It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Caller Bob wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Riddle me this..pennant race...you have bases loaded, RHP on the mound, (he's only faced two batters so far)...two outs...Yelich coming up to bat..you got a LHP in the bullpen with very good numbers against him, what's going to stop a team from having that pitcher take a "dive" so you can bring in your LHP?

A new rule next year. It will be OK Bob. Not the end of the world.

They "half-made" a rule. No ump is going to say "suck it up buttercup" to a pitcher otherwise they could get sued. A mandatory DL trip could help, but if that pitcher is eligible the next day teams are going to exploit the shit out of this.

The pitcher who is being told to fake an injury may have something to say about that

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Nardi wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
were it me, I'd reduce pitchers to 12 and nix the three batter rule. Otherwise I think its "OK."

The slow speed of the game is tied to 2 specific problems 1. commericals 2. too many bullpen changes. Impacting number 2 can only really be addressed by the number of pitchers on the roster. Period.

Bullpens arms are being destroyed as is. Reducing pitchers suddenly doesn't give managers pause on overuse.

Maybe....but if you run out of pitchers, that stops the constant substitutions.

Just telling it like it is. this era of using 6 relievers in each game is BAD.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Riddle me this..pennant race...you have bases loaded, RHP on the mound, (he's only faced two batters so far)...two outs...Yelich coming up to bat..you got a LHP in the bullpen with very good numbers against him, what's going to stop a team from having that pitcher take a "dive" so you can bring in your LHP?

They "half-made" a rule. No ump is going to say "suck it up buttercup" to a pitcher otherwise they could get sued. A mandatory DL trip could help, but if that pitcher is eligible the next day teams are going to exploit the shit out of this.

The pitcher who is being told to fake an injury may have something to say about that

Fringe players are told this all the time...DL trips are made up for roster juggling.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Caller Bob wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Yes, there should be an automatic 3- or 5-day IL stint tied to the new rule. Otherwise, it will be a total joke.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:46 am 

BigW72 wrote:
Nardi wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
were it me, I'd reduce pitchers to 12 and nix the three batter rule. Otherwise I think its "OK."

The slow speed of the game is tied to 2 specific problems 1. commericals 2. too many bullpen changes. Impacting number 2 can only really be addressed by the number of pitchers on the roster. Period.

Bullpens arms are being destroyed as is. Reducing pitchers suddenly doesn't give managers pause on overuse.

Maybe....but if you run out of pitchers, that stops the constant substitutions.

Just telling it like it is. this era of using 6 relievers in each game is BAD.

It's the worst thing about the game.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:47 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The way to do it is to go back to the 15 day DL, and have the 7 day DL for concussion protocol only.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:47 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Yes, there should be an automatic 3- or 5-day IL stint tied to the new rule. Otherwise, it will be a total joke.

Maybe. We shall see.
Hey, something to look forward to.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:52 am 

I promise you.. if you have a reliever on the mound(middle of the road pen guy, not a stud) and he's only faced two batters..with a horrific matchup coming up, that pitcher is taking a dive. You will all see...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:56 am 

A better rule would have been, no breaks whatsoever for a pitching change. You can swap all you want but plan ahead with getting your guys warmed up....the new pitcher sprints to the mound and you go.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:00 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
A better rule would have been, no breaks whatsoever for a pitching change. You can swap all you want but plan ahead with getting your guys warmed up....the new pitcher sprints to the mound and you go.

I don't care about time. I care about relief pitchers being up and throwing 5 times a week. They baby starters and abuse relievers. It's got to stop.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Make the reliever sprint around the bases twice before he throws a pitch.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Go the way of softball 2 strikes your out 3 balls a walk

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
So reading the rule about three batters, it appears that you don't have to start the first AB. So if the outgoing pitcher goes 3-0 on the last batter, the new pitcher can come in, throw an obvious ball 4, and have to only face two more batters.

I would put the over/under on Joe Maddon doing that as May 10.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
They are going to ruin baseball with arbitrary rules, but ML managers deserve it because they are making regular season games unwatchable.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:54 am 

denisdman wrote:
They are going to ruin baseball with arbitrary rules, but ML managers deserve it because they are making regular season games unwatchable.

Yep.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Douchebag wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Yep.

Both of you right as well as many up thread. Whether the rule is good or bad the powers needed to show the managers that the specialty crap all game not just at the end had to stop. 7 pitchers a game and worse 3 in an inning is just shit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:12 am 
100000 CLUB

I can understand it in the playoffs.

When its the 85 loss Sox against the 101 loss Tigers in early September, and Gardy and Ricky and prancing out to the mound every other hitter, its bullshit.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:49 am 

denisdman wrote:

Baseball has like 500 arbitrary rules. One more won't ruin it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7