It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:34 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I felt their celebration was half-hearted at best.

Like a bunch of anti-social kids jumping separately on a trampoline.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
stoneroses86 wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Ovah!

Congrats, StoneRoses.

Thank you to the great Leash Your Kids. Although I did absolutely nothing except suffer severe anxiety and pace the floor like a maniac.

I am, however, very irate that the Glorious New York Yankees are celebrating like they won the World Series. These men should have higher expectations than that. This was the division round, for God's sake, not even the American League Championship Series. This is utter foolishness - you are not the Tampa Bay Rays - a team with exactly zero (0) World Series titles. What is next - celebrating that you beat a crippled man in a foot race?

"I take care of my kids!" "What do you want - a cookie?" That was said by famous comedian Chris Rock and it applies here. "We won the division series!" "You are supposed to win the division series - do you want a cookie?"

You better believe this season is a total failure if they do not at least beat Houston. If not, you better enjoy that cookie I just gave you, because it will be made almost exclusively of bitterness, failure, flour, milk and eggs.

:lol:

Beautiful.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:28 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Hussra wrote:
Free Ajent wrote:
Hussra wrote:
any city where I don't have H connections.

I'm pretty sure you can find it where ever you go if you truly wanted it. I'm not saying you do, but if someone wants something bad enough they find a way.

Good luck and hope you get better, I've lost a few friends from drugs, not H but doesn't matter dead is dead eh?

thanks, man. i think..?

connections = 2 groups of people.

it's the hookup to get the product + the group of people/fellow junkies whom you end up kicking it with/getting faded with most every night. almost all female, fwiw.

all my Chicago friends are coke fiends. so no worries there.

oh yeah, you can score any drug you want in any city. but the quality of the gear varies wildly from city to city. hardly worth it to pay $40 for a stepped on point/10th of a gram in Nashville. whereas here in Detroit, points ("folds" on the west side of Chicago?) go for ~$10 and are straight fire, not stepped on crap. I think that's why things like oxys/opanas/various opioid pills are still popular in certain parts of the country--they come imprinted with a Big Pharma guarantee of quality.

I would have guessed junkies these days are most afraid of the surprise fentanyl hot shot.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:34 am 

Hussra wrote:
oh yeah, you can score any drug you want in any city. but the quality of the gear varies wildly from city to city. hardly worth it to pay $40 for a stepped on point/10th of a gram in Nashville. whereas here in Detroit, points ("folds" on the west side of Chicago?) go for ~$10 and are straight fire, not stepped on crap. I think that's why things like oxys/opanas/various opioid pills are still popular in certain parts of the country--they come imprinted with a Big Pharma guarantee of quality.

choose life. choose a job. choose a career. choose a family.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:46 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Cubs OF does not have one decent average hitter besides Jay.

I'm interested to see whom the Cubs move this offseason,win or lose tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:07 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
W_Z wrote:
choose life. choose a job. choose a career. choose a family.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:09 am 

stoneroses86 wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Ovah!

Congrats, StoneRoses.

Thank you to the great Leash Your Kids. Although I did absolutely nothing except suffer severe anxiety and pace the floor like a maniac.

I am, however, very irate that the Glorious New York Yankees are celebrating like they won the World Series. These men should have higher expectations than that. This was the division round, for God's sake, not even the American League Championship Series. This is utter foolishness - you are not the Tampa Bay Rays - a team with exactly zero (0) World Series titles. What is next - celebrating that you beat a crippled man in a foot race?

"I take care of my kids!" "What do you want - a cookie?" That was said by famous comedian Chris Rock and it applies here. "We won the division series!" "You are supposed to win the division series - do you want a cookie?"

You better believe this season is a total failure if they do not at least beat Houston. If not, you better enjoy that cookie I just gave you, because it will be made almost exclusively of bitterness, failure, flour, milk and eggs.

GOAT

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:10 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I felt their celebration was half-hearted at best.

Like a bunch of anti-social kids jumping separately on a trampoline.

Some of them were excited but Fs1 did the show it from every player's angle thing and Brett Gardener was just jogging in like it was a tuesday in May against the Rays. It was kinda funny.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:13 am 

jimmypasta wrote:

My guy says they are in discussions with Bill Madlock and Gary Matthews, Sr.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:49 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
d Brett Gardener was just jogging in like it was a tuesday in May against the Rays. It was kinda funny.

As he should. I really don't get why baseball has Champagne celebrations for everything.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:51 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
conns7901 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
d Brett Gardener was just jogging in like it was a tuesday in May against the Rays. It was kinda funny.

As he should. I really don't get why baseball has Champagne celebrations for everything.

That is kind of strange in these days of many rounds.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:01 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

My guy says they are in discussions with Bill Madlock and Gary Matthews, Sr.

Keppinger is being monitored as well.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:15 am 

Aaron Judge
2017 #ALDS
23 plate appearances
16 strikeouts

#Padres Tony Gwynn
1995 regular season
577 plate appearances
15 strikeouts

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:11 am 

Kluber was hurt, no question.

Indians suffer an epic letdown with ALDS loss

2:17 AM CT
Jerry Crasnick
ESPN Senior Writer

CLEVELAND -- After Brett Gardner's line single to right field scored two runs to put away Game 5 of the American League Division Series for the New York Yankees, hundreds of crestfallen realists in the Progressive Field stands succumbed to the inevitable. They lugged their disappointment and dashed dreams up the stairs into the night, fully cognizant that the Cleveland Indians' streak of world championship-free seasons will turn 70 in 2018.

When Yankees closer Aroldis Chapman struck out Austin Jackson looking to seal a 5-2 victory, the Cleveland players headed down the dugout steps into a long, regret-filled winter. The season wasn't supposed to end this way -- or at least this soon -- and it was a time for a little introspection on the fly.

