It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who would you rather have in 2020
Baez 59%  59%  [ 23 ]
Moncada 41%  41%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 39
 Post subject: Re: Baez or Moncada
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:11 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
FavreFan wrote:
But this isn’t a meatball argument. If you compare their age 24 seasons it’s clear who the better player was. Maybe I don’t value defense enough but Moncada was clearly a FAR SUPERIOR offensive player last year. He’s 3 years younger. He’s seemingly getting better. Baez is seemingly not.

It stands to reason Moncada would be the better player next year.

Moncada was far superior to Baez?
Dude. He had one good year. Slow down. For gods sake. You sound like jorr suckin on Palkas pecker.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:12 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Darkside wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Whatever man. You ain't getting to me with cheap shit like that. You're a meatball fan. Embrace it.

I’ve never denied it. I just found the exhausting label funny and it reminded me of Julie.

Meatball fans > non-meatball fans. It’s part of the fun of sports.

Well... the way you boot lick your teams players though. It remins me of an 11 year old. Do you have these guys posters on your wall?

You’d be hard pressed to find a Sox fan poster here who’s been more critical of the team recently so try again.

I’ve explained my reasoning behind thinking Yoan is better. This a dumb thread for you to try this nonsense.

Yeah your poll is really showing it too.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Darkside wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
But this isn’t a meatball argument. If you compare their age 24 seasons it’s clear who the better player was. Maybe I don’t value defense enough but Moncada was clearly a FAR SUPERIOR offensive player last year. He’s 3 years younger. He’s seemingly getting better. Baez is seemingly not.

Dude. He had one good year. Slow down. For gods sake. You sound like jorr suckin on Palkas pecker.

Read better

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:13 pm 

Darkside wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Darkside wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Whatever man. You ain't getting to me with cheap shit like that. You're a meatball fan. Embrace it.

I’ve never denied it. I just found the exhausting label funny and it reminded me of Julie.

Well... the way you boot lick your teams players though. It remins me of an 11 year old. Do you have these guys posters on your wall?

You’d be hard pressed to find a Sox fan poster here who’s been more critical of the team recently so try again.

I’ve explained my reasoning behind thinking Yoan is better. This a dumb thread for you to try this nonsense.

Lol. Have fun with the “what’s popular is right” argument.

Luckily we can revisit this.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:15 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Darkside wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Read better

Ok. Resorting to the you're dumb argument. Do you really believe that I'm dumb or I don't read well?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:15 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Darkside wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Darkside wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Lol. Have fun with the “what’s popular is right” argument.

Luckily we can revisit this.

What's popular? Dude you started this thread for popular justification for your idea!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:16 pm 

Darkside wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Darkside wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Read better

Ok. Resorting to the you're dumb argument. Do you really believe that I'm dumb or I don't read well?

I don’t believe you read that post well or if you did you’re being intentionally dishonest. Which is it?

Now if you want to quote what I actually said we can continue. :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:22 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Darkside wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Darkside wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Read better

I don’t believe you read that post well or if you did you’re being intentionally dishonest. Which is it?

Now if you want to quote what I actually said we can continue. :lol:

You're going to hang onto the fact that at a certain age he had a better year?
Look dude, I believe, especially in baseball, in consistancy. Baez has been fairly consistent, especially on a team with very high expectations. Your guy had a good year after what, 2 full years of ass and 1 year of nada with another team?
We'll see if he holds up. Maybe he will. If so good for him.
I know what Baez will do. And even with if they both have similar offensive numbers next year I'd still want Baez for his defense over moncada.
Now of course they dont at the same position so the initial idea behind this thread and poll is silly. But even so, baseball in the NL is more than see ball hit ball.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:26 pm 

Baez hasn’t been consistent at all. He’s a wildly inconsistent player. Moncada, like I said, was the far superior offensive player, he’s 3 years younger, he looked great at 3rd this past year and he has the prospect pedigree and has displayed all the potential and tools to suggest he’s going to continue being great. It looks like a solid bet he’s going to be better than Baez offensively again and considering everything else it also seems like a solid bet he will be better overall and continue to be.

That’s the beauty of this type of medium. We can revisit this and I’m sure we will.

But the exhausting shit was nonsense and you know it. Don’t have the arrogance to think you’re going to tell other posters who have been here over a dozen years how to post.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:29 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Baez hasn’t been consistent at all. He’s a wildly inconsistent player. Moncada, like I said, was the far superior offensive player, he’s 3 years younger, he looked great at 3rd this past year and he has the prospect pedigree and has displayed all the potential and tools to suggest he’s going to continue being great. It looks like a solid bet he’s going to be better than Baez offensively again and considering everything else it also seems like a solid bet he will be better overall and continue to be.

That’s the beauty of this type of medium. We can revisit this and I’m sure we will.

But the exhausting shit was nonsense and you know it. Don’t have the arrogance to think you’re going to tell other posters who have been here over a dozen years how to post.

What is this silly trend so many have of accusing people of telling others how to post? No one told you how to post.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:34 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Oh and his stats for the last three years have been far from wildly inconsistent.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:34 pm 

Darkside wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

What is this silly trend so many have of accusing people of telling others how to post? No one told you how to post.

If you keep saying dumb thing then you can’t keep asking me if I think you’re dumb.

It’s implied with saying my meatballism is exhausting while wrongly saying I boot lick for the Sox too much.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:36 pm 

Darkside wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Oh and his stats for the last three years have been far from wildly inconsistent.

Oh ok.

