It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
With all the NBA guys talking about going to Europe to play during a lockout, there has to be one spot that all these guys are talking about going to.

I know that as a matter of policy the Italian leagues dont allow guys to leave during the season, but then again not sure how they stop them? Sopranos?

Either way, some team in some league is going to offer a bunch of these guys anything they want and then Durant, Kobe, Deron will all end up on a team! for a few weeks at least...or maybe the whole season as I think this lockout is going to be a long time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:37 pm 

bigfan wrote:
With all the NBA guys talking about going to Europe to play during a lockout, there has to be one spot that all these guys are talking about going to.

I know that as a matter of policy the Italian leagues dont allow guys to leave during the season, but then again not sure how they stop them? Sopranos?

Either way, some team in some league is going to offer a bunch of these guys anything they want and then Durant, Kobe, Deron will all end up on a team! for a few weeks at least...or maybe the whole season as I think this lockout is going to be a long time.

They would give any superstar that wanted to come play overseas an out-clause in their contracts if the lockout ended. They would make money hand over fist if a big name came and played for them, even it was just for a few months.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
On the surface, I'm taking all this talk about NBA players going to Italy, Spain, France and Turkey with a grain of salt. I'm not so sure it's all that legit, but with these pros unable to use NBA facilities as a result of this lockout, it's definitely an option to keep these players in shape.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
With the idea of "it's only a few months", you gotta figure some, if not all, of them are lobbying to leave the wives/gf's here while they play in the poon pontoon overseas.