It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jordan
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:02 pm 

Do you think he'll get any major bad feelings from this with the players? I personally think his influence among players was always overrated as it was really a relationship between a player and Nike but he's the most recognizable face of the owners that want to totally destroy the players.

If the season gets canceled will fans turn on Jordan? Will the players? Will the Bulls be able to sign Tracy McGrady in free agency without Jordan telling him not to?

Post subject: Re: Jordan
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
so...RPB, Bagels, or Douchebag forgot to log out of Panther's account...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:25 pm 

Quite naturally, I have no predeliction towards the destruction of today's players. I've destroyed enough players, certainly, for two lifetimes. Just ask Charles. :lol: ASK HIM!! :lol: :lol:

To some degree, I feel some affinilation towards today's player. Myself, undoubtedly, remembers being in the trenches with Scotty after he signed that 400-year contract that he immediately regretted in some fashion. I told him at the time, I said to him, "Stevie, don't sign that. After you watch me win a couple more championships, there will be people that will want to pay you for what you've seen."

Incontrovertibly, I was proven to be correct with regards to Sammy.

And, just as certainly, I am correct today. Unless one of these players is going to host Saturday Night Live or sell a billion dollars worth of shoes or have a former Minnesota Viking follow them around like a puppy, they are, undoubtedly, just a number.

I negotiated a $33 million dollar one-year deal as a player to some degree. I backed that up by negotiating a $36 million one-year deal. These guys are negotiating like a bunch of Scotty's. Just sittin' on the bench. :lol:

:lol: :lol: YOU TELL HIM!! :lol: :lol: YOU TELL HIM I SAID IT!!! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:47 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
So wrong.

Of course Money rules out and if the Knicks are offering $30M and the Bobcats are offering $20M, Player A is going to NY no matter who asks them.

I still contend that if MJ was part of the Bulls ownership group and served as an amabassador, LBJ goes to Chicago or at the very least we got an honest answer and "The decission" is meaningless to us.

Have heard way too many stories over the last 2 years about Jordan and his rumored presence to think that current players dont hold him in the highest esteem and respect as sorta a godfather.

His shots and dunks still hold up to todays athletes. Combine that with the fact he wanted to beat everyones ass and he did.

Flat out the guy still commands respect over every single player in the league today. No matter if he owns a team or not.

Ever heard Kyle Korver's story about meeting him? Says all you need to know.