In Cleveland, there always seems to be a new twist on despair. Either the World Series ends in heartbreak after a rainstorm gives the Cubs the time and space to compose themselves, or an Indians team that won 102 regular-season games suddenly forgets to field or hit at the worst possible time. It all comes down to degrees of disappointment and pain.

Francisco Lindor, the Indians' wondrous young shortstop and franchise face, confronted all the difficult questions Wednesday night: When did the Indians lose their momentum? What happened to the bats -- and the gloves? How did this unhappy ending compare to the World Series loss to Chicago last fall? And why do the Indians seem to have so much trouble putting away teams in October?

Including this year, the Tribe have dropped six straight potential clinching games in October and 17 of 20 such games since 1999. That's an awful track record by any objective standard.

For much of his give-and-take with the media, Lindor lapsed into default mode and stuck to platitudes: It's baseball. That's part of the game. Hats off to the Yankees. They outplayed us.

But the look on his face reflected the growing pains of a 23-year-old kid who expected so much more.

"I was thinking I was going to be playing all the way to November 1, with champagne," Lindor said. "I wasn't thinking about doing this here, early in October. It's tough. It hurts. But you learn from it."

The Indians could have at least taken some solace in playing their best and coming up short -- as they did in 2016. But a team that won 33 of 37 games to end the regular season and two more to start the ALDS went cold in almost every facet of the game against the Yankees.

Team defense, such a source of pride this season, went south in Games 4 and 5. The Indians committed seven errors in the final two games to hand the Yankees seven unearned runs.

Jason Kipnis and the Indians have all winter to wonder why they're still at, "wait 'til next year!" Jason Miller/Getty Images
Staff ace Corey Kluber, who went 11-1 with a 1.79 ERA after the All-Star break to emerge as the clear front-runner for the AL Cy Young Award, was a pale imitation of himself in the division series. In two starts against the Yankees, Kluber gave up four home runs in 6⅓ innings and logged a 12.79 ERA. He gave the Indians everything he had, but it wasn't nearly good enough.

Skeptics had reason to wonder why manager Terry Francona would pitch Trevor Bauer in the series opener and relegate Kluber to Games 2 and 5. Kluber missed a month because of a back injury early in the season, and there were rumblings that the problem flared up again during the postseason. Those questions won't go away anytime soon.

When asked if Kluber might have been fighting a back problem, Francona replied, "You know what? I think he's fighting a lot, and I think you also have to respect the fact that the guy wants to go out there and he's our horse. And sometimes it doesn't work."

Kluber, typically succinct and stoic, declined to shed any further light on his condition. He volleyed every inquiry about his health with a vague half-answer.

"I don't think anybody is 100 percent at this point of the year," Kluber said. "I was good enough to go out there and try to compete. I don't know if I need to get into the details. I was healthy enough to go out there and try to pitch."

Even if Kluber were on his game, the Indians' offense would have given him almost no margin for error. While a lot of credit goes to Masahiro Tanaka, Luis Severino, CC Sabathia and the Yankees' bullpen, the Cleveland hitters went outside their comfort zones and lost any semblance of selectivity at the plate in the division series.

After striking out a mere 18.5 percent of the time during the regular season -- the second-lowest percentage in baseball behind the Houston Astros -- the Indians whiffed 61 times in 164 at-bats against New York. Lindor and Jose Ramirez, the team's top-of-the-lineup catalysts, were particularly ineffective, hitting a combined .105 (4-for-38) with 13 strikeouts against New York. But up and down the lineup, the Cleveland hitters appeared to be pressing.

"You press because it means so much to you," veteran Jason Kipnis said. "You press because you want to get it done. You press because you want to succeed. You don't press because you fear failure. When you press in those terms, you just want it so bad, I guess. It was just bad timing to switch off. There's no other answer than that."

The Indians' early departure hurts the most, in the end, because those exhilarating midsummer memories are so fresh in everybody's minds. They were the talk of baseball with 22 straight wins in August and September, and they were considered by many to be the game's most complete and balanced team entering the postseason.

Compared to last year, when the Indians lost Danny Salazar and Carlos Carrasco to injuries and had to rely so heavily on Kluber, they had a rotation built to win in October. Edwin Encarnacion gave them a reliable, power-hitting anchor in the cleanup spot, and Jay Bruce provided one big hit after another after coming over from the New York Mets in a deadline trade. Lindor and Ramirez were better this year with experience, and the bullpen, while down a tick from 2016, was still formidable with Andrew Miller and Cody Allen at the back end.

Now the Indians are going home and they have to watch the Astros take on the Yankees, who were supposed to be a year away from serious contention.

"It's a missed opportunity for us," Bruce said. "I'm so very proud of the way we played overall this year, but obviously it doesn't mean much when you get to the postseason and can't do the job. This team really doesn't have any weaknesses. I felt like we were a legitimate World Series contender. It was an honor for me to be a part of it and come over and experience this with these guys. This group is gonna be around for a long time."

Bruce might not be around much longer. He's a free agent in November, so he'll have something to occupy his time this winter beyond lamenting what might have been. But the disappointment is real and the pain is still fresh, and it's hard to come to grips with how quickly the season unraveled.

Questions abound for the 2017 Indians. Satisfactory answers, not so much.

"Baseball is a crazy game," Bruce said. "And I don't think I'll ever, ever understand it."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:24 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Looks like Newsweek is about to lose their Federal Magazine License.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
rogers park bryan wrote:
Aaron Judge
2017 #ALDS
23 plate appearances
16 strikeouts

#Padres Tony Gwynn
1995 regular season
577 plate appearances
15 strikeouts
finish 3rd place

I'm out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6