It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Joe Girardi Out
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
When Girardi to the Cubs was being talked about, Girardi had just put down roots on the East Coast (bought a big ass house and has a couple school age kids) and thus was never really interested in a Chicago job. Dunno what age his kids are now, but it seemed like his wife had zero interest in leaving where they currently live.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Hussra wrote:
When Girardi to the Cubs was being talked about, Girardi had just put down roots on the East Coast (bought a big ass house and has a couple school age kids) and thus was never really interested in a Chicago job. Dunno what age his kids are now, but it seemed like his wife had zero interest in leaving where they currently live.

Money talks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:00 pm 

America wrote:
So the Yankees seemed like the most promising team in baseball and now they are going to burn down their leadership because they want to be "more analytical".

White Sox should send Cashman a fruit basket. That team is headed for a doom spiral 2018.

Managers matter that much?

They are pretty young and talented.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:14 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
How do the Yankees need to be "more analytical"? They were the forerunners of dragging out plate appearances both at bat and in the field. "Lawyerball," endlessly fouling off pitches to draw walks and requiring mound meetings after every single pitch, that's all stuff the Yankees were doing under Torre.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I don't think the Nationals players are going to be excited to have captain crew cut lead them after no rules Dusty. Unless he has an axe to grind and wants to prove something by managing next year I expect him to take on some front office role with Jeter and the Marlins for a year until he ultimately manages them at some point. He has unfinished business there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Joe really wanted the Cubs job when they hired fucking Dusty. He actually told me so one afternoon when I saw him in Market Square in Lake Forest.

I'm pretty sure he'd love to be back here.

Like MANY, I've definitely soured on Maddon, with his inability to take personal responsibility for obvious mistakes and his inability to manage his pitching staff.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
GoldenJet wrote:
Joe really wanted the Cubs job when they hired fucking Dusty. He actually told me so one afternoon when I saw him in Market Square in Lake Forest.

Like MANY, I've definitely soured on Maddon, with his inability to take personal responsibility for obvious mistakes and his inability to manage his pitching staff.

I think it was the Lou hiring. Either way me and Mr Reason was the only ones on the Girardi train back then.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Nas wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

I think it was the Lou hiring. Either way me and Mr Reason was the only ones on the Girardi train back then.

Maybe it was before Lou.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:52 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
The Cubs signed Dusty after 2002 and Piniella after 2006. Girardi going straight from playing for the Cubs to managing them doesn't make the most sense in the world, so it must have been after the disaster with the Marlins.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:16 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Nas wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

I was on the girardi bus, i hated the lou hire..guy's a fuckin studdering dummy.

Last edited by 312player on Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:18 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
The Cubs signed Dusty after 2002 and Piniella after 2006. Girardi going straight from playing for the Cubs to managing them doesn't make the most sense in the world, so it must have been after the disaster with the Marlins.

He did good with the Marlins, absurdly tiny payroll and had em .500 and in the hunt for wildcard.. He won MOTY there..only fired after he told the owner to stfu and stop pissing the umps.

He had the lowest payroll in mlb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:23 am 

I thought Girardi to Washington was the smart move, If he wants to coach still then he's going to go back to Miami for his guy Jeter.