It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:32 pm 

pizza_Place: She/Him
KDdidit wrote:
JustAGayGuy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
They were shitting on him way before he was a Trump supporter, but it might not have been enough to keep him out until he opened his mouth again.

Yeah imagine the horror of speaking your mind without acting violently.

This is kind of a disgrace for the country.

Did I say it was a horror? I answered the question. Writers already didn’t like him for various reasons but he probably would have gotten in before the Trump stuff.

You did not. I further editorialized. That was not intended as a shot at you.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
JustAGayGuy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
JustAGayGuy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
They were shitting on him way before he was a Trump supporter, but it might not have been enough to keep him out until he opened his mouth again.

Did I say it was a horror? I answered the question. Writers already didn’t like him for various reasons but he probably would have gotten in before the Trump stuff.

Well just being in an HY thread made me angry, my bad.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:36 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
JustAGayGuy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
JustAGayGuy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Well just being in an HY thread made me angry, my bad.

Null perspiration, omae.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:53 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
It's been almost 18 years since the steroid players got exposed. Are most fans still opposed to them getting in the HOF? At this point I say let them in. Those guys were a big part of baseball and the game was more exciting with them in it. They've been punished enough. Let them in and include the steroid information for fans to see.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:01 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:
It's been almost 18 years since the steroid players got exposed. Are most fans still opposed to them getting in the HOF? At this point I say let them in. Those guys were a big part of baseball and the game was more exciting with them in it. They've been punished enough. Let them in and include the steroid information for fans to see.

They should be opposed. You don't get to cheat and count yourself amongst the greatest of the great.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:27 pm 

JustAGayGuy wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

They should be opposed. You don't get to cheat and count yourself amongst the greatest of the great.

Babe Ruth injected horse tranquilizers in his ass. They all cheated!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:30 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:
JustAGayGuy wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Babe Ruth injected horse tranquilizers in his ass. They all cheated!

I hadn't heard that. I heard he tried sheep testicle extract.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
“I’ve played with wife beaters, adulterers, assaulted, drug addicts and alcoholics.”

How about buggerers?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
blackhawksfan wrote:

What do you mean by including steroid information? Is it a separate wing? Is it just a plaque on a wall discussing the steroid era? Do the suspected players have an asterisk? I don’t see how it would work. There are guys who are known and those who are suspected.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:18 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
blackhawksfan wrote:
Babe Ruth injected horse tranquilizers in his ass.

Recreationally!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:49 am 

Congrats Nobody!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:53 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

What do you mean by including steroid information? Is it a separate wing? Is it just a plaque on a wall discussing the steroid era? Do the suspected players have an asterisk? I don’t see how it would work. There are guys who are known and those who are suspected.

Just put a blinking sign with a needle on it. Same wing as the other players

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:34 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

I would submit that anyone who played in that era is suspect and that's the fault of the players' own "union". I'm not sure what the answer is. I look at the list of guys that were just voted on and I suspect the vast majority of them were juicing, including all of those who got the most votes.

On the one hand, it was what it was and maybe the voters should just vote on what happened on the field rather than trying to guess who did and who didn't. Piazza and I-Rod are in already. That being the case, why not Bonds and Clemens? But then you're going down a path where guys like Sosa and Palmeiro are going in while guys like Will Clark and Fred McGriff aren't and frankly, I find that unconscionable.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:44 am 

JustAGayGuy wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Someone needs to dig up Gaylord Perry and Phil Niekro and notify them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset