It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Kim Ng
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Crick Ramp wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
She wouldn't have made the Q trade.

That trade really did make sense at the time.

When he was acquired, the window appeared wide open, the friendliness of the financials, and having Hendricks, Lester and Jake on the staff made it seem like adding Q was ideal.

Chatwood completely shitting the bed as a starter, in hindsight, now makes Q’s mediocrity seem like a complete bust considering what was given up.

But at the time...it made sense

I mean if you want to say adding an innings eating .500 pitcher in exchange for what most people were saying was a cant miss prospect made sense thats on you.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Dorks

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
badrogue17 wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

When he was acquired, the window appeared wide open, the friendliness of the financials, and having Hendricks, Lester and Jake on the staff made it seem like adding Q was ideal.

Chatwood completely shitting the bed as a starter, in hindsight, now makes Q’s mediocrity seem like a complete bust considering what was given up.

I mean if you want to say adding an innings eating .500 pitcher in exchange for what most people were saying was a cant miss prospect made sense thats on you.

I’m not trying to split hairs here. But you’re evaluating the move based on the results. And hey, that is completely fair. The trade failed based on the results and it’s a results oriented business. So, your point of view is not wrong.

But, at the time, in 2017 Theo was adding a proven number 2-3 starter to a rotation that included the reigning ERA winner (Hendricks), Arietta, Lester and an offense that hadn’t yet revealed itself as being incompetent.

The move made sense at the time is all I’m saying. Shit, if the We knew the cubs offense was going to be DOA in the post season for years to come, adding Johnson and Schilling circa 2002 wouldn’t have made sense haha

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:32 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
KDdidit wrote:
Dorks

That photo reminds me of a forced march I was taken on during a cold day at Spottswoode.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Crick Ramp wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

I’m not trying to split hairs here. But you’re evaluating the move based on the results. And hey, that is completely fair. The trade failed based on the results and it’s a results oriented business. So, your point of view is not wrong.

But, at the time, in 2017 Theo was adding a proven number 2-3 starter to a rotation that included the reigning ERA winner (Hendricks), Arietta, Lester and an offense that hadn’t yet revealed itself as being incompetent.

The move made sense at the time is all I’m saying. Shit, if the We knew the cubs offense was going to be DOA in the post season for years to come, adding Johnson and Schilling circa 2002 wouldn’t have made sense haha

You don't trade your top pitching and offensive prospects for a 3rd starter.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:21 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Peoria Matt wrote:

You know just how bad a trade it was when mild-mannered Cub fan Matt is raging against it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
This is pretty much ridculous. But, Theo? What actually playing the game experience does he or Hahn have. Waterboys at Yale, and Harvard?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Q isn't even a 3rd starter quality with the Cubs. 3.51 era with Sox, 4.24 with Cubs. His 33-23 record with the Cubs is highly deceiving.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I'm shocked that Jules has not outright taken credit for this hiring or at least likened herself to Ng yet. I also see that HawaiiKeepingScore approves of the hiring.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:36 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
This is pretty much ridculous. But, Theo? What actually playing the game experience does he or Hahn have. Waterboys at Yale, and Harvard?

Are you the weatherman caller?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:53 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Crick Ramp wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

he worked for Les.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:08 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

he worked for Les.

That explains a lot

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:55 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Crick Ramp wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

The move didn't make sense, we weren't a 4th starter away from a ring.. The only real debate was whether Q was a 3rd or 4th starter..he was never an ace or a #2.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:07 pm 

Agree to disagree ya’ll. Doesn’t matter now. CUbs are fucked til 2025 most likely

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:19 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

You know just how bad a trade it was when mild-mannered Cub fan Matt is raging against it.

The Sox subdivision tried to warn me. But that 1st start against Baltimore had me starry eyed. What a fucking joke of a trade.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:08 pm 

Kim Ng Un has serious mult potential, you dumbies.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:01 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Even your mild mannered contributions suck

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:04 am 

Nardi wrote:
Even your mild mannered contributions suck

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:29 am 

I agree with Crick on this.

Also, the year of the trade he was starting to fade a little, but before that he was most definitely pitching at a #2 level. Four straight years of 200+ innings with an ERA around three and advanced stats that indicated he was pitching even better than that. On top of that, he was getting better each year.

He was also signed to an incredibly team favorable contract, which made him one of the most highly valued players in baseball. His contract allowed the Cubs to sign a host of other players. Unfortunately both Q and all those other players were bad once they got tot he Cubs.

Cease AND Jimenez seemed like an overpay. I'm not so sure it is any more. Jimenez will be a star. There is as good of a chance right now that Cease will be nothing as a pitcher as he will be a regular MLB starter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:48 am 

good dolphin wrote:

Also, the year of the trade he was starting to fade a little, but before that he was most definitely pitching at a #2 level. Four straight years of 200+ innings with an ERA around three and advanced stats that indicated he was pitching even better than that. On top of that, he was getting better each year.

He was also signed to an incredibly team favorable contract, which made him one of the most highly valued players in baseball. His contract allowed the Cubs to sign a host of other players. Unfortunately both Q and all those other players were bad once they got tot he Cubs.

Cease AND Jimenez seemed like an overpay. I'm not so sure it is any more. Jimenez will be a star. There is as good of a chance right now that Cease will be nothing as a pitcher as he will be a regular MLB starter

Yep.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: What??
good dolphin wrote:

Cease, as well as any other high skilled prospect pitcher, has to develop command. And that's hard.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:20 am 

Pronounced "ANG"

had to look that up

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:42 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
geez what a terrible story. That douche who did this to her reminds me of ....... xxxxxx xxx.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:03 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Pronounced "ANG"

had to look that up

Rogue pronounces it differently.