All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
LIVE FEED : mlb.com

FUCK BASEBALL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:18 pm 

Schilling led with 71%

Bonds and Clemens 61 percent. Next year is their last year, no way they get in.

Rolen 52 percent.

Omar Visquel 49 percent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
No juicers is great!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:24 pm 

Schilling can hang it up. Fuck him :lol: :lol: :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:24 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
No juicers is great!

i agree but it's embarrassing nobody got in. They did 4 hours of programming for nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:25 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Schilling can hang it up. Fuck him :lol: :lol: :D

he got 4 extra votes from last year. 16 votes shy. no way he makes up 16 votes next year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:27 pm 

Sad Mark Burhele isn't even in the top 12 percent. Maybe he makes it like in 2031. what a fucked up system that you have to wait 10 fucking years to get in.

Last edited by HawaiiYou on Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:28 pm 

Full Results

Curt Schilling (285 votes, 71.1%)

Barry Bonds (248, 61.8%)

Roger Clemens (247, 61.6%)

Scott Rolen (212, 52.9%

Omar Vizquel (197, 49.1%)

Billy Wagner (186, 46.4%)

Todd Helton (180, 44.9%)

Gary Sheffield (163, 40.6%)

Andruw Jones (136, 33.9%)

Jeff Kent (130, 32.4%)

Manny Ramirez (113, 28.2%)

Sammy Sosa (68, 17.0%)

Andy Pettitte (55, 13.7%)

Mark Buehrle (44, 11.0%)

Torii Hunter (38, 9.5%)

Bobby Abreu (35, 8.7%)

Tim Hudson (21, 5.2%)

Aramis Ramírez (4, 1.0%)

LaTroy Hawkins (2, 0.5%)

Barry Zito (1, 0.2%)

A.J. Burnett (0)

Michael Cuddyer (0)

Dan Haren (0)

Nick Swisher (0)

Shane Victorino (0)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:32 pm 

Mad Dog coming on. This will be good . He will rip MLB a new one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:34 pm 

'Bonds ruined the record books' - MadDog - perfect! guy speaks for the regular fan. And he's a huge Giants fan.

man this is so fucking great. i hope they put this on youtube.

maddog on fire!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:36 pm 

All of these writers can go duck themselves. Their hypocrisy has destroyed the validity of the Hall.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:45 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Wow, Schilling asks HOF to remove him from the ballot next year. Only wants to get in by players.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:46 pm 

SCHILLING GOING SCORCHED EARTH!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:47 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:
Wow, Schilling asks HOF to remove him from the ballot next year. Only wants to get in by players.

We posted at the same time the same thing.

Schilling going 'Baseball Trump'. Sounds like something Trump would say.

this reply is perfect -
James Meredith
@NDTwinsfan

It is sad that the greatest sport in the planet has such a ridiculous process for the HOF voting. Year after year, the voters make it more about themselves than the Hall

Last edited by HawaiiYou on Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:48 pm 

pizza_Place: She/Him
Nick Swisher? Why?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:49 pm 

looks like schilling wrote a lengthy letter to the HOF on facebook.

Can someone post it here? I don't have facebook.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:56 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:

You don't need it. Click the link in his tweet.

What is going on here? Why are "they" saying schilling is a bad guy?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:57 pm 

im reading all the anti-schilling replies on the twitter post

people are such fucking doucebags these days. especially on this social media.

if you dont like the guy for his political beliefs fine. but you have to reply like the guy killed a member of your family? why do these people take this so personal on social media? they're some stranger to the guy but act like he was their long time personal friend who backstabbed them or something.

this social media shit has ruined the social discourse in this country. nobody can talk to someone else that doesn't agree with them 100 percent?
no wonder the country is going to shit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:58 pm 

JustAGayGuy wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

You don't need it. Click the link in his tweet.

What is going on here? Why are "they" saying schilling is a bad guy?

I clicked on it, it shows the entire thing for like 2 seconds, then asks me to join facebook. then like 3 seconds later some popup comes on saying Russian girls are ready to date me.

would you be able to post it? i am anxious to read the entire thing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:01 pm 

So this guy got blackballed because he's a Trump supporter?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:02 pm 

JustAGayGuy wrote:
So this guy got blackballed because he's a Trump supporter?

ya. and now they are bashing him for not getting in. think if the got in, all the crying on social media/internet.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:04 pm 

Big Papi is eligible next year.

He's a steroid guy. But he gets a pass by the writers for it. Not sure why.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
They were shitting on him way before he was a Trump supporter, but it might not have been enough to keep him out until he opened his mouth again.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:08 pm 

all the mlb network guys and ex players defending Schilling as a HOF. these guys better be careful or they're going to get cancelled.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:09 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Sportswriters are the worst. Zero made it from that list? Laughable

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:09 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
They were shitting on him way before he was a Trump supporter, but it might not have been enough to keep him out until he opened his mouth again.

Yeah imagine the horror of speaking your mind without acting violently.

