It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is the better manager?
Dusty Baker 29%  29%  [ 5 ]
Joe Maddon 71%  71%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 17
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:05 am
Posts: 8303
pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Joe Maddon this year.

-Destroyed Kyle Schwarber's trade value by batting him lead off for 2 and a half months

-More horrible at challenging calls than Lovie Smith

-One of the worst managers I've ever seen at managing a bullpen

-Zobrist is still playing 5 days a week

-Kris Bryant should be batting 3rd

-Pinch hit .193 Kyle Schwarber for .270 Albert Almora against the Giants

Im sure there is more.

Honestly, at least Dusty always played the percentages with his relief pitchers, and put major emphasis on winning the series. We may not have gone on a big time winning streak with Dusty, but the Cubs were consistently winning series.

And yes, I know Dusty runs his pitchers into the ground, but at this point I have so little confidence in Maddon's managing ability. He's the guy to get you there with a young team, but idk if he's the guy that can keep you there.

_________________
Nas wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if Johnson pushed hard for civil rights just so he could whip his dick (named Jumbo) out and slap it all over Bobby.


I think it was bigger than that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:08 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:00 am
Posts: 42239
Location: Chicago Heights
pizza_Place: Aurelio's
:lol:

Tell me again how much managers matter.

_________________
They can't hang up on me here!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 28787
pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The guy who won.

_________________
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." ~LBJ


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:13 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:00 am
Posts: 42239
Location: Chicago Heights
pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I knew Cub fans would turn on him:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=96443&view=previous#p2327616

_________________
They can't hang up on me here!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 4:29 pm
Posts: 21272
Location: pittsburgh
pizza_Place: giordanos
That didn't take long.

_________________
I don't know. I will ask Jorr.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:05 am
Posts: 8303
pizza_Place: Clamburger's
They won in spite of him last year. His managing of Chapman was some of the worst shit I've ever seen.

_________________
Nas wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if Johnson pushed hard for civil rights just so he could whip his dick (named Jumbo) out and slap it all over Bobby.


I think it was bigger than that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:05 am
Posts: 8303
pizza_Place: Clamburger's
I'm 34 years old. I've been watching the Cubs on a serous level since I was like 12 or so. I learned something new this year. The manager who gets you there may not be the manager who keeps you there.

_________________
Nas wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if Johnson pushed hard for civil rights just so he could whip his dick (named Jumbo) out and slap it all over Bobby.


I think it was bigger than that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:05 am
Posts: 8303
pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
:lol:

Tell me again how much managers matter.

Managers matter a fucking lot.

_________________
Nas wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if Johnson pushed hard for civil rights just so he could whip his dick (named Jumbo) out and slap it all over Bobby.


I think it was bigger than that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:31 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:00 am
Posts: 42239
Location: Chicago Heights
pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Jbi11s wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
:lol:

Tell me again how much managers matter.

Managers matter a fucking lot.



How can they if a guy wildly swings from the best to a guy you're trying to get rid of?

_________________
They can't hang up on me here!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:05 am
Posts: 8303
pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
:lol:

Tell me again how much managers matter.

Managers matter a fucking lot.



How can they if a guy wildly swings from the best to a guy you're trying to get rid of?

He was great until he was exposed in the WS. That's the way it goes.

Like I said earlier. I learned there are different managers for the different levels your team is at. Post winning a WS.

Joe was kind of run out of Tampa Bay. MANY Cubs fans forget that.

_________________
Nas wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if Johnson pushed hard for civil rights just so he could whip his dick (named Jumbo) out and slap it all over Bobby.


I think it was bigger than that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 42113
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Jbi11s wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
:lol:

Tell me again how much managers matter.

Managers matter a fucking lot.



How can they if a guy wildly swings from the best to a guy you're trying to get rid of?

He was great until he was exposed in the WS. That's the way it goes.

Like I said earlier. I learned there are different managers for the different levels your team is at. Post winning a WS.

Joe was kind of run out of Tampa Bay. MANY Cubs fans forget that.

:lol:

This post makes zero sense

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71182
He was not run out of TB. They wanted to keep him.

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71182
I like Joe overall. Game 7 was just a terrible performance on his part tho

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:05 am
Posts: 8303
pizza_Place: Clamburger's
FavreFan wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
:lol:

Tell me again how much managers matter.

Managers matter a fucking lot.



How can they if a guy wildly swings from the best to a guy you're trying to get rid of?

He was great until he was exposed in the WS. That's the way it goes.

Like I said earlier. I learned there are different managers for the different levels your team is at. Post winning a WS.

Joe was kind of run out of Tampa Bay. MANY Cubs fans forget that.

:lol:

This post makes zero sense

How so?

_________________
Nas wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if Johnson pushed hard for civil rights just so he could whip his dick (named Jumbo) out and slap it all over Bobby.


I think it was bigger than that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:05 am
Posts: 8303
pizza_Place: Clamburger's
All I'm saying is I've lost confidence in Maddon. That's it.

At least Dusty was super fucking consistent with his tendencies.

_________________
Nas wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if Johnson pushed hard for civil rights just so he could whip his dick (named Jumbo) out and slap it all over Bobby.


