Bring him back

Post subject: Re: Bosio fired
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
The Maddon tree loses another leaf.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Silvy just said his problem here was he let it be known he wasnt a fan of all the acquisitions ( thereby upsetting Lords Theo and Jed) , especially the Quintana signing so he’s ok in my book.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Someone be a chum and just post what he said, please and thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
This is all it said in the story Bob posted. Maybe the actual comments will come out later.

Quote:
“Effective immediately, the Detroit Tigers have terminated the contract of pitching coach Chris Bosio for his insensitive comments that violated Club policy and his Uniform Employee Contract. The organization holds all of our personnel to the highest standards of personal conduct both on and off the field. We have zero tolerance for this type of behavior. The Club will have no further comment on this matter.”

Tigers general manager Al Avila said Bosio's comments were made towards a team employee.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:27 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:

Not released publcally . Appears it was behind closed doors .

100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Quote:
Brad Galli
(@BradGalli)
Tigers pitching coach Chris Bosio used racist language towards a team employee, @WXYZDetroit has learned. www.wxyz.com
19 mins ago · Twitter

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

pizza_Place: John's
He probably said he hates Jews and Latins.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:32 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
He went hard R.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:36 pm 

If the White Sox hired AJ Perchinski as manager with Bosio as pitching coach, America might orgasm.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:46 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
He went hard R.

Republican?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:47 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
If the White Sox hired AJ Perchinski as manager with Bosio as pitching coach, America might orgasm.

The poster or the majority of the Western Hemisphere?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
America wrote:

Bosio was with the Cubs org before Maddon was hired. Bosio came from the Reds/Brewers

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:11 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
America wrote:

Bosio was with the Cubs org before Maddon was hired. Bosio came from the Reds/Brewers

Shocking that America would make such a terrible, misinformed post.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: J.B. Alberto's
How long till Trump hires him to be the White House's new pitching coach?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:11 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:

He said "Cub fan's are homos."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
probly one of these borderline misinterpreted things.

this "victim" wanted to be a hero and feel powerful and get somebody fired.

People are stupid.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:58 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

He said "Cub fan's are homos."

(a)
Nice possessive apostrophe usage

(b)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:48 pm 

We really should just make the use of monkey , ape, or gorilla illegal. (For white people anyway)

Bosio told USA Today he was "crushed" and "in shock" after the Tigers abruptly fired him Wednesday and revealed more about why it happened.
Chris Bosio
A day after the Tigers fired Chris Bosio for "insensitive comments," the former pitching coach opened up and told his side of the story.

In an interview with USA Today, Bosio said he was "crushed" and "in shock" after his abrupt firing Wednesday.

Bosio went on to explain he was fired for using the word "monkey" in a conversation overheard by an African-American clubhouse attendant, according to USA Today. However, he denies using the word in "a racial and disparaging context" and insists it was not directed toward the clubhouse attendant. He claims he was referring to injured pitcher Daniel Stumpf, who is white.

“Someone in our coaches’ room asked me (Monday afternoon) about Stumpf,’’ Bosio said. “And I said, “Oh, you mean, 'Spider Monkey.' That’s his nickname. He’s a skinny little white kid who makes all of these funny faces when he works out.

“The kid thought we were talking about him. He got all upset. He assumed we were talking about him. I said, “No, no, no. We’re talking about Stumpf.' And that was it. I swear on my mom and dad’s graves, there was nothing else to it.’’

Bosio said he was questioned about the incident Tuesday in a meeting with Tigers general manager Al Avila, assistant GM and general counsel John Westhoff, and manager Ron Gardenhire. He said he didn't deny it, but explained the context of the conversation.

“I didn’t deny it,’’ Bosio said. “But it was directed at Stumpf, and the face he makes when he lifts weights. That’s it.’’

The club issued a statement Wednesday saying, "We have zero tolerance for this type of behavior." Avila was not willing to discuss the specifics of the firing, according to USA Today.

“We know what we did, and why we did it, and we’ll see where it goes from there,’’ Avila said. “The action we took was appropriate. There were things involved. But I can’t comment any further.’’

Bosio said he plans to hire an attorney and determine whether a wrongful termination lawsuit will be filed.

“I’ve got (to) protect myself someway,’’ Bosio said, “because this is damaging as hell to me. I’ve got to fight for myself. Everyone knows this is not me. I didn’t use any profanity. There was no vulgarity. The N-word wasn’t used. No racial anything. It was a comment, and a nickname we used for a player."