This is kind of a disgrace for the country.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:16 pm 

JustAGayGuy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

agree. i dont care what side of the political spectrum someone is on. if i don't agree with someone, i dont' agree. i dont' need to pick a fight. i dont understand that mentality. he's a baseball player. he has no power to change anyone's life. why is it such a tragedy if he gets into the hof. there are worse people in there.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:29 pm 

found the full statement : https://www.nj.com/yankees/2021/01/the- ... -snub.html

Hey guys. Couple things. First off I am not sure I can express my level of gratitude and sincere appreciation at the graciousness, kindness and desire on all your parts to help me navigate this process. I can say at this point I am mentally done. I know math and I know trends and I know I will not attain the 75% threshold for induction.

As I’ve stated often over the past years to those I’ve spoken with in my heart I am at peace. Nothing, zero, none of the claims being made by any of the writers hold merit. In my 22 years playing professional baseball in the most culturally diverse locker rooms in sports I’ve never said or acted in any capacity other than being a good teammate.

I’ve certainly been exposed to racism and sexism and homophobia as it’s part of who human beings are. I’ve played with and talked with gay teammates. I’ve played with wife beaters, adulterers, assaulted, drug addicts and alcoholics. I’ve never hit a woman, driven drunk, done drugs, PEDs or otherwise, assaulted anyone or committed any sort of crime. But I’m now somehow in a conversation with two men who cheated, and instead of being accountable they chose to destroy others lives to protect their lie.

I will always have one thing they will forever chase. A legacy. Whatever mine is as a player it will be the truth, and one I earned for better or worse.

Having said all that the media has created a Curt Schilling that does not and has never existed. It’s one of the things that has allowed me to sleep at night. Not an ounce of that is to absolve myself of sin, Lord knows I’ve committed my share and will do so again. Never malicious, never to willfully or intentionally hurt another person. I was 100% accountable and still am. Even the thought of responding to claims of “nazi” or “racist” or any other term so watered down and rendered meaningless by spineless cowards who have never met me makes me ill. In modern times responding to such drivel somehow validates the claim.

My love of this country has always been worn on my sleeve. My desire to do the right thing and be a good person has driven most of my life choices. I stood at my locker 400+ times after my starts and took every question and answered honestly. Those people who stood there asking the questions KNOW what they are claiming is untrue yet they quote, re-quote and link to one another story after story that began as lies and grew into bigger ones. The game has made it clear it does not want me back and that’s fine, the game owes me exactly nothing. It gave a billion more times than it took and I’ll forever be deeply in debt to it. My desire to work with and teach young men the art of pitching will be tucked away. But as I watch my wife battle cancer and go through the grueling soul crushing process of chemotherapy and see her hurt every time some idiot writes another hit piece linking to other hit pieces, none rooted in any sort of truth but rather story after story of “what he meant was” and “what he’s saying is” and “that’s a dog whistle for” all the while providing zero actual acts or quotes of the claims being made I can’t help but to go into deep conversation with my father.

”Never live your life trying to impress people you don’t know, or who don’t know you” and what that means in todays world. Being an aspie has allowed it to flow like water off a ducks back. But to see the hurt I’m causing my wife and to have my children read and hear this stuff and then look at me and try and match a public “image” that in no way aligns with the man their father is , has been something I never considered.

I do not and never will “scoreboard” the cowards but if I’m not mistaken only Jamie Moyer and I “swept” the humanitarian awards players can win. Awards meant to define who the true man is apart from the player. These same writers voted on those awards. Do those awards and 22 years absent of a single validating event to support their claims define me? Or does a “what he meant to say” tweet? Based on the vote and the pile of dung authored by morally decrepit men like Dan Shaughnessy it’s the latter. I cannot and will not say or do anything to possibly soften a weak willed mans opinion of me if it is not something I believe. Just or not. I’ve chosen Arizona as the team I would have represented if I had been inducted and even though I heard someone there is calling for the DBacks front office to “meet” should the induction happen I’ll stand with that decision as I know Mr Kendrick to be an honorable and kind man. Should that change it most certainly would be the Phillies. What Mr Henry and Mr Werner did to my family and I in my final year has been forgiven but will never be forgotten. One thing this text certifies is that I talk way too much but I know I was never a yes/no answer guy. I apologize for the insane length of this but I guess I needed an outlet and I sure as hell don’t want to dump any of this on a woman who just ended her 3rd chemo and provides the reasons I eat sleep and breathe everyday. Why the text? If by some miracle this would happen I have zero interest in taking questions from the very group who lined up to destroy my character with no regard to anyone in my life or being held to account for their lies. I would and will talk with the guys on the MLB network if you want that, but no one else.I wanted to reiterate this final point. I will not participate in the final year of voting. I am requesting to be removed from the ballot. I’ll defer to the veterans committee and men whose opinions actually matter and who are in a position to actually judge a player. I don’t think I’m a hall of famer as I’ve often stated but if former players think I am then I’ll accept that with honor.

gain, I won’t be able to thank you for your kindness and sincere interest in this process as it pertains to me. I’ll be forever grateful. God Bless you all again and one more time a final thank you for all your efforts to help my family and I.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
JustAGayGuy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Did I say it was a horror? I answered the question. Writers already didn’t like him for various reasons but he probably would have gotten in before the Trump stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:31 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
JustAGayGuy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Did I say it was a horror? I answered the question. Writers already didn’t like him for various reasons but he probably would have gotten in before the Trump stuff.

i dont think he meant the reply against you or anything negative your way. It sounded he was talking in general.