It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:59 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Lebron will have the numbers, will have the dominance during the season and during certain games, and will get the women. But he will never win the titles he should - much like Wilt. Just does not show up when it counts. Sure he may get one or two, but never the 5 or 6 like MJ or Kobe.

Wilt always looked beaten before it started in games like the Willis Reed game and all those battles with Russell and Celts. Much like James, Wilt put up good numbers in those games (Lebron has a triple double last night), but when his team needed him, he was nowhere to be found. Hell, on Wilt's second championship, he was, at best, the third best player on that team (West and Baylor).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:05 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Wilt always looked beaten before it started in games like the Willis Reed game and all those battles with Russell and Celts. Much like James, Wilt put up good numbers in those games (Lebron has a triple double last night), but when his team needed him, he was nowhere to be found.

I never saw any of this and I imagine not many guys who post here did, but I can't blame Wilt because Russell played on a team loaded with Hall of Famers. I mean, even though Bob Cousy would have trouble dribbling through a defense at the Special Olympics these days he was pretty good back then.

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Hell, on Wilt's second championship, he was, at best, the third best player on that team (West and Baylor).

Yeah, but who can blame a guy for wanting to play in a warm climate with his two best friends. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:05 am 

Nobody was banging Wilts mom or GF

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:05 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I mean, even though Bob Cousy would have trouble dribbling through a defense at the Special Olympics these days he was pretty good back then.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:24 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Hell, on Wilt's second championship, he was, at best, the third best player on that team (West and Baylor).

Baylor retired 9 games into the 1972 season, hence he didn't get credit for winning a championship.

Although you can still argue Wilt was the 3rd best player on his team in the playoffs, after West and Gail Goodrich (ignoring defense because I have no idea). http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/1972.html