It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
 Post subject: Re: 2019 Playoffs
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
One Post wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
This has been a fantastic series.

I have to disagree. The series obviously went to 7 games, but most of the games have not gone down to the wire, one of the teams has almost always pulled away. Best series this decade for my money: 2011 Cardinals v. Rangers, 2014 Giants v. Royals, and 2016 Cubs v. Indians.

Astros - Dodgers was the best of this decade. Game 7 was anticlimactic but on the whole, best series.

Cardinals v. Rangers had the Cardinals going down to the last strike multiple times before coming back and winning. Giants v. Royals had that memorable game 7 relief appearance by Bumgarner and K.C. almost pulling it out in the bottom of the ninth. We all know what happened in 2016. I don't recall 2017 having any of that. It was a good series, but it belongs on the tier with this year's series, just below the ones I mentioned.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:38 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
There have been a ton of great World Series this decade. Only Royals-Mets and Red Sox-Dodgers stand out as stinkers, and the former gets away with it because it was the longtime-buttmonkey Royals actually kicking ass.

It has been a better than average decade for the World Series. However, I would swap out Red Sox v. Dodgers for Giants v. Tigers on your list of stinkers.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:31 pm 

Warren Newson wrote:
One Post wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

I have to disagree. The series obviously went to 7 games, but most of the games have not gone down to the wire, one of the teams has almost always pulled away. Best series this decade for my money: 2011 Cardinals v. Rangers, 2014 Giants v. Royals, and 2016 Cubs v. Indians.

Astros - Dodgers was the best of this decade. Game 7 was anticlimactic but on the whole, best series.

Cardinals v. Rangers had the Cardinals going down to the last strike multiple times before coming back and winning. Giants v. Royals had that memorable game 7 relief appearance by Bumgarner and K.C. almost pulling it out in the bottom of the ninth. We all know what happened in 2016. I don't recall 2017 having any of that. It was a good series, but it belongs on the tier with this year's series, just below the ones I mentioned.

Were you in a coma in 2017?

Game 1 was a nail biting pitching duel between Kershaw and Keuchel.
Game 2 went 11 innings with the Astros scoring single runs in the 8th and 9th innings to the the game. The Astros scored two in the 10th to take a lead and the Dodgers scored two to tie in the bottom of the 10th. The Astros scored in the 11th to win it.
Game 4 was 1-1 in the ninth when the Dodgers broke it open to win.
Game 5 was bonkers, literally bonkers. My words could not do it justice. Look it up, fucking bonkers.
Game 6 was a nail biting 3-1 pitchers duel.

Like I said in my first post, Game 7 was a dud, but the series as a whole was th best in the decade. I’m sorry you didn’t watch closely at the time or only care about Game 7, but that 2017 series was a classic. Don’t take my word for it, look it up read about it for yourself.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:50 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
One Post wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
One Post wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

Game 2 went 11 innings with the Astros scoring single runs in the 8th and 9th innings to the the game. The Astros scored two in the 10th to take a lead and the Dodgers scored two to tie in the bottom of the 10th. The Astros scored in the 11th to win it.
Game 5 was bonkers, literally bonkers. My words could not do it justice. Look it up, fucking bonkers.

Like I said in my first post, Game 7 was a dud, but the series as a whole was th best in the decade. I’m sorry you didn’t watch closely at the time or only care about Game 7, but that 2017 series was a classic. Don’t take my word for it, look it up read about it for yourself.

agreed, 2017 was great. Lot of offense, punching and counterpunching.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:22 pm 

One Post wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
One Post wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

To answer your question, I wasn't. Although, you're not the first one accusing me of being brain dead. That being said, as you might recall from an earlier post, I said your series was good, I just don't think it was great. And yes, Game 7 is a big deal to me. Your series didn't have it. Therefore, I think the series I highlighted were better than yours. You have given me a whole bunch of reasons why you like your series, but you haven't explained to me why the ones I like were bad or worse than yours.

Also, I don't like high scoring post season games. Therefore, I'm predisposed not to like your Game 2 and your Game 5, 13 to 12 is a football score.

You're an Astros fan. Therefore, it makes sense that you were living and dying on every pitch. If I were you, I suspect I'd feel the same way. However, for someone who is a baseball fan, but hasn't had any rooting interest in any series this decade (thank you very much White Sox), I think I approach this subject with a certain level of detachment. As a detached fan, I just found the other series I highlighted more enjoyable.

You had a good and memorable win in 2017 and I'm sorry for your loss this year. You're in a good spot going forward, enjoy your team.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Cancel Kurt Suzuki

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
First the Nazis. Now the Japanese.

Trump putting the band back together!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Terry's Peeps wrote:

:lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:41 pm 

Warren Newson wrote:
One Post wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
One Post wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

To answer your question, I wasn't. Although, you're not the first one accusing me of being brain dead. That being said, as you might recall from an earlier post, I said your series was good, I just don't think it was great. And yes, Game 7 is a big deal to me. Your series didn't have it. Therefore, I think the series I highlighted were better than yours. You have given me a whole bunch of reasons why you like your series, but you haven't explained to me why the ones I like were bad or worse than yours.

Also, I don't like high scoring post season games. Therefore, I'm predisposed not to like your Game 2 and your Game 5, 13 to 12 is a football score.

You're an Astros fan. Therefore, it makes sense that you were living and dying on every pitch. If I were you, I suspect I'd feel the same way. However, for someone who is a baseball fan, but hasn't had any rooting interest in any series this decade (thank you very much White Sox), I think I approach this subject with a certain level of detachment. As a detached fan, I just found the other series I highlighted more enjoyable.

You had a good and memorable win in 2017 and I'm sorry for your loss this year. You're in a good spot going forward, enjoy your team.

Uh, I'm a Cubs fan there bud.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:45 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Nardi wrote:
Cancel Kurt Suzuki

Grab 'em by the Suzuki!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:06 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Terry's Peeps wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:05 am 

Hussra wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

When Vesuvius blew, The US sent aid and comfort to the Pompeiians.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:11 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Nardi wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

But only after Emperor Titus dug up some dirt on the Bidens.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:14 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

But only after Emperor Titus dug up some dirt on the Bidens.

WTF??? Biden was just barely born.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:28 am 

The Italians weren't with us at Normandy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:31 am 

good dolphin wrote:
The Italians weren't with us at Normandy

Small blip within the 2 millenniums.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:59 pm 

Warren Newson wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
There have been a ton of great World Series this decade. Only Royals-Mets and Red Sox-Dodgers stand out as stinkers, and the former gets away with it because it was the longtime-buttmonkey Royals actually kicking ass.

It has been a better than average decade for the World Series. However, I would swap out Red Sox v. Dodgers for Giants v. Tigers on your list of stinkers.

The Cardinals and Red Sox was a stinker too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20