It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Regular Reader wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
And then set out to build it in an area where the metro Atlanta buses and train lines are prevented from serving.

If there's a book about MARTA, I'll read it. The whole thing was designed not to work. Arguably the entirety of greater Atlanta is "where the metro Atlanta buses and train lines are prevented from serving."

But yeah, their park is especially inaccessible by anything but car, and it's by design. They only want you to drive there.

So in addition to being too stupid to work the internet and get voter ids, black people also don’t drive or have cars . Who knew ?

If you can, everyone else can. And then troll in like you do. Stick with your bigoted fans. It's what you do. Congrats.

So when will black America begin to despise the segregated virtue signaling whites who pat some natty heads for the earth shattering invention of fried chicken? Better be careful if think you they're useful idiots. Cuz when push came to shove, they picked trannies over Chapelle.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
This thread is going pretty much as expected :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Nardi, have you ever had really good fried chicken? It definitely can be earth shattering.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Regular Reader wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
I don’t see a shred of evidence beyond wink wink nudge nudge… it’s the South! There is a black female mayor now. And a black mayor ten years prior. To act like it’s still 1970 or even 1990 in Atlanta is crazy.

The team is going to take free money. So while the race story plays, what do you really think motivates baseball owners?

You clearly know nothing about Atlanta. And while it is money, but the location provided an additional "benefit". You probably thought the stadium sits in Atlanta until today.

Black people do live in Cobb County, two of my former co-workers live there and before COVID either drove or did a park and ride to an express bus.

But the placement was aggressively suburban in a way which was obvious and was to draw more fans who would drive in from points north and west, the same number of fans from Gwinnett County to the east (where their AAA team is) and far fewer people from the city and points south.

Black people live in Burr Ridge (most notable Mr. Vincent Jackson), but if the White Sox moved beyond Burr Ridge to Bolingbrook it wouldn't be for anything more than free money and less perceived crime around the stadium. Same goes here.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:07 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
I don’t see a shred of evidence beyond wink wink nudge nudge… it’s the South! There is a black female mayor now. And a black mayor ten years prior. To act like it’s still 1970 or even 1990 in Atlanta is crazy.

The team is going to take free money. So while the race story plays, what do you really think motivates baseball owners?

You clearly know nothing about Atlanta. And while it is money, but the location provided an additional "benefit". You probably thought the stadium sits in Atlanta until today.

Black people do live in Cobb County, two of my former co-workers live there and before COVID either drove or did a park and ride to an express bus.

But the placement was aggressively suburban in a way which was obvious and was to draw more fans who would drive in from points north and west, the same number of fans from Gwinnett County to the east (where their AAA team is) and far fewer people from the city and points south.

Black people live in Burr Ridge (most notable Mr. Vincent Jackson), but if the White Sox moved beyond Burr Ridge to Bolingbrook it wouldn't be for anything more than free money and less perceived crime around the stadium. Same goes here.

Bingo!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:06 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Regular Reader wrote:

I remember when they announced the park, they made a big deal out of how it would have "an Atlanta address." I learned that this is because of some quirk in ZIP codes and how cities are incorporated in Georgia. I have heard it referred to as being in Smyrna, Cumberland, Vinings, and Cobb County. It's not in Atlanta, but it's not in any of those cities because they're all unincorporated. But the nearest post office is in the city, so Atlanta it "is." Good to know in case I ever decide to mail a letter to the Atlanta Braves, I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:16 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I remember when they announced the park, they made a big deal out of how it would have "an Atlanta address." I learned that this is because of some quirk in ZIP codes and how cities are incorporated in Georgia. I have heard it referred to as being in Smyrna, Cumberland, Vinings, and Cobb County. It's not in Atlanta, but it's not in any of those cities because they're all unincorporated. But the nearest post office is in the city, so Atlanta it "is." Good to know in case I ever decide to mail a letter to the Atlanta Braves, I guess.

I lived in unincorporated Dekalb county but it was called Atlanta. Getting to the Marta line @Lenox was a massive pain in the ass when my car was in the shop. It was really clear that it part of a plan to keep the suburbs preserved. And it was only a 5-10 minute drive. Strangely Decatur proper 15 minutes south had a Marta rail line iirc. But that was the first suburb to integrate before the rail system was built.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:20 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
According to Google Maps, it's 10 miles from the center of Atlanta on the boundry line of Atlanta and Cumberland.

Here's the public trans
https://www.mlb.com/braves/ballpark/tra ... sportation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:01 pm 

Big Bossman was from cobb county!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:18 pm 

Apparently Cobb County has banned MARTA from expanding there. Imagine if DuPage County didn't have Pace or Metra. That'd be pretty weird.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:58 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

This isn’t an argument. And again no evidence other than your Atlanta “expertise”. This seems like a white liberal dream issue more than reality. “They” don’t want black people’s money.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:14 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

This isn’t an argument. And again no evidence other than your Atlanta “expertise”. This seems like a white liberal dream issue more than reality. “They” don’t want black people’s money.