Bosio was in the first year of a two-year contract, but said the Tigers have not informed him whether they will pay the remainder of his contract.

Last edited by badrogue17 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:51 pm 

That is bullshit if true. Another example of the fucked up culture we are living in.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
If that's true, I hope Bosio sues the fuck out of them, and the fucking attendant.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:56 pm 

The Cubs can bring him back. Hickeys been a bust

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
RFDC wrote:
That is bullshit if true. Another example of the fucked up culture we are living in.

Yeah. The one thing that was weird earlier today was Bernsie when talking about this. He seemed to be cheering the Brewers for being swift and decisive blah blah. Odd because Bernsie could have been fired when he screwed up on boobs if management was to be like that. And odd because he usually likes his managers to be smart and measured not walking into lawsuits.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:04 pm 

pittmike wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Yeah. The one thing that was weird earlier today was Bernsie when talking about this. He seemed to be cheering the Brewers for being swift and decisive blah blah. Odd because Bernsie could have been fired when he screwed up on boobs if management was to be like that. And odd because he usually likes his managers to be smart and measured not walking into lawsuits.

Brewers?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:06 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
pittmike wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Brewers?

Leave him alone , he’s rolling

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:10 pm 

That clubhouse attendant is so brave.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:13 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
badrogue17 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
pittmike wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Brewers?

Leave him alone , he’s rolling

:lol: Yeah was stuck in my head Bosio was with Brewers before.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
We really should just make the use of monkey , ape, or gorilla illegal. (For white people anyway)

Bosio told USA Today he was "crushed" and "in shock" after the Tigers abruptly fired him Wednesday and revealed more about why it happened.
Chris Bosio
A day after the Tigers fired Chris Bosio for "insensitive comments," the former pitching coach opened up and told his side of the story.

In an interview with USA Today, Bosio said he was "crushed" and "in shock" after his abrupt firing Wednesday.

Bosio went on to explain he was fired for using the word "monkey" in a conversation overheard by an African-American clubhouse attendant, according to USA Today. However, he denies using the word in "a racial and disparaging context" and insists it was not directed toward the clubhouse attendant. He claims he was referring to injured pitcher Daniel Stumpf, who is white.

“Someone in our coaches’ room asked me (Monday afternoon) about Stumpf,’’ Bosio said. “And I said, “Oh, you mean, 'Spider Monkey.' That’s his nickname. He’s a skinny little white kid who makes all of these funny faces when he works out.

“The kid thought we were talking about him. He got all upset. He assumed we were talking about him. I said, “No, no, no. We’re talking about Stumpf.' And that was it. I swear on my mom and dad’s graves, there was nothing else to it.’’

Bosio said he was questioned about the incident Tuesday in a meeting with Tigers general manager Al Avila, assistant GM and general counsel John Westhoff, and manager Ron Gardenhire. He said he didn't deny it, but explained the context of the conversation.

“I didn’t deny it,’’ Bosio said. “But it was directed at Stumpf, and the face he makes when he lifts weights. That’s it.’’

The club issued a statement Wednesday saying, "We have zero tolerance for this type of behavior." Avila was not willing to discuss the specifics of the firing, according to USA Today.

“We know what we did, and why we did it, and we’ll see where it goes from there,’’ Avila said. “The action we took was appropriate. There were things involved. But I can’t comment any further.’’

Bosio said he plans to hire an attorney and determine whether a wrongful termination lawsuit will be filed.

“I’ve got (to) protect myself someway,’’ Bosio said, “because this is damaging as hell to me. I’ve got to fight for myself. Everyone knows this is not me. I didn’t use any profanity. There was no vulgarity. The N-word wasn’t used. No racial anything. It was a comment, and a nickname we used for a player."

Bosio was in the first year of a two-year contract, but said the Tigers have not informed him whether they will pay the remainder of his contract.

I guess Bosio could be lying. But I don't think so. I mean if other people can confirm that the white boy's nickname is "Spider Monkey" like Bosio claims, then he shouldn't have been fired. And the Tigers are dumb asses. And the guy in the club house who he was talking to can confirm it to the Tigers.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:55 pm 

Beardown wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Chris Bosio

I guess Bosio could be lying. But I don't think so. I mean if other people can confirm that the white boy's nickname is "Spider Monkey" like Bosio claims, then he shouldn't have been fired. And the Tigers are dumb asses. And the guy in the club house who he was talking to can confirm it to the Tigers.
Why would he lie with something that is so easily verified?