I think it was bigger than that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 28787
pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Jbi11s wrote:
All I'm saying is I've lost confidence in Maddon. That's it.

At least Dusty was super fucking consistent with his tendencies.


Uncle Joe will frustrate the hell out of you and he made countless mistakes last year in the playoffs BUT he won.

_________________
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." ~LBJ


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:05 am
Posts: 8303
pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Nas wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
All I'm saying is I've lost confidence in Maddon. That's it.

At least Dusty was super fucking consistent with his tendencies.


Uncle Joe will frustrate the hell out of you and he made countless mistakes last year in the playoffs BUT he won.

He didn't win. Talent won out. I only have so much patience for 60 year old wannabe hipsters.

_________________
Nas wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if Johnson pushed hard for civil rights just so he could whip his dick (named Jumbo) out and slap it all over Bobby.


I think it was bigger than that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 15004
pizza_Place: nick n vito's
rogers park bryan wrote:
I like Joe overall. Game 7 was just a terrible performance on his part tho



Game 6 was shit too.

_________________
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Laurence Holmes is a fucking weirdo, a nerd in denial, and a wannabe. Not a very good radio host either.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 28787
pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
312player wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
I like Joe overall. Game 7 was just a terrible performance on his part tho



Game 6 was shit too.


Dodgers series and a game in the Giants series.

_________________
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." ~LBJ


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:22 pm
Posts: 4399
Location: Honolulu, HI
pizza_Place: It's gone
I like both but Joe got the ring.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:56 am
Posts: 24001
Location: A sterile, homogeneous suburb
pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Managers in baseball don't matter.

I actually disagreed with this sentiment previously because I don't think I realized how important people think they are. I assumed most people realized they are all relatively similar and that their impact is was a game or two, at most.

Lately, I've realized that people actually think they have a huge impact. They don't. And it's news to me that people actually think they do.

_________________
312player wrote:
More weird jews..smh


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:56 am
Posts: 24001
Location: A sterile, homogeneous suburb
pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Also, Dusty Baker's comments after they lost last year should be incriminating enough to prevent him from ever finding employment again. It shows that he's an illogical dude who'd rather win a pissing contest than the World Series.

_________________
312player wrote:
More weird jews..smh


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:05 am
Posts: 8303
pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Image

_________________
Nas wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if Johnson pushed hard for civil rights just so he could whip his dick (named Jumbo) out and slap it all over Bobby.


I think it was bigger than that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:16 am
Posts: 18372
pizza_Place: Aurelios
He mismanaged the hell out of the playoffs and they won in spite of him.

_________________
drinky wrote:
If you hate Laurence, then don't listen - don't comment. When he co-hosts the B&B show, take that day off ... listen to an old podcast of a Bernstein solo show and jerk off all day.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:05 am
Posts: 8303
pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
He mismanaged the hell out of the playoffs and they won in spite of him.

A lot of people hate Dusty primarily because he's black, but honestly at this point he's as good or better than Joe.

_________________
Nas wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if Johnson pushed hard for civil rights just so he could whip his dick (named Jumbo) out and slap it all over Bobby.


I think it was bigger than that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:26 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:00 am
Posts: 42239
Location: Chicago Heights
pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Jbi11s wrote:
All I'm saying is I've lost confidence in Maddon. That's it.



That's about you though. Maddon is the same guy he was when you thought he was great.

_________________
They can't hang up on me here!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:05 am
Posts: 8303
pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
All I'm saying is I've lost confidence in Maddon. That's it.



That's about you though. Maddon is the same guy he was when you thought he was great.

I completely agree. I'm done with it tho. Too cute for me.

_________________
Nas wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if Johnson pushed hard for civil rights just so he could whip his dick (named Jumbo) out and slap it all over Bobby.


I think it was bigger than that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 4:11 pm
Posts: 38026
I cannot believe that this is even being discussed.

Joe has had some awful moments, but on his worst day he is better than Dusty.

Maddon won a world series, case closed.

_________________
"He is a loathsome, offensive brute
--yet I can't look away."


FavreFan wrote:
RFDC: smart sports fan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:16 am
Posts: 18372
pizza_Place: Aurelios
RFDC wrote:
I cannot believe that this is even being discussed.

Joe has had some awful moments, but on his worst day he is better than Dusty.

Maddon won a world series, case closed.


The Cubs won a World Series despite Maddon attempting to fuck it all up.

_________________
drinky wrote:
If you hate Laurence, then don't listen - don't comment. When he co-hosts the B&B show, take that day off ... listen to an old podcast of a Bernstein solo show and jerk off all day.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 4:11 pm
Posts: 38026
Hank Scorpio wrote:
RFDC wrote:
I cannot believe that this is even being discussed.

Joe has had some awful moments, but on his worst day he is better than Dusty.

Maddon won a world series, case closed.


The Cubs won a World Series despite Maddon attempting to fuck it all up.

Matters not. He was still the manager on a team that won the WS.

_________________
"He is a loathsome, offensive brute
--yet I can't look away."


FavreFan wrote:
RFDC: smart sports fan


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group