It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:45 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
in 2000 against the Yankees, Al Leiter threw 141 pitches in a World Series game. Before coming out in the 9th.

Now a guy gives up a hit in the 4th and he gets yanked. Pitchers were tougher then. And managers liked that toughness.

So what changed? Why dont managers trust their starters anymore? Why do they bully their starters out of games? Perfect example: Maddon taking the Professor out in Game 7 in the 3rd inning or some shit when he hadnt given up a run.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:40 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
whistler wrote:
in 2000 against the Yankees, Al Leiter threw 141 pitches in a World Series game. Before coming out in the 9th.

Now a guy gives up a hit in the 4th and he gets yanked. Pitchers were tougher then. And managers liked that toughness.

So what changed? Why dont managers trust their starters anymore? Why do they bully their starters out of games? Perfect example: Maddon taking the Professor out in Game 7 in the 3rd inning or some shit when he hadnt given up a run.

You sucked off too many dogs. That's why pitchers are all pussies today.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
'68 Series, Bob Gibson goes all 9 in outdueling 31 game winner Denny McClain in Games 1 and 4.
Unfortunately for Gibson and the Cardinals, he faced off against tubby right-handed southpaw Mickey Lolich in game 7. Both guys pitch all 27 innings in their 3 starts, Gibson 2-1, Lolich 3-0. Gibson with better advanced stats (identical ERA's tho), Lolich and Detroit took home the final W:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
When men were men.

MAGA!!

Fuck soy boys and cucks

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
There. Now this thread feels complete

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
whistler wrote:

FS1 has a show about the 2000 WS Mets/Yankees Subway series. it was a NY ass kissing puke fest but I did like the baseball part of it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
HawaiiYou wrote:
whistler wrote:

FS1 has a show about the 2000 WS Mets/Yankees Subway series. it was a NY ass kissing puke fest but I did like the baseball part of it.

I saw it. Great show. And New York is great. Weird to see my contemporaries like Cone, Bernie, Leiter look like old men.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:08 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
whistler wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
whistler wrote:

I saw it. Great show. And New York is great. Weird to see my contemporaries like Cone, Bernie, Leiter look like old men.

ya i was surprised they got Clemens too. And this was the first time he actually talked about Mike Pizzaza anywhere. I still think he's full of shit saying he thought it was the ball and threw it at him. if it was the ball why would you throw the ball at the runner? you would throw it to first base.