It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bosio fired
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Beardown wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
We really should just make the use of monkey , ape, or gorilla illegal. (For white people anyway)

Bosio told USA Today he was "crushed" and "in shock" after the Tigers abruptly fired him Wednesday and revealed more about why it happened.
Chris Bosio
A day after the Tigers fired Chris Bosio for "insensitive comments," the former pitching coach opened up and told his side of the story.

In an interview with USA Today, Bosio said he was "crushed" and "in shock" after his abrupt firing Wednesday.

Bosio went on to explain he was fired for using the word "monkey" in a conversation overheard by an African-American clubhouse attendant, according to USA Today. However, he denies using the word in "a racial and disparaging context" and insists it was not directed toward the clubhouse attendant. He claims he was referring to injured pitcher Daniel Stumpf, who is white.

“Someone in our coaches’ room asked me (Monday afternoon) about Stumpf,’’ Bosio said. “And I said, “Oh, you mean, 'Spider Monkey.' That’s his nickname. He’s a skinny little white kid who makes all of these funny faces when he works out.

“The kid thought we were talking about him. He got all upset. He assumed we were talking about him. I said, “No, no, no. We’re talking about Stumpf.' And that was it. I swear on my mom and dad’s graves, there was nothing else to it.’’

Bosio said he was questioned about the incident Tuesday in a meeting with Tigers general manager Al Avila, assistant GM and general counsel John Westhoff, and manager Ron Gardenhire. He said he didn't deny it, but explained the context of the conversation.

“I didn’t deny it,’’ Bosio said. “But it was directed at Stumpf, and the face he makes when he lifts weights. That’s it.’’

The club issued a statement Wednesday saying, "We have zero tolerance for this type of behavior." Avila was not willing to discuss the specifics of the firing, according to USA Today.

“We know what we did, and why we did it, and we’ll see where it goes from there,’’ Avila said. “The action we took was appropriate. There were things involved. But I can’t comment any further.’’

Bosio said he plans to hire an attorney and determine whether a wrongful termination lawsuit will be filed.

“I’ve got (to) protect myself someway,’’ Bosio said, “because this is damaging as hell to me. I’ve got to fight for myself. Everyone knows this is not me. I didn’t use any profanity. There was no vulgarity. The N-word wasn’t used. No racial anything. It was a comment, and a nickname we used for a player."

Bosio was in the first year of a two-year contract, but said the Tigers have not informed him whether they will pay the remainder of his contract.

I guess Bosio could be lying. But I don't think so. I mean if other people can confirm that the white boy's nickname is "Spider Monkey" like Bosio claims, then he shouldn't have been fired. And the Tigers are dumb asses. And the guy in the club house who he was talking to can confirm it to the Tigers.

So Matt Hardy is a racist because he called high-flyers "spot monkeys" according to the new logic.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

All the Detroit media has to do is ask the white guy if his nickname is "Spider Monkey". And then ask the guy Bosio was talking to if that's who he was talking about.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:14 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Has the ShitLib America reached a new low? A very good coach's fucking career is over because some little dumbass clubhouse attendant makes up a lie and cries up the chain? Really?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Caller Bob wrote:
Has the ShitLib America reached a new low? A very good coach's fucking career is over because some little dumbass clubhouse attendant makes up a lie and cries up the chain? Really?

Well someone in this scenario is pretty fucking stupid . Bosio, on the heels of Roseanne and the Netflix guy who were fired for using slurs for thinking he could call a black clubhouse attendant a monkey and get away it without repercussions or Tigers management for firing a guy without checking out his explananation OR not giving a shit about his explanation because OMG the word monkey was used within earshot of a black person .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:50 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
What motivation would he have at all for interacting/talking about the locker room attendant. With tweets/etc, you have proof, it's just fucked up that he said/she said stuff can take someone down now.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
That's fucked up.

Always liked Bos.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Caller Bob wrote:
What motivation would he have at all for interacting/talking about the locker room attendant. With tweets/etc, you have proof, it's just fucked up that he said/she said stuff can take someone down now.

If Bosio’s story is kosher , shame on every player and coach on the team then for not vouching for him in the wake of this . Maybe there’s more to it because it seems like his should have been easily quelled before it got to the firing stage .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Or, was it just a convenient out for a team that is like 2-9 in their last eleven with the pitchers giving up around 172 runs per nine innings? I listened to the Tigers game this afternoon, and the announcers barely mentioned Bosio and did not discuss the issue from what I heard.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: J.B. Alberto's
Here's the other side.

https://deadspin.com/report-fired-tigers-pitching-coach-called-black-clubho-1827241045

Quote:
Wednesday, the Detroit Tigers announced that pitching coach Chris Bosio had been let go for making “insensitive” comments toward a team employee. The next day, Bosio spoke to USA Today claimed that the whole thing had been a misunderstanding. According to a new report from The Athletic, Bosio’s explanation is totally bunk.

