It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cleveland Indians
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:55 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Sox start pressing in Game 2...they get swept.
Nope.

We'll just never know because injuries happen. Sox were able to take advantage. Good for them.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
98 Yankees couldn't even avoid losing multiple games in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:23 pm 

rpb just can't help himself. "Who cares what Sox fans think! Here is why the 2005 White Sox weren't that good!".

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:24 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
98 Yankees couldn't even avoid losing multiple games in the playoffs.

Sorry, 99 Yanks better in post. 98 better overall.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
98 Yankees would crush the 05 Sux.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
leashyourkids wrote:

Not even close.

Sox may lose 1 game.

Maybe.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Manny's
I'm not sure why I read any baseball related thread..."blah blah blah, 2005"...."blah blah blah, 2016"

I say this, but I'll continue to read anyway :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
rogers park bryan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Sox won largely due to their own pitching. .

That's a pretty ridiculous comment.
Vegan = right, RPB = wrong

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
leashyourkids wrote:

lol

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:03 pm 

I hope that if I have to wait 11 years for my team to win a World Series, and it is clearly an inferior win to the Cubs win of 11 years prior, that I don't try and put down the major accomplishments of the 2016 Chicago Cubs out of equal parts jealousy, hatred, and pettiness.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

RPB, I thought we were just talking about the World Series, not the entire playoffs. Even so, I don't think it's too radical to suggest the pitching staff carried the team to the promised land. 2.84 ERA over 12 games. I think you might be dealing with a bit of an inferiority complex since an unnecessary rain delay in Cleveland was really the deciding factor in that game. Shaw was on point and the comeback had really demoralized the Cubs to the point where they started crying. I think the tears pouring down the faces of the beta Cubs players during the delay literally weighed more than any rain that dropped during that period of time, so it's really a shame that you've got a rain delay to thank for your happiness while Sox fans can bask in the perfection of a WS sweep.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:09 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I hope that if I have to wait 11 years for my team to win a World Series, and it is clearly an inferior win to the Cubs win of 11 years prior, that I don't try and put down the major accomplishments of the 2016 Chicago Cubs out of equal parts jealousy, hatred, and pettiness.

I hope I dont end up overvaluing the 2016 Cubs and saying they are better than the greatest baseball team of all time just because I'm upset that it will probably be the last World Series win of my lifetime.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:11 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

RPB, I thought we were just talking about the World Series, not the entire playoffs. Even so, I don't think it's too radical to suggest the pitching staff carried the team to the promised land. 2.84 ERA over 12 games. I think you might be dealing with a bit of an inferiority complex since an unnecessary rain delay in Cleveland was really the deciding factor in that game. Shaw was on point and the comeback had really demoralized the Cubs to the point where they started crying. I think the tears pouring down the faces of the beta Cubs players during the delay literally weighed more than any rain that dropped during that period of time, so it's really a shame that you've got a rain delay to thank for your happiness while Sox fans can bask in the perfection of a WS sweep.

Rack him

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:12 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rpb just can't help himself. "Who cares what Sox fans think! Here is why the 2005 White Sox weren't that good!".

I missed this.

You're really out of your mind today.

The 2005 White Sox were a great team with an amazing post season run.

That the 98 Yankees were better takes nothing away from that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:14 pm 

The 98 Yanks are considered one of the greatest teams ever. You people are either homers or extremely insecure (Rick).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:15 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

RPB, I thought

Here is where Sox fans always stumble.

So you're at the point of using out of context quotes?
rogers park bryan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Sox won largely due to their own pitching. Clemens or schilling don't matter there as Frank said.

Re-think that.

Im actually agreeing on the White Sox pitching being great. The ridiculous part is saying "they won on pitching, so the other team's pitchers wouldnt have mattered"

Anyway, Im cool with the fact that the Cubs title was more special to me than any title in any sport has ever been to anyone. I deserved it more than anyone and I got it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:19 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
The 98 Yanks are considered one of the greatest teams ever. You people are either homers or extremely insecure (Rick).