Did you live there? Do you know many people who actually live there? If not, stick to your Twitter feed. Your ignorance is showing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:38 pm 

I think Regular Reader lived there for a while. I've just passed through, but I've read about MARTA and how there was a great deal of opposition to the mere concept of mass transit in Atlanta. It wouldn't surprise me that that legacy still manifests itself in the region.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:39 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

I think Regular Reader lived there for a while. I've just passed through, but I've read about MARTA and how there was a great deal of opposition to the mere concept of mass transit in Atlanta. It wouldn't surprise me that that legacy still manifests itself in the region.

Exactly

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:51 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

Man, take the L on this one.

They want middle-class black people's money. If you live in Cobb or DeKalb or Buckhead or Lenox or even Midtown, sure drive on over to the game. If you live in the predominantly black neighborhoods S/SE of downtown, fuck off or sit though an hour or traffic.

White fans from the NW collar counties were not going to Turner Field at a level one would expect from their fandom and their income. Partially traffic, partially if you're a white guy from the sticks and make the wrong set of turns out of the Turner Field parking lot you won't be happy and your spouse may say that it's not worth the risk to go to th game. My observation confirmed by my friend who was living there was that those running the park made no effort to get drivers into the interstate unless they had paid for premium parking, everyone else was shuffled onto side streets without a lot of signage or lighting and effectively told good luck getting back to 85.

I know about a dozen transportation professionals of various races and political leanings who are based in Atlanta. I used to manage staff in Midtown Atlanta who commuted in from the collar counties.

Everything that RR is saying about the collar counties is true.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:58 pm 

Regular Reader and Curious Hair said that the motivation to move to a richer neighborhood was racism. I said is was motivated by money. My evidence is they took a ton on taxpayer money to move to a new building in the suburbs. His is that he lived in Atlanta so he knows how things work there. (Racism drives EVERTHING) Oh and the train doesn't take people to the stadium. I'm sure when they were looking for a location the planners were worried that poor black people would take a train to the suburbs to try to go to a baseball game. Major factor in the decision making.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:06 pm 

Regular Reader and Curious Hair said that the motivation to move to a richer neighborhood was racism. I said is was motivated by money. My evidence is they took a ton on taxpayer money to move to a new building in the suburbs. His is that he lived in Atlanta so he knows how things work there. (Racism drives EVERTHING) Oh and the train doesn't take people to the stadium. I'm sure when they were looking for a location the planners were worried that poor black people would take a train to the suburbs to try to go to a baseball game. Major factor in the decision making.

Look, you stick to the right wing idiots on your hyperbolic Twitter feed and the pasteurized places you know and let the adults here have a discussion with places we actually know. You don't have to prove your bigoted idiocy each time I post. And trigger you.

And stick behind the hysteria of JORR's pants cuffs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Regular Reader wrote:

How about Arlington Heights?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
The location of the stadium made zero sense. It is a city with terrible traffic issues. The stadium needed to be centrally located not directionally far from a large portion of the fan base.

When I went to Turner Field for my Cubs trip, we took public trans from the airport and down to the stadium. Of course we stayed in Buckhead.

Atlanta is one of my least favorite cities.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
denisdman wrote:
Yeah I’m not a fan either but it’s still better than Houston, Dallas, Phoenix, and Orlando.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:27 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

Look, you stick to the right wing idiots on your hyperbolic Twitter feed and the pasteurized places you know and let the adults here have a discussion with places we actually know. You don't have to prove your bigoted idiocy each time I post. And trigger you.

There is one person triggered here, and unable to carry on a conversation without resorting to insults and pettiness. Adults? I lived there so I know the politics and financial insider details of a recent stadium deal is something a child would say.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Yeah I’m not a fan either but it’s still better than Houston, Dallas, Phoenix, and Orlando.

I do not mind Dallas. The only cities in the South that are like are Miami, San Diego, and New Orleans. Austin is decent. The rest you can keep mainly because I hate hot weather all year round.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:40 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Aside from Houston, I'd agree. It has a million problems but it's an incredibly diverse and interesting place imho.But then again the only Texas city I have no use for remains Dallas.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:41 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

There is one person triggered here, and unable to carry on a conversation without resorting to insults and pettiness. Adults? I lived there so I know the politics and financial insider details of a recent stadium deal is something a child would say.

Doubtful. You seem like the biggest liar on this board.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I lived in Smyrna/Marietta for a year. I went to 1 game at Turner Field. It was a very boring park, fresh new comiskey boring. I can't recall anything about the surrounding area other than a small field in the parking lot that represented FCS. I don't remember there being a ballpark district with bars and eating establishments and all that stuff you see around most stadiums. I would have much rather gone to the current field than that one but I also lived up there so it was closer and minus the horrible traffic.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:15 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Aside from Houston, I'd agree. It has a million problems but it's an incredibly diverse and interesting place imho.But then again the only Texas city I have no use for remains Dallas.

When I was visiting potential relocation cities 8-9 years ago, I went to Charlotte for a couple of days. I was so fucking bored I ended up at the NASCAR museum. It's supposed to be a good place to raise a family, but fuck it is useless for a tourist.

If I didn't have friends there who I like to visit when I can, I would never have reason to step foot in Atlanta again.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:48 am 

Man, take the L on this one.

Something you can easily do whether going to Wrigley or Comiskey 8) 8)