week in football. They have classes, as to which plays they will run that week and they will use only their terminology. Same for BBall, but less plays and the system is more fluid, that if A does not work you need to know what Plan B is.

So when the Miami Heat yell "36" I am 100% sure, not anyone here, or 99% of the analyst know what that means. I do know what it means and not because I recognized the play, but because my guy told me. Lebron drive, Wade run off screen on the weakside to set point for shot. The point being, nobody knows the terms used in every teams offense.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:15 pm 

"He runs beautiful sets"

Berns on Skiles

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
I thought what he said about skiles was

He's done beautiful sets. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:28 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
"He runs beautiful sets"

Berns on Skiles

Skiles does. I think Skiles is a great coach, but I know HS teams that run the best sets I have ever seen, which is what my problem has always been with Skiles, the guy wants to run a team like HOOSIERS, "The Picket Fence" is a great set.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:44 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Skiles is an NBA guy all the way, but I've always thought he really belonged coaching the college game.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:32 pm 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Walt, I've never called myself an NBA expert. I'm a fan with an opinion, just like everybody else. Get outta here with that antagonistic stuff man. You just want to fight with somebody.

No fight, Malone & Stockon are HOF that ran the pick and roll simple and beautiful and really not that defenseable no antagonstic stuff here

I'm out.