It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
It will show 2b-1b-2b and 1b-2b-1b and keep repeating depending on how many times it happened. Kind if like with double shifts a guy might play left center and left in a game eve; if it’s over several innings vs one inning.

You can mark on a true score keepers pad where ball was fielded but good lord, I can barely read mine as it is when I’m forced to keep score. But you are right, 4-3 can mean short right or almost shortstop these days.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:54 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Say a player plays for 20 years and has batted as a Right Handed batter for all that time. But on his last at bat in his career, he decides to bat Lefty.

In the record books, does he go down as a Right handed batter because of the # of AB's he has as a righty vs only 1 as a lefty, or does he go down as a switch hitter?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:23 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
He goes down as a fucking idiot.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:37 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
bases loaded, bot 9th, one out. on a walk off hit , winning run scores, but say the runner on second doesn't touch third and the runner on first doesn't touch second. is the game over and a win for the team that just got the hit automatically when the third base player touches home? or can the team pitching throw and tag third and second and it's a double play no run scored?

I think this happened on Merkle's Boner but I don't remember. And maybe the rule has changed since then?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:36 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
HawaiiYou wrote:
bases loaded, bot 9th, one out. on a walk off hit , winning run scores, but say the runner on second doesn't touch third and the runner on first doesn't touch second. is the game over and a win for the team that just got the hit automatically when the third base player touches home? or can the team pitching throw and tag third and second and it's a double play no run scored?

I think this happened on Merkle's Boner but I don't remember. And maybe the rule has changed since then?

Run would not score if the runners at second and first were forced out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:46 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
HawaiiYou wrote:
I think this happened on Merkle's Boner but I don't remember.
Weren't you there?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Jaw Breaker wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Run would not score if the runners at second and first were forced out.

The batter safely touches first, so the run counts. Missed bases on appeal don't interfere with a valid runner scoring - see rule 5.09(d) -- Edit: It says if the third out is the result of a force play, then preceding runners don't score so I think that applies here and the run wouldn't score.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Is it prohibited to bring a pitcher water while hes on the mound? or anyone for that matter I guess. I mean it's like 100 degrees cant you give a dude some water on a mound visit? Seems like a dangerous unnecessary rule if its prohibited.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:08 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Is it prohibited to bring a pitcher water while hes on the mound? or anyone for that matter I guess. I mean it's like 100 degrees cant you give a dude some water on a mound visit? Seems like a dangerous unnecessary rule if its prohibited.

Especially if he has been out there for a while getting hit up. I remember back in my youth (age 10?) we scored 3rd row seats at Busch Stadium in the middle of July and the temp on the then Astroturf field was about 120. They played the Phillies and I don't remember who won, but my father almost got tossed from the game from riding Lee Elia so much... they were drinking beer and just sweating it all out. I remember seeing Lee step out of the dugout, point to an usher, then point to my father and then the "you're out of here" sign. The usher told my dad to calm down or he'd have to go. It was a pretty crazy thing to see at that age.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:13 pm 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxe ... 5180.shtml

-1 Earned Runs?

His career page shows 14 ERs which seems more likely.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
newper wrote:
https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/PHA/PHA191205180.shtml

-1 Earned Runs?

You're burying the lede ... that 24-2 game was played in an hour forty-five.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:25 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
newper wrote:
https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/PHA/PHA191205180.shtml

-1 Earned Runs?

You're burying the lede ... that 24-2 game was played in an hour forty-five.

I'm burying even more... this game was filled by random people the Tigers found on the street. Cobb had climbed into the stands the game before because of some racial slurs being sent his way and beat one of the fans up quite a bit (the fan in question was missing one hand and only had three fingers on the other.) AL president suspended Cobb and the rest of the team went on strike in support of him. AL president threatened to fine the team $5000 for every game they did not play, so they paid random people $25 to play in the field and $50 to pitch. The pitcher was a seminary student with no experience playing the game, but really needed the $50. After the game, the AL president threatened to ban all striking players for life -- they gave up the strike.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
How was that Baez base running play a Caught Stealing when he ended up scoring because of the errant throw? I didn't think you could assume the out like that? I thought it would have been a SB and then an error on the throw allowing him to score.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:41 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
I love that entire inning. The box score has him recording 2 outs and a run.