It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:53 am 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
I posted this elsewhere, but it deserves a topic.

It looks like Raines might get in, in his 10th year of eligibility. Bagwell is likely to get in. Pudge may be 1st-ballot, and known 'roiders Clemens and Bonds support is growing every year. It appears the electorate is changing, as some of these old fucks retire. Somebody named Bill Livingston submitted a blank ballot. Edgar is gaining support in his 8th year, have to think he'll eventually be in. Vlad is very close to being first-ballot. Oh, and they still hate Sosa :lol:

BBHOF Tracker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:08 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Apologist wrote:

It looks like Raines might get in, in his 10th year of eligibility. Bagwell is likely to get in. Pudge may be 1st-ballot, and known 'roiders Clemens and Bonds support is growing every year. It appears the electorate is changing, as some of these old fucks retire. Somebody named Bill Livingston submitted a blank ballot. Edgar is gaining support in his 8th year, have to think he'll eventually be in. Vlad is very close to being first-ballot. Oh, and they still hate Sosa :lol:

BBHOF Tracker

If steroids aren't an issue, how could Sosa not be in the Hall on his numbers? It's dumb. Either you take a stand or you don't. If Bagwell and Pudge Rodriguez go in there's no reason to keep Sosa out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:53 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I read a guy on the CBS sports page yesterday. He is a voter and tried to make a criteria and stick to it. For him, the only reason he leaves someone out due to steroids is if they got caught/suspended while the junk was illegal by MLB. His reasoning was there is no way to follow every rumor of who did, who didn't, who lied to congress, who told the truth etc. I am not sure if it is right or wrong but at least it is some set of guidelines. The HOF should just make a similar rule and make it easier on everyone to just deal with it.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:20 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Apologist wrote:

BBHOF Tracker

If steroids aren't an issue, how could Sosa not be in the Hall on his numbers? It's dumb. Either you take a stand or you don't. If Bagwell and Pudge Rodriguez go in there's no reason to keep Sosa out.

I heard someone on one of the radio shows make the argument that Clemens and Bonds would have been Hall of Famers without any junk and
Sosa got his numbers all specifically because of the roids. Weak argument really. They are just going to have to have a little wing at the HOF
and explain this era of baseball. Put Bud Selig in that wing as well as it all happened on his watch.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:41 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Also, Bud Selig is going in for sure.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Why wouldn't he? He presided over one of the most prosperous eras in baseball and by all accounts it was great. I am not sure why he is the poster boy for players taking junk.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Had a hearty chuckle at a couple of ballots that excluded Bonds and Clemens but had Manny in.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:19 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
pittmike wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Why wouldn't he? He presided over one of the most prosperous eras in baseball and by all accounts it was great. I am not sure why he is the poster boy for players taking junk.
Its in line with what Joe Orr said. Either take a stand and don't let anyone in, or look strictly at the numbers and vote based on that. Not the names or rumors.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:35 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Apologist wrote:

BBHOF Tracker

I agree with this. It is so weird to see Bonds & Clemens making these huge strides ...and Sosa not gaining any momentum. I would guess that if & when Bonds / Clemens gets in...the spotlight has to go to Sosa. I think the "roids" issue or stance against them / that era is lost. Selig got voted in and it all happened under his watch....so I think you have to go with the numbers & careers players put up. Asterisk them,...or acknowledge the period (steroids) on their plaque....but Sosa put up the number to get into the HOF. That said...I don't really give a shit. :-)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:48 am 
Site Admin

T-Bone wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Apologist wrote:

BBHOF Tracker

I heard someone on one of the radio shows make the argument that Clemens and Bonds would have been Hall of Famers without any junk and
Sosa got his numbers all specifically because of the roids. Weak argument really. They are just going to have to have a little wing at the HOF
and explain this era of baseball. Put Bud Selig in that wing as well as it all happened on his watch.

