It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:20 pm 

I'm not sure they are getting out of this tailspin with the pitching they have. So when do they begin to sell?

The Sox could absorb that McCann contract with Laroche gone. I wonder what it would take to get a guy like him who still owed $17 mill per year for an additional two years. That is a ton of money but he provides lefty power at a black hole position for the Sox.

That bullpen that looked like it would be the envy of the league would now be a luxury. They could bring in quite a haul for Miller, Betances and Chapman and any of those three could change a playoff race.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
good dolphin wrote:
I'm not sure they are getting out of this tailspin with the pitching they have. So when do they begin to sell?

The Sox could absorb that McCann contract with Laroche gone. I wonder what it would take to get a guy like him who still owed $17 mill per year for an additional two years. That is a ton of money but he provides lefty power at a black hole position for the Sox.

That bullpen that looked like it would be the envy of the league would now be a luxury. They could bring in quite a haul for Miller, Betances and Chapman and any of those three could change a playoff race.

Theoretically Miller and Chapman should bring back quite a bit, but I think the Diamondbacks Shelby Miller acquisition has changed what teams want and are willing to offer going forward regarding young talent.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:34 pm 

I really wonder if you would want a guy like McCann back in the Sox clubhouse.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Regular Reader wrote:
I really wonder if you would want a guy like McCann back in the Sox clubhouse.

He's a loon...they're better off with the corpse of Dioner Navarro and Alex Avila's exploding hammys...