It's not crazy to think the 2005 Sox would beat the 98 Yankees. I know the Sox have sucked for a long time now so it may be easy to forget how dominant they were. You and RPB are clearly understating how good they were.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:20 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I hope I dont end up overvaluing the 2016 Cubs and saying they are better than the greatest baseball team of all time just because I'm upset that it will probably be the last World Series win of my lifetime.
The Sox won a World Series in my lifetime in historic fashion. It's virtually impossible to overvalue them.

Your Yankees were really good too. Too bad they lost so much more.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:21 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

It's not crazy to think the 2005 Sox would beat the 98 Yankees. I know the Sox have sucked for a long time now so it may be easy to forget how dominant they were. You and RPB are clearly understating how good they were.

So you believe the 2005 White Sox are on par with what many believe to be the greatest baseball team of all time?

I think they are a rung or two below. The only team Id put with the 98 Yankees is the Big Red Machine.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:21 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
What are you saying exactly? I think the White Sox in 2005 would have beaten any team given just how dominant they were. Why is this such a problematic statement for someone that doesn't care that much about the White Sox and gets mad when Sox fans try and put down the accomplishments of his team?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:22 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

So you believe the 2005 White Sox are on par with what many believe to be the greatest baseball team of all time?

I think they are a rung or two below. The only team Id put with the 98 Yankees is the Big Red Machine.
Of course. Why not?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:22 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

The Sox won a World Series in my lifetime in historic fashion. It's virtually impossible to overvalue them.

Actually, I believe the 05 White Sox logged about 14 more L's than the 98 Yanks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
rogers park bryan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

RPB, I thought

Here is where Sox fans always stumble.

So you're at the point of using out of context quotes?
rogers park bryan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Sox won largely due to their own pitching. Clemens or schilling don't matter there as Frank said.

Re-think that.

Im actually agreeing on the White Sox pitching being great. The ridiculous part is saying "they won on pitching, so the other team's pitchers wouldnt have mattered"

Anyway, Im cool with the fact that the Cubs title was more special to me than any title in any sport has ever been to anyone. I deserved it more than anyone and I got it.

Not using out of context quotes - you just didn't make a distinction regarding which part of my post was ridiculous. Speaking of ridiculous, you mentioned Curt Schilling as someone who may have derailed the Sox's playofff run if he was healthy. Remember, this is a 39 year old, overweight pitcher with a lengthy injury history we're talking about. He came back from the DL as a closer that year before he moved back to the starting lineup, where he sucked. I don't think that Curt Schilling closes the door on the Sox.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:25 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Actually, I believe the 05 White Sox logged about 14 more L's than the 98 Yanks.
Oh I see. This is one of those "regular season wins are more important than playoff wins" type of deals.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I missed this.

Saying the '98 Yankees were better is a lot different than saying the 2005 White Sox-- one of only two teams to go 11-1 in the postseason-- won mainly because of luck and might have gotten swept in the WS if Roger Clemens stays healthy.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:26 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Of course. Why not?

Because they werent as good? 99 wins vs 114? The Reds were undefeated in post season?

Man, I cant imagine how bad it must suck to be mad that your team is ONLY a great Championship team but clearly not the best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:28 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I missed this.

Saying the '98 Yankees were better is a lot different than saying the 2005 White Sox-- one of only two teams to go 11-1 in the postseason-- won mainly because of luck and might have gotten swept in the WS if Roger Clemens stays healthy.

I said nothing of the sort. I said, like every champion, they took advantage of opponents injuries.

And we'll never know what would have happened if Clemens stays healthy. Sox get swept? Id say probably not, but baseball is a funny game.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:28 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Oh I see. This is one of those "regular season wins are more important than playoff wins" type of deals.

Here comes obtuse Rick to completely ignore mathematical facts!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:29 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

That's a meaningless statement. Any team can beat any team in a 7 game series. That doesn't mean the '05 Sox were as good as the '98 Yankees. The Yankees won 114 regular season games.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:29 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Certainly not more important, but if you're trying to decide who the better team was you look at the whole season (obviously)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next