Yeah, I don't know if that's true about Bonds and Clemens either. Who knows when they started using? It looked like Clemens was finished with about 190 wins and then suddenly he had new life.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:14 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Apologist wrote:

BBHOF Tracker

Yeah, I don't know if that's true about Bonds and Clemens either. Who knows when they started using? It looked like Clemens was finished with about 190 wins and then suddenly he had new life.

He made former White Sox GM Ron Shueler look like an idiot too. Schueler said he (Clemens) was "done".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:05 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Its in line with what Joe Orr said. Either take a stand and don't let anyone in, or look strictly at the numbers and vote based on that. Not the names or rumors.

If Frank Thomas can get in, then any of the other roiders should be voted in too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
i've been waiting for this day for a long time. i've also said i'd have to make it out to cooperstown for his enshrinement. fuck. that could be tricky.

of course it probably wont happen first time (today) since he doesn't have enough WAR to be declared anything but a pacifist pussy who still lives with his mother =/

btw = my avatar comes from the baseball hall of fame. he's already in there for some VIVA [LATIN PLAYERS] shit, so they tossed in this "campaign button" from 2004 when he got his MVP the first year out of MTL with the angels.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
could not care less. hope the pace burns down.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Hatchetman wrote:
could not care less. hope the pace burns down.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Apologist wrote:
Vlad is very close to being first-ballot

WOOHOO!!! i dont wanna look during the day, i just wanna be ready to pop the champagne latter. yes, i even have champagne for this, but i guess i might as well not since i haven't incessantly boasted about it on media more social than this place.

vlad's my guy sports-wise... honestly, i didnt give a shit about SPORTS as a whole til i was dragged into a fantasy baseball league, i determined to beat out my old friend (the only one who could beat me on stanardized tests in like 4th grade and shit, now he works for the treasury dept or something) and you know, once i saw vlad bat on a july 4th ESPN game i was just like "game over, this is my guy this is my team fuck the bullshit" because it doesnt take me long to figure shit out... that this "vladimir guerrero" dude was suitable baseball-hero material.... and he never steered me wrong from there.

and yes, i won that inaugeral fantasy league. tho there was a bit of controversy because with the sept 11th stuff we didnt know if there was going to be an extra week of games in the 1st week of october (that counted for fantasy baseball, i mean) and since yer 1 was weekly changes on MLB.com you had to get your shit in.... and because of that fuck up there was some glitch that caused me to have an invalid roster if there was another week of fantasy games, and i wasnt losing the league because of bullshit like that so i found an exploitalbe URL hole (i.e. you modify some of the values in that long URL gobbeldygook) that allowed me to devalidate every other team in the league for a possible "Extra" week.... there wasn't one, but still i had to go into the next season hearing about a "Tainted victory" and etc.

so of course i had beermania 2002 won until the commish exploited yahoo's then lack of IP limits to basically cut 5/7 of his SPs every single day and bum rush the # of starts to get aggregate stats like wins and Ks in his favor, which gave him just enough to pip me by 1-2pts to win the league (cuz i couldn't do the same thing since i was leading in ERA/WHIP, a guy going out 6IP 4ER +W = not good for me, great for commish)

we burned out and never played again cuz the whole league hated me... you know, a good warm-up for going on to nas' league, telling them exactly what i was gonna do in the first draft ("if you guys are stupid enough to give me 16 keepers i'm going to spend 3 years only building my team, then in year 4 i flip a switch and unleash a juggernaught that will rain hellfire on your league for years to come") and despite them cutting down from 16 to 12 keepers after 2 years (when i accidentally stumbled into the league semis) i've managed to flip that switch in year 4 and i've won all 3 leagues in a row since said switch flipping.

i mean, hey, sometimes you try to tell people but they just wanna slag you off like you're a goddamn idiot. brb rapping.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
sinicalypse wrote:
Apologist wrote:
Vlad is very close to being first-ballot

[ huge wall of text ]

Well I hate to break it to you, it is unlikely your boy is getting in. This year. The database tracks the votes that have been made public on blogs, Twitter etc. Seeing as the old-school voters and those submitting blank ballots and anti steroid-era guys are those likely to not make their ballots public, those guys are less likely to vote for Vlad, in my estimation. We'll find out later today in any case.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Apologist wrote:

