It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: 2023-2024 Offseason
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:12 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Warren Newson wrote:
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Snell, Montgomery, and Martinez still unsigned. I heard this morning that the chatter is that Snell is insisting on 2/66 with an opt-out after the first year if he doesn't suck. GTFO with that nonsense. Especially since he is going to need four weeks to get to game ready, so he will miss the first 10% of the season.

All Boras clients... Deni$ told me he's still the best in the game.

All these players WANT to still be unsigned. Are you doubting Mr Boras has their best interests in mind?

The Giants finally caved, 2/62 with an opt-out although half of this year's salary is deferred out a couple of years for CBT reasons.

Still, if Snell rejected 6/150 from the Yankees based on Boras' advice, he should beat the living shit out of Boras.

I know we watch players play and not general managers generally manage, but part of me just loves watching the players get told to f**k off when it comes to these huge contracts.

Yep. But as soon as owners pull back the collusion screaming starts. How can they ever cost control?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: John's

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Blake Snell should have nightmares about his arm falling off. But he won't because he's been programmed not to by Scott Satan.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
pittmike wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Snell, Montgomery, and Martinez still unsigned. I heard this morning that the chatter is that Snell is insisting on 2/66 with an opt-out after the first year if he doesn't suck. GTFO with that nonsense. Especially since he is going to need four weeks to get to game ready, so he will miss the first 10% of the season.

All these players WANT to still be unsigned. Are you doubting Mr Boras has their best interests in mind?

The Giants finally caved, 2/62 with an opt-out although half of this year's salary is deferred out a couple of years for CBT reasons.

Still, if Snell rejected 6/150 from the Yankees based on Boras' advice, he should beat the living shit out of Boras.

I know we watch players play and not general managers generally manage, but part of me just loves watching the players get told to f**k off when it comes to these huge contracts.

Yep. But as soon as owners pull back the collusion screaming starts. How can they ever cost control?

It’s about time the poor owners like Jerry Reinsdorf started getting some Ws. More money he’ll surely invest in a new stadium.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
KDdidit wrote:
pittmike wrote:

It’s about time the poor owners like Jerry Reinsdorf started getting some Ws. More money he’ll surely invest in a new stadium.

I believe it is possible to not be an owner's lackey, like the players while they do not make $30M annually and enjoy a $20 ticket and not $45 for a beer and hot dog.

I am a dreamer.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
duplicate...

Last edited by Chet Coppock's Fur Coat on Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
pittmike wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

The Braves have a history of not dealing with Boras for anything other than a one-year deal. They spend a lot of money, including a lot on massive extensions for guys like Acuña and Albies which turn out to be like Scotty Pippen's Bulls extension.

Given that they are usually drafting in the 25-30 range, I wouldn't be surprised if they just take any college kid represented by Boras off of their draft board.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5