OPS of

Very consistent. My fault.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:37 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Darkside wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

If you keep saying dumb thing then you can’t keep asking me if I think you’re dumb.

It’s implied with saying my meatballism is exhausting while wrongly saying I boot lick for the Sox too much.

Ok millenial.
No one told you not to post a poll. Alls I'm saying is you posted a poll hoping for validation, you didnt get it, suddenly your poll results didnt matter.
It's kind of funny.
Anyway we'll see. This season is going to be fucking fascinating. I honestly can't wait. Although, truth be told, the cubs probably won't be very good this year.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:39 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Darkside wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Oh ok.

OPS of

That's that terribly inconsistent. And you cherry picked the most varied stat.
OBP 317 326 316.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:39 pm 

For validation? :lol:

You really are an idiot.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:40 pm 

Darkside wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Darkside wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Oh ok.

OPS of

OBP 317 326 316.

:lol:

That’s not the pro-Baez argument you think it is.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:43 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

You really are an idiot.

Oh.

FavreFan wrote:
It's Moncada, right?

Yeah. Not the words of a guy looking for validation.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:44 pm 

Darkside wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You really are an idiot.

Oh.

FavreFan wrote:
It's Moncada, right?

Selectively quoting. Like I said, you’re either dumb or dishonest, your choice amigo. I can see both.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:44 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Darkside wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Darkside wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Oh ok.

OPS of

OBP 317 326 316.

That’s not the pro-Baez argument you think it is.

I didnt say it was pro baez. I said baez has been fairly consistent. He has been.
Like yall say about Quintana. You know what you're getting.
I know baez ain't gonna walk much.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:45 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Darkside wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You really are an idiot.

Oh.

FavreFan wrote:
It's Moncada, right?

Selectively quoting. Like I said, you’re either dumb or dishonest, your choice amigo. I can see both.

Selective quoting? It was your first post! You posted this poll for validation.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:48 pm 

Darkside wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Darkside wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You really are an idiot.

Oh.

FavreFan wrote:
It's Moncada, right?

Selectively quoting. Yes, that’s what you did. By purposely omitting the reason I started the poll. That would be a dumb thing to lie about. This question really didn’t matter that much to me but I thought most folks would be sensible and say Moncada. We’ll see how this looks a year from now.

I’ll go with intentionally dishonest since I know you know what selectively quoted means in the context of this exchange.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:54 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Darkside wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Darkside wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You really are an idiot.

Oh.

FavreFan wrote:
It's Moncada, right?

Selectively quoting. Yes, that’s what you did. By purposely omitting the reason I started the poll. That would be a dumb thing to lie about. This question really didn’t matter that much to me but I thought most folks would be sensible and say Moncada. We’ll see how this looks a year from now.

I’ll go with intentionally dishonest since I know you know what selectively quoted means in the context of this exchange.

Did you not start the poll because you had a disagreement a coworker over who would have a better year and you wanted your opinion validated by a poll? Who are you crapping?
But your poll didnt turn out the way you wanted. So "what's popular" isnt right necessarily.

Cmon man. Talk about dishonesty.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:59 pm 

You seem confused which isn’t unusual for you.

My coworker sits by me and knows about this site. It got brought up in conversation and I thought Moncada was of course the better player going forward. He disagreed and said he thinks most folks would say Baez and told me to ask on here. I did. I thought despite the larger number of Cub fans in here Moncada would easily win. I was wrong on that. I underestimated the amount of cub fans who would respond like denis did right away.

I’m quite confident Moncada will be better next year and like I said, the great part of this medium is how easy it will be to look back on this.

The only dishonest person in this thread has been you, who twice has tried to quote me without the full quote to assert a point that was clearly ridiculous. It’s a pattern with you going back awhile now so I’m not saying I’m surprised.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:05 am 

FavreFan wrote:

My coworker sits by me and knows about this site. It got brought up in conversation and I thought Moncada was of course the better player going forward. He disagreed and said he thinks most folks would say Baez and told me to ask on here. I did. I thought despite the larger number of Cub fans in here Moncada would easily win. I was wrong on that. I underestimated the amount of cub fans who would respond like denis did right away.

I’m quite confident Moncada will be better next year and like I said, the great part of this medium is how easy it will be to look back on this.

The only dishonest person in this thread has been you, who twice has tried to quote me without the full quote to assert a point that was clearly ridiculous. It’s a pattern with you going back awhile now so I’m not saying I’m surprised.

"Not surprised"
"Dishonest"
"Its a pattern"
"You really are an idiot"

Did LTG steal your login?

You're busted. You wanted validation for your point. If your coworker pal was familiar with the site and really wanted our opinion memberships are free.

You won't win many arguments by calling people stupid. By your age I would have assumed you would have learned that by now. I'm not dumb. I've demonstrated that over the years and you know that. Let's not bring this to a 7th grade level. We're both better than that.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:07 am 

After I said you were an idiot I concluded you’re dishonest instead and I illustrated how and this last post of yours is just more evidence of it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
FavreFan wrote:
After I said you were an idiot I concluded you’re dishonest instead and I illustrated how and this last post of yours is just more evidence of it.
Hows the dry January going? :drunken:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
FF picking them up and laying 'em down in this thread.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
FavreFan wrote:

This is the poster of the year, friends. I'll have to bump this during March Madness.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:36 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Oh look, Juiced appears to drop his dumbassness into another Sox thread.

Like a moth to a flame.

It's a Baez or Moncada thread. Can't help that idiot Sox fans post so many stupid threads.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next