BBHOF Tracker

Yeah but the whole idea that some guy is a first ballot and some guy a fifth is also dumb. You either are or you aren't. It's not like some retired guy gets better as time goes on. These writers just love the control they have over ex-players with this stupid thing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:09 pm 
Site Admin

denisdman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Apologist wrote:

BBHOF Tracker

Yeah but the whole idea that some guy is a first ballot and some guy a fifth is also dumb. You either are or you aren't. It's not like some retired guy gets better as time goes on. These writers just love the control they have over ex-players with this stupid thing.

I agree. Either a guy is a Hall of Famer or he isn't.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
denisdman wrote:

Bingo. And this is also why they're all full of shit on the steroid issue and most merely use it to play favorites rather than being committed to preserving the sanctity of the game or some such rubbish. I loved how outraged all these old hacks got when Lebatard turned his vote over to the public a few years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:16 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Bingo. And this is also why they're all full of shit on the steroid issue and most merely use it to play favorites rather than being committed to preserving the sanctity of the game or some such rubbish. I loved how outraged all these old hacks got when Lebatard turned his vote over to the public a few years ago.

Nothing speaks more to this than Schilling and his vote total going down. Why? Because of post-career tweets? Voicing of political opinions? Basic idiocy? Hall of Fame voting is a joke.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Rubirosa
walkrman5 wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Nothing speaks more to this than Schilling and his vote total going down. Why? Because of post-career tweets? Voicing of political opinions? Basic idiocy? Hall of Fame voting is a joke.

The liberal media at it again. Look, you don't have to agree, but Schilling is entitled to his opinions. He wore the bloody sock. I mean, come on. Curt Schilling was a great pitcher and is a great American. And this is the No Spin Zone.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
walkrman5 wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Nice avatar. Ha ha ha

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Bill O'Reilly wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
denisdman wrote:

The liberal media at it again. Look, you don't have to agree, but Schilling is entitled to his opinions. He wore the bloody sock. I mean, come on. Curt Schilling was a great pitcher and is a great American. And this is the No Spin Zone.

It works better if you're not a fan of Bill O'Reilly.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Just get this over with because the entire process annoys me.

Anyone who didn't vote for Guerrero should not be allowed to vote.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:15 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Apologist wrote:

BBHOF Tracker

Im no Sosa fan but I can't understand the Clemens love while harboring the hatred for Sosa, they both were juiced up phonies that don't belong in the HOF.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:28 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Nice avatar. Ha ha ha

Go Falcons!!!! ha ha ha

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:34 pm 

312player wrote:
Apologist wrote:

BBHOF Tracker

Im no Sosa fan but I can't understand the Clemens love while harboring the hatred for Sosa, they both were juiced up phonies that don't belong in the HOF.

Bagwell? Pudge Rodriguez? Piazza is in. Others are probably in too that (probably) juiced. How do you..or anyone really know other than those that have been caught / suspended. I'm not pro-Sosa by any means. I forget...did Palmeiro ever test positive? Sosa did not officially...although reports of the "secret" testing had his name on it as one who did. Whatever....the whole thing is pretty much a joke. I'm of the believe now..."Put em all in" if their numbers & careers deserve it. If it was during the roid era ...acknowledge it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:37 pm 

walkrman5 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Apologist wrote:

BBHOF Tracker

He made former White Sox GM Ron Shueler look like an idiot too. Schueler said he (Clemens) was "done".

Was this before or after he roasted his Blue Jay teammates for being losers and who prompted his decline? Or when he was acknowledged by many as a gutless bitch who never had been able to handle (playoff) pressure having previously quit on his team in a WS? Or had lost 6-8 mph on his fastball before he & the wife went to go see Dr. Feelgood?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:38 pm 

walkrman5 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Nice avatar. Ha ha ha

Go Falcons!!!! ha ha ha

:x