Bosio told USA Today that he had referred to Tigers pitcher Daniel Stumpf, a white guy, as a “spider monkey” while talking with some other coaches, and that a black clubhouse attendant had overheard the comment and mistakenly concluded that it was directed at him. The Athletic has since spoken to four different sources to dispute Bosio’s version of events. From their story:

Bosio called the attendant, who is African-American, a “monkey,” according to four team sources. The remark was directed toward the young man, who was collecting towels from the coaches’ room at the time, during a post-game gripe session in which Bosio was lamenting about a pitcher.

During this exchange, Bosio made a derogatory comment about one of the Tigers pitchers and then gestured toward the attendant before adding, “like this monkey here,” the sources said. The attendant pushed back at Bosio for the comment, and an additional team employee witnessed the exchange. Bosio was provided an opportunity to apologize to the attendant after his outburst but declined to do so, according to multiple sources.

So now we know that Chris Bosio is a racist and a liar.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
MajorKong wrote:
Here's the other side.

https://deadspin.com/report-fired-tigers-pitching-coach-called-black-clubho-1827241045

Quote:
Wednesday, the Detroit Tigers announced that pitching coach Chris Bosio had been let go for making “insensitive” comments toward a team employee. The next day, Bosio spoke to USA Today claimed that the whole thing had been a misunderstanding. According to a new report from The Athletic, Bosio’s explanation is totally bunk.

Bosio told USA Today that he had referred to Tigers pitcher Daniel Stumpf, a white guy, as a “spider monkey” while talking with some other coaches, and that a black clubhouse attendant had overheard the comment and mistakenly concluded that it was directed at him. The Athletic has since spoken to four different sources to dispute Bosio’s version of events. From their story:

Bosio called the attendant, who is African-American, a “monkey,” according to four team sources. The remark was directed toward the young man, who was collecting towels from the coaches’ room at the time, during a post-game gripe session in which Bosio was lamenting about a pitcher.

During this exchange, Bosio made a derogatory comment about one of the Tigers pitchers and then gestured toward the attendant before adding, “like this monkey here,” the sources said. The attendant pushed back at Bosio for the comment, and an additional team employee witnessed the exchange. Bosio was provided an opportunity to apologize to the attendant after his outburst but declined to do so, according to multiple sources.

What a way for his career to end. Why not just apologize?

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
MajorKong wrote:
Here's the other side.

Quote:

Ouch. Not cool or smart. Bosio really stepped in it badly. Especially after given a second chance to try and make it right? :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:32 pm 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
He probably didn't think it was racist because it wasn't actively harming him.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:35 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
He probably didn't think it was racist because it wasn't actively harming him.

Still waiting for you to call out Kirkwood racism cop. Or should I say selectively uses racism to attack people he doesn't like cop.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:37 pm 

Can I get a link?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:55 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Can I get a link?

You need to get on this. Start shaming.

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=110127&start=6000

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:10 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Can I get a link?

Why should I?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:13 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Can I get a link?

Why should I?

You are a complete hypocrite and a phony. You aren't offended by racism. You use faux offense to act like an asswipe towards people you don't like. And you are hardly the only one.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:44 pm 

What was racist there?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:48 pm 

This is why you have no credibility.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:55 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:00 pm 

Idiots often are.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:08 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:08 am 

What was racist that Kirkwood said? Please educate me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:10 am 

Kirkwood said Monkey see, Monkey do.

WFR thinks that if Monkey is off limits for some, it's off limits for all.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:14 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Kirkwood said Monkey see, Monkey do.

WFR thinks that if Monkey is off limits for some, it's off limits for all.
This is the third thread he has mentioned it in. I hope he has a better explanation than that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:15 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I said Democrats are actually like children because Trump is successful by acting like an infant. Monkey see, monkey do.

Now WaitingForRuffcorn is having a JLN meltdown over it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:43 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I said Democrats are actually like children because Trump is successful by acting like an infant. Monkey see, monkey do.

Sounds like an entry in the trigger the sensitive thread!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:54 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

You literally made the same comparison as Roseanne, which Rick found so offensive and hurtful.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:55 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Sounds like an entry in the trigger the sensitive thread!

Awesome. You can brag about how you fought racism in your mom's group now over some unoaked Chardonnay.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:59 am 

You literally made the same comparison as Roseanne, which Rick found so offensive and hurtful.

Why won't you answer? How is literally the